Scriptural and Secular Historical Timelines

Rivers

It is apparent that these two time lines don't exactly agree. Especially when you have the first man at 4000 B.C. in the scriptural time line. I was wondering If there is any way to harmonize these two chronologies?

Don't know. I don't know if Adam lived in 4000 B.C. or earlier.

However it is perfectly acceptable to me that there were creatures like us before our story began with Adam and our theology would allow for them to be glorified or even exalted. Their story is not our story so our scriptural record wouldn't include them. In terms of our relationship with God our story begins with Adam. What God did before we came on the scene he has not told us and I doubt he'll satisfy our curiosity before the Millenium at the earliest. I could be wrong though. I hope so. I'd like to know more. :P

Don't know. I don't know if Adam lived in 4000 B.C. or earlier.

I wonder if the appearance of Adam would coincide with the appearance of temples that match Lundquist's typology, which would exclude the 12,000 BC temple found in Turkey, Gobekli Tepe.

Professor Nibley has a beautiful article on the topic. In the interest of space, I am just going to quote the last paragraph.

Adam becomes Adam, a hominid becomes a man, when he starts keeping a record. What kind of record? A record of his ancestors

Archived