Seriously No Politics ×

My Apologies to Volgladon

Loran Howard Blood

In the "social justice" thread, Robert F. Smith said the following:

Just so, is it Loran Blood's heartless alternative to modern American democracy to adopt the Darwinian and Spencerian notion of "survival of the fittest," and to arm ourselves to prevent looting by the hoi polloi? Would he accept as an alternative the organized efforts of the Hutterite Brethren? Or are all secular democracies to be denied the avenue of assisting people who have fallen on hard times -- due to famine, flood, earthquake, economic catastrophe, etc.? Is there anything which will move him to compassion? Are all organized governmental efforts to deal with problems offlimits? Just asking?

And all of this because I am a conservative/libertarian of the Hayek/Buckley tradition.

Vogladon then said this:

Sunday School really isn't about understanding the OT properly. It is about teaching gospel principles using certain OT scriptures, which often take the backseat to quotes from general authorities.

And then this:

No, I guess it has nothing to do with your smug, self-righteous condescension.

To make a long story short, these comments above, including Smith's (which Vogladon had nothing to do with) eventuated, as they came in rather rapid succession and on a topic upon which I and Volgladon are in utter and polar opposition (as is true of most things between us) in an outburst of incivility for which I apologize to Volg and everyone on this board.

I always intend, but am not always perfect or consistent, in my ideals of critical discourse and civility to which I hold myself, as an ideal, and others. I do apologize to Volg for this lapse of judgment and propriety.

In the "social justice" thread, Robert F. Smith said the following:

And all of this because I am a conservative/libertarian of the Hayek/Buckley tradition.

Vogladon then said this:

And then this:

To make a long story short, these comments above, including Smith's (which Vogladon had nothing to do with) eventuated, as they came in rather rapid sucession and on a topic upon which I and Volgladon are in utter and polar opposition (as is true of most things between us) in an outburst of incivility for which I apologize to Volg and everyone on this board.

I always intend, but am not always perfect or consistent, in my ideals of critical discoures and civility to whcih I hold myself, as an ideal, and others. I do apologize to Volg for this lapse of judgement and propriety.

First of all, I would like to say that this is as pleasent as it is unexpected. I would also like to apologise for my remark above. Even though it followed a fairly insulting cooment, I should not have lashed back at you. You are still a brother.

First of all, I would like to say that this is as pleasent as it is unexpected. I would also like to apologise for my remark above. Even though it followed a fairly insulting cooment, I should not have lashed back at you. You are still a brother.

Thank you Volg, but it shouldn't have been unexpected.

Its not the first time I've had to do it.

Hopefully, it will be the last.

Archived