Seriously No Politics ×

Vision of the Father to Joseph...

specialslc

This thought occurred to me a few weeks ago and I've wondered if anyone else has ever considered it. Does it make any sense that God the Father would give a personal, physical appearance to Joseph Smith.. but at His only begotten Son's baptism, only His voice was heard from heaven? Why, if He has a body of flesh and bones, didn't He appear at that momentous important occasion in His Son's earthly life?

This thought occurred to me a few weeks ago and I've wondered if anyone else has ever considered it. Does it make any sense that God the Father would give a personal, physical appearance to Joseph Smith.. but at His only begotten Son's baptism, only His voice was heard from heaven? Why, if He has a body of flesh and bones, didn't He appear at that momentous important occasion in His Son's earthly life?

I guess you could ask the same question of Stephen, who also saw both God the Father, and Christ the son on his right hand.

It's also interesting that he didn't appear to the Nephites either, but proclaimed the son with His voice only.

I guess you could ask the same question of Stephen, who also saw both God the Father, and Christ the son on his right hand.

It's also interesting that he didn't appear to the Nephites either, but proclaimed the son with His voice only.

Stephen saw the Glory of God the Father and Jesus Christ at His right hand. I think that simply means Jesus was in heaven, with the Father, in a place of honor and authority. (In other words I don't believe Stephen saw a physical 'right hand' there.)

Stephen saw the Glory of God the Father and Jesus Christ at His right hand. I think that simply means Jesus was in heaven, with the Father, in a place of honor and authority. (In other words I don't believe Stephen saw a physical 'right hand' there.)

I'm going to take Stephen at his word on this one.

"And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the son of man standing on the right hand of God."

It may have something to do with who was in the audience .Consider Paul's experience and the different manifestations

to the different individuals at the time.We don't have a record but it is conceivable that someone in attendance at Christ's baptism had a vision of the Father.

Never thought of that before. But the Father doesn't need to appear. Remember the reply that Jesus gave when his disciples asked him to show them the Father?

If you've seen me, you've seen the father.

As well as Paul saying Christ is in the "express image of his person". That would make a handless Father very hard to imagine. But some people do.

Archived