Seriously No Politics ×

Adam-God

wjwalsh

My question is, how do you account for the time when Brigham Young in the Deseret News article in the last Adam-God thread where Brigham Young says that Adam is Micheal, a great prince and Elohoim tells him "Go ye and make an earth."

This would be one of the times that BY appeared to teach the identity of God and Adam as we believe and understand today. On the other hand, if I was trying to defend the Adam God Doctrine, which I am not, I would say that Eloheim is our spiritual grandfather. Adam, who was the first man on this Earth is our spiritual father, or our Heavenly Father acting under the direction of his father who is Eloheim, our grandfather. Do I believe this? No. But stranger things than this may turn out to be true.

I would say that Eloheim is our spiritual grandfather. Adam, who was the first man on this Earth is our spiritual father, or our Heavenly Father acting under the direction of his father who is Eloheim, our grandfather. Do I believe this? No. But stranger things than this may turn out to be true.

Or, maybe Elohim is just a symbol, representing the entire patriarchal chain of Gods. We normally think of Elohim as the ultimate God, but If we say there was no grand beginning ('If Ye Could Hie to Kolob'), then there was no ultimate God.

Our minds have a natural philosophical tendency for look for simplicity and concreteness. Maybe we are allowed to view Elohim as a concrete Father God, but BY was teaching us something more expansive.

WJW

Archived