I told my Ward yesterday that I am a cultural Baptist

I once lived in a ward with a convert who had crown up in the middle east as a devout Muslim, and he still had strong ties to his upbringing. During our Sunday School lessons on the Old Testament, he never passed up a chance to energetically remind us that the Jews were "no longer the chosen people" and that they had "lost their birthright". :P

Well, isn't that wonderful - Christians accepting other Christians. Now, how about if my gay, married (they are visiting from Canada) friends, Jesse and Philip, attend your ward on fast and testimony Sunday, and, feeling the spirit so strongly (absolutely no guile and no agenda to push), get up and bear testimony (as visitors and investigators are apt to do) of the spirit they feel, and about the love they have for each other (as so many members are apt to do, when bearing testimony), and how grateful they are to have each other in their lives.

How accepting would your ward be?

H.

Hopefully as accepting as they were with Pa Pa, just because someone is living an unrighteous lifestyle doesn't mean we have any right to judge them. They have every right to bear testimony as well, I will never support same sex marriage, but I will always love and respect my fellow man and woman, regardless of how they choose to live there life.

Edited by LDS Guy 1986

I once lived in a ward with a convert who had crown up in the middle east as a devout Muslim, and he still had strong ties to his upbringing. During our Sunday School lessons on the Old Testament, he never passed up a chance to energetically remind us that the Jews were "no longer the chosen people" and that they had "lost their birthright". :P

It always takes time for people to let go of previous teachings and easy into the teachings, I know a couple at my ward that were Muslim until they converted in 1991. It took them almost a decade to accept that Israel is still God's Chosen people, and that they were Jews by adoption.

Well, isn't that wonderful - Christians accepting other Christians. Now, how about if my gay, married (they are visiting from Canada) friends, Jesse and Philip, attend your ward on fast and testimony Sunday, and, feeling the spirit so strongly (absolutely no guile and no agenda to push), get up and bear testimony (as visitors and investigators are apt to do) of the spirit they feel, and about the love they have for each other (as so many members are apt to do, when bearing testimony), and how grateful they are to have each other in their lives.

H.

Probably more accepting than most other Christian congregations...

H.

I fail to see how the two are connected.

H.

I have attended the same Ward for 27 years. I have a gay child who attends Church with us from time to time. She attends our Ward Socials and is always warmly received, as most of the members have known her for her entire life. She has never told me or her mother, brothers or sister of ever feeling unwanted, or ill treated. That being said, I am not going to let you turn this is a church bashing thread

Edited by Bill “Papa” Lee

I have attended the same Ward for 27 years. I have a gay child who attends Church with us from time to time. She attends our Ward Socials and is always warmly received, as most of the members have known her for her entire life. She has never told me or her mother, brothers or sister of ever feeling unwanted, or ill treated. That being said, I am not going to let you turn this is a church bashing thread

Um, you originally posted this in the 'General Discussion' forum, so open game, Pa Pa. But, if you are going to post to that forum and then have topics moved as soon as some debate around them occurs, I'd suggest that you limit your posting to the Social Hall, where debate is prohibited.

H.

Have a nice day...

Most of my threads are not moved here...I just chose the wrong folder.

Edited by Bill “Papa” Lee

Probably more accepting than most other Christian congregations...

Couldnt agree more.

98% of LDS I know are vocally not supportive of homosexual lifestyle.

It is a sinful way to live, blatantly so. But that doesn't mean they are unsupportive of anothers testimony!

99% of the LDS members I know handle 'judgment' better than any Catholic/Baptist/Athiest I know outside of the ward.

I recognize the actions of man as wrong, but pray for the goodness in every person to be expressed in this world temporal body!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if that makes any sense?????

:P

Couldnt agree more.

98% of LDS I know are vocally not supportive of homosexual lifestyle.

It is a sinful way to live, blatantly so. But that doesn't mean they are unsupportive of anothers testimony!

99% of the LDS members I know handle 'judgment' better than any Catholic/Baptist/Athiest I know outside of the ward.

I recognize the actions of man as wrong, but pray for the goodness in every person to be expressed in this world temporal body!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if that makes any sense?????

:P

It makes sense, but please accept a little piece of advice you might find useful on this board: don't use percentages unless you can back them up with hard data ;) It will get you into all sorts of trouble!