Seriously No Politics ×

Already in the Millennium?

BookofMormonLuvr

In my research after leaving the LDS Church I remember coming across a quote by Brigham Young stating that the Millenium had already begun- Does anyone know the quote which I am thinking of?

The "millennium" is a religious myth, not some literal future epoch. If there is to be a paradisiacal life on Earth we must cooperate and create it ourselves. I don't believe for one moment that inevitable mass destruction and death is required in order to bring about the biblical millennial paradise....

The "millennium" is a religious myth, not some literal future epoch. If there is to be a paradisiacal life on Earth we must cooperate and create it ourselves. I don't believe for one moment that inevitable mass destruction and death is required in order to bring about the biblical millennial paradise....

Uh, yeah, I didn't create this to argue the merits of Millennial theology. I am just looking for the quote and a discussion on it, when it is found.

BTW, having lived amoung humans my whole life I do believe a destruction of wicked individuals will be neccessary to bring about the conditions of the Millennium.

I have heard people say that the Millennium began with the restoration of the church and has been on-going. Jesus Christ after all has visited the earth again by appearing to Joseph Smith and others. I don't know the sources but there was a discussion here some time ago on this topic.

I'm still looking forward to the Millennial reign of Christ on earth and wish it would come sooner rather than later. I think we need to realize a millennium in this reference may not be exactly a thousand years but rather talking about a period of peace, just as the days in creation are time periods rather than 24 hour days.

The "millennium" is a religious myth, not some literal future epoch.

I disagree.

If there is to be a paradisiacal life on Earth we must cooperate and create it ourselves.

I would argue that those who would/are cooperating to create it are the only ones who will survive to see it.

I don't believe for one moment that inevitable mass destruction and death is required in order to bring about the biblical millennial paradise....

You have more faith in humanity then I do.

Archived