Seriously No Politics ×

Adam's Rib:

David Bokovoy

Fascinating concept.

However, might you have it backwards. Could it be that ancient cultures, noting the baculum deficiency, explained it by proposing the creation of woman as the reason. Such an explanation would bolster the concept that women were inferior to men and this was God's will as demonstrated by the way He created the woman from part of man's sexual apparatus.

Larry p

Fascinating concept.

However, might you have it backwards. Could it be that ancient cultures, noting the baculum deficiency, explained it by proposing the creation of woman as the reason. Such an explanation would bolster the concept that women were inferior to men and this was God's will as demonstrated by the way He created the woman from part of man's sexual apparatus.

Larry p

Sorry, I'm a bit confused. In what way is this a reversal from what I wrote? Also, if the theory is correct, I'm not sure that the woman's creation would indicate inferiority simply because she was created from the man's baculum.

Lest anyone assume that I'm simply trying to be shocking and/or controversial here, I believe that if correct, this observation supports my reading of Genesis 2-3 as an explanatory narrative revealing why humans share the mortal nature of animals yet are so unique in terms of their sexual awareness and behaviors. In Genesis, humans are sexual beings like the Gods.

So this issue should carry a lot of interest for an LDS audience.

Hey David, check out that Exegesis for the creation of Eve in my Nail of Heaven book that I sent you, and you will see even more. Tachtenna is also a euphemism for "her womb" and the phrase "closing the flesh in the stead thereof" actually translates to "enclosing the phallus in her womb."

Ed Goble

Genesis 2:20-21 features an interesting portrayal of the creation of the first woman. I

Does the book of Abraham (Moses, or any other Mormon scripture) give any more details on the creation of Adam and Eve (in the physical bodies)?

Genesis says Adam was made fron dust, and Eve from a bone.

Is that the same picture given in Mormon scripture?

Seeing that the Holy Bible is the largest book in the "Mormon scriptures" (larger than the Book of Mormon, D&C, and Pearl of Great Price combined) I know we have the "same picture". It still amazes me that people think that we have different scriptures, that we don't use the Bible or that the BoM, D&C, and PoGP are contradictory to the Holy Bible.

...and equids, monotremes, marsupials, lagomorphs, hyenas, and cetaceans.

How does this make humans uniquely sexual beings "like the Gods".

The author of the account didn't have much if any exposure to these other species and may have assumed that it was a unique human feature. But even if correct, this is but one minor point raised in a hundred page chapter. Human sexuality is much more unique when considered in terms of behaviors.

David, the day has finally arrived that I finally found something first! I discussed this about a year ago and found it fascinating.

</h2> http://archaiologia.wordpress.com/

Excuse me while I quietly feel smug...for at least five seconds. Okay...I'm back to normal...At least I know I'm on the right track.

Well why didn't you draw it to my attention, Bro! You know I'm in to stuff like this. And it's not as if I regularly peruse the American Journal of Medical Genetics! :P

Hey David, check out that Exegesis for the creation of Eve in my Nail of Heaven book that I sent you, and you will see even more. Tachtenna is also a euphemism for "her womb" and the phrase "closing the flesh in the stead thereof" actually translates to "enclosing the phallus in her womb."

Ed Goble

Interesting, I'll have to take a look.

Humans behave sexually like the gods in Near Eastern conceptions. I believe that the story of Eden explains why this is the case. The first humans ate from a tree that gave them sexual awareness unlike the animals, but precisely like that which the Gods themselves possess.

Hmmmm...

I'm either suffering from a lack of imagination, or am a romantic dud. (or both) But I'm failing to see the biological/behavioral/spirtitual connections or significance.

Which is exactly the reason why I would look forward to reading your upcoming work. :P

Well why didn't you draw it to my attention, Bro! You know I'm in to stuff like this. And it's not as if I regularly peruse the American Journal of Medical Genetics! :P

Hey, I'm just happy I got something right. Try explaining to the good brothers and sisters in Gospel Doctrine that side and feet as Hebraisms are euphemistic for sex and sex organs. I get stares enough as it is. Even my wife is sitting away from me. Seriously, though good research. I think this is an area that begs research. I have often taught that without a virile supreme deity then the population suffers. Why should Israel be any different. They expected as much from their kings, vis-a-vis David being kept "warm" by Abishag, but failing to "know" her. What did this lead to? His son Adonijah conspiracy against his kingship. Unless God remains potent then he can be, at least in a primitive mindset, be overrun by lesser beings via Baal and El where Baal cuckolds El in taking his consort/sister.

I think the point is here, is that those that believe that we are literal descendants of Heavenly Parents in our mortal bodies, and not just in our spirits, find this thing faith-promoting because it isn't just something that modern prophets made up, but is a concept from ancient times. And the more we dig in to the meanings of these symbols in Genesis, the more this view is upheld by the evidence. So even if your faith is not edified by this, other people's are.

For me, it isn't a question of Adam being the sire of the whole human race. Undoubtedly we mixed in with the Neanderthals at some point, and a great percentage of our ancestry lies in the anatomically modern human race that pre-dates Adam. But to have Elohim as one of my ancestors in my body literally is a wonderful concept to me, regardless of the origins of the rest of the humans that were on the earth before Adam. This is not an either/or proposition where we must choose Adam or the Pre-Adamites. It is rather an and/also proposition, where it is both in our ancestry. We are a hybrid race.

Hmmmm...

I'm either suffering from a lack of imagination, or am a romantic dud. (or both) But I'm failing to see the biological/behavioral/spirtitual connections or significance.

Which is exactly the reason why I would look forward to reading your upcoming work. :P

I think the point is here, is that those that believe that we are literal descendants of Heavenly Parents in our mortal bodies, and not just in our spirits, find this thing faith-promoting because it isn't just something that modern prophets made up, but is a concept from ancient times. And the more we dig in to the meanings of these symbols in Genesis, the more this view is upheld by the evidence. So even if your faith is not edified by this, other people's are.

For me, it isn't a question of Adam being the sire of the whole human race. Undoubtedly we mixed in with the Neanderthals at some point, and a great percentage of our ancestry lies in the anatomically modern human race that pre-dates Adam. But to have Elohim as one of my ancestors in my body literally is a wonderful concept to me, regardless of the origins of the rest of the humans that were on the earth before Adam. This is not an either/or proposition where we must choose Adam or the Pre-Adamites. It is rather an and/also proposition, where it is both in our ancestry. We are a hybrid race.

What does this have to do with the proposed baculumectomy?

Archived