Seriously No Politics ×

Radiation in Tobacco

I posted a similar topic on Caffeine, but this one is even more eye opening. The big national scare right now is Radiation from the Fukushima reactors in Japan - although no substantial radiation has been found here in the USA. While some are buying nuke pills, still others smoke at the same time! Sometimes we need to be worried about the things that can really affect us... and for those of us that don

I posted a similar topic on Caffeine, but this one is even more eye opening. The big national scare right now is Radiation from the Fukushima reactors in Japan - although no substantial radiation has been found here in the USA. While some are buying nuke pills, still others smoke at the same time! Sometimes we need to be worried about the things that can really affect us... and for those of us that don

This one is interesting as well, but I would trust wikipedia over the EPA any day. At least on Wikipedia they have to have a majority of posters to distort facts, at the EPA they don't even need that.

Here's a source from Wikipedia

Radioactive carcinogens

Source: Wikipedia"In addition to chemical, nonradioactive carcinogens, tobacco and tobacco smoke contain small amounts of lead-210 (210Pb) and polonium-210 (210Po) both of which are radioactive carcinogens. The presence of polonium-210 in mainstream cigarette smoke has been experimentally measured at levels of 0.0263

Here's a source from Wikipedia

Radioactive carcinogens

Source: Wikipedia"In addition to chemical, nonradioactive carcinogens, tobacco and tobacco smoke contain small amounts of lead-210 (210Pb) and polonium-210 (210Po) both of which are radioactive carcinogens. The presence of polonium-210 in mainstream cigarette smoke has been experimentally measured at levels of 0.0263