Seriously No Politics ×

Do you read long posts?

zelder

Almost anytime I see a long post i just gloss over it. Even if the post is a response with several short responses contained in it, I can't seem to get interested enough to look through it. Does anybody else have this "problem"?

I don't usually read long posts either.

I'm sure there are many that have really excellent points and wonders of knowledge; I just don't usually have the time to read them and digest them.

Well, I guess it depends on how well written it is. If it's engaging and/or inspiring I will read it and maybe come back and read it again. In my opinion, the multiple quotes with one or two word answers I skip over and I always quit reading a post once it becomes a personal attack on the individual straying far from the topic at hand.

Yah, same here... it depends. If I am interested in the subject (or I usually enjoy the person's posts), then I read it. Sometimes I will read over it very quickly though.

I find super-large blocks of text intimidating... but I am guilty of writing them myself, so yah... not so good there XD. I like somewhere in the middle... not too short of a response between quotes, not too long of a response =).

But yah. TAO is weird. XD.

Best Wishes,

TAO

Almost anytime I see a long post i just gloss over it. Even if the post is a response with several short responses contained in it, I can't seem to get interested enough to look through it. Does anybody else have this "problem"?

I must confess that I didn't read your whole comment. It was just too long. :P

Yah, same here... it depends. If I am interested in the subject (or I usually enjoy the person's posts), then I read it. Sometimes I will read over it very quickly though.

I'll have to agree with you here, TAO. I'm the exact same way. It really depends on how interested I am in the subject, but even if i've been reading long posts within that subject, i'll get bored of it and start skimming through it. I need to work on really paying attention to every post, even if it's long so I can soak up as much information on the topic as I can. Even if it gets boring.

I tend not to read long posts, except for certain individuals, and even then mostly skim through to see if anything I'm really interested in. Sometimes my posts get too long but I try to keep them short.

Unless the topic is interesting, I will usually just glance over long posts.