Does the Church cause good stuff?

Duncan

To flip the question that auteur55 asked does the Church cause good actions?, if it does then why not bad stuff or damage as he put it, if the Church doesn't cause good or bad then what value is it? Why bother with it if it has no positive or negative outcome in our lives? Just wondering is all!

I don't believe that I have ever read a more "non question" on the Net before.

Does ANYTHING ever NOT possess good and bad traits and effects?...

Well, does the Church do good and bad is what I was driving at, if good then why not bad, along those lines! haha!

To flip the question that auteur55 asked does the Church cause good actions?, if it does then why not bad stuff or damage as he put it, if the Church doesn't cause good or bad then what value is it? Why bother with it if it has no positive or negative outcome in our lives? Just wondering is all!

I have maintained in the past that the Church should not be held accountable for the errant actions of its members that are in direct violation of what it teaches.

Consistent with the above reasoning, then, I would say that the Church might take some credit for the good things its members do but should not be blamed when they act in violation of what it expressly teaches.

"For none of these iniquities come of the Lord; for he doeth that which is good among the children of men; and he doeth nothing save it be plain unto the children of men; and he inviteth them all to come unto him and partake of his goodness; and he denieth none that come unto him, black and white, bond and free, male and female; and he remembereth the heathen; and all are alike unto God, both Jew and Gentile." 2 Nephi 26:33. Whereas the Church is His vehicle to do that, the Church does good stuff, and only good stuff: nothing bad at all.

I have maintained in the past that the Church should not be held accountable for the errant actions of its members that are in direct violation of what it teaches.

Consistent with the above reasoning, then, I would say that the Church might take some credit for the good things its members do but should not be blamed when they act in violation of what it expressly teaches.

I would agree with that!

"For none of these iniquities come of the Lord; for he doeth that which is good among the children of men; and he doeth nothing save it be plain unto the children of men; and he inviteth them all to come unto him and partake of his goodness; and he denieth none that come unto him, black and white, bond and free, male and female; and he remembereth the heathen; and all are alike unto God, both Jew and Gentile." 2 Nephi 26:33. Whereas the Church is His vehicle to do that, the Church does good stuff, and only good stuff: nothing bad at all.

The institutional Church yes but some of the leaders can do bad or just give bad advice that people follow, thanks!

The institutional Church yes but some of the leaders can do bad or just give bad advice that people follow, thanks!

Leaders doing bad things or giving bad advice is the same as members doing bad things despite their association with the Church. The power of Christ and the keys He directs in our behalf offset any other individual's failings.

Leaders doing bad things or giving bad advice is the same as members doing bad things despite their association with the Church. The power of Christ and the keys He directs in our behalf offset any other individual's failings.

I hope that members take advantage of the healing available rather then become bitter and turn away or stay and be bitter

here is my disclaimer, I am super active in the Church and I have been very hurt in the past by a variety of people in the Church and I just don't want to have that happen ever again so I have defenses and filters so I hope I don't come across as negative or anything, I am actually a very happy go lucky guy!

Archived