Seriously No Politics ×

Have Gay Friends, Loose Your Temple Recommend

california boy

Man Fired from LDS Church For Refusing to Give Up Gay Friends

Here is the link

The Church often states that one can be a full member of the church and still be gay. I have posted in the past that my stake president and bishop both told me that I was not allowed to have a male room mate nor was I allowed to date. Many on this board challenged me on this statement.

The current article is being posted on blogs that once again paint the church as being bigoted and intolerant of gays. When you read the article I feel there is a bit of a slant to it, but never the less, the guy seems to have lost his temple recommend not from having sex outside of marriage, but from having gay friends and being unwilling to give them up. Is there any hope for the church to not be viewed as bigoted when incidents like this occur? Should a member be fired from the church office building for being gay? Having gay friends? Joining a gay social club? I thought the sin was sex outside of marriage. Evidently being chase and being a gay member of the church is not enough. As far as most gay people believe, this guy is just another casualty that the church is willing to discard because of its attitudes against gays.

Man Fired from LDS Church For Refusing to Give Up Gay Friends

Here is the link

The Church often states that one can be a full member of the church and still be gay. I have posted in the past that my stake president and bishop both told me that I was not allowed to have a male room mate nor was I allowed to date. Many on this board challenged me on this statement.

The current article is being posted on blogs that once again paint the church as being bigoted and intolerant of gays. When you read the article I feel there is a bit of a slant to it, but never the less, the guy seems to have lost his temple recommend not from having sex outside of marriage, but from having gay friends and being unwilling to give them up. Is there any hope for the church to not be viewed as bigoted when incidents like this occur? Should a member be fired from the church office building for being gay? Having gay friends? Joining a gay social club? I thought the sin was sex outside of marriage. Evidently being chase and being a gay member of the church is not enough. As far as most gay people believe, this guy is just another casualty that the church is willing to discard because of its attitudes against gays.

This is already being yammered about on this board.

Archived