Jump to content
Seriously No Politics ×

Best thing I've seen on lds.org in ages.


David T

Recommended Posts

Posted

Just want to say that I have always loved Bob Millet and am extremely grateful that he's the one managing the outreach and interfaith relations program for the Church!

Posted

Link here.

Amen, and Amen.

It's on LDS.org, so that makes it official, right? :P

I believe it makes it inerrant!

Posted
It's on LDS.org, so that makes it official, right?

Of course (pending context, latest date, etc.). However, the scriptures already teach against Biblical inerrancy (1 Nephi 13) so such has been LDS doctrine from the get go.

Posted

I would agree that the prefaces/introductions not being there is unfortunate (have any of you tried the Feedback option?), but ultimately, nothing has been lost in this case.

I don't think he thinks the lack of introduction in this case is unfortunate, and neither do I. What is felt is unfortunate is that the concept is still being proliferated. I will be overjoyed to see the day when the JST is not being presented to the membership as primarily a restoration of original text, as has been demonstrably shown to be the case (by faithful scholars all over the board, including those under the employ of the Church itself).

Posted

It appears the apologists are succeeding in chipping away at church doctrine.

It continues to amaze how many people don't understand the difference between doctrine and policy or practice or application. No doctrine is changed.

Posted

Link here.

Amen, and Amen.

It's on LDS.org, so that makes it official, right? :P

As far as I have known the Church has never declared any scriptures to be inerrant.

Whom ever was telling you that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints declares any scriptures to be inerrant was misinformed. No work of man is inerrant because no man (except Christ who never recorded anything himself) is incapable of making mistakes.

Posted
I would agree that the prefaces/introductions not being there is unfortunate (have any of you tried the Feedback option?), but ultimately, nothing has been lost in this case.
I don't think he thinks the lack of introduction in this case is unfortunate, and neither do I.

I do mean exactly that.

What is felt is unfortunate is that the concept is still being proliferated. I will be overjoyed to see the day when the JST is not being presented to the membership as primarily a restoration of original text, as has been demonstrably shown to be the case (by faithful scholars all over the board, including those under the employ of the Church itself).

I have no problem with teaching an understanding of that.

Posted
Christ ... never recorded anything himself

This is an assumption. We do not know if Jesus wrote anything Himself; we know only that we do not have any such record today.

While I do not hold the belief that He did, it would not be a surprise to learn that there was a Book of Jeshua in some remote locale, penned by Jude under the voice of Jesus Christ. After all, He has ordained that we all keep a record of the proceedings of our days, and he is the most obedient of all of Father's children.

Lehi

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...