Seriously No Politics ×

Family Home Evening

How does Family Home Evening bless families? What exactly is Family Home Evening? Many people in this world don't follow the concept of Family time.

To learn more about how family home evening can bless your life visit this site: Family Home Evening

Family Home Evening is a time set aside for a Family to come together and spend a night together learning the word of God, enjoying an activity together, having refreshments, and praying and singing as a family. It is the backbone of the LDS household and is a great idea for non LDS as well, nothing helps keep a family strong as spending time together on a regular basis.

Many people in this world don't follow the concept of Family time.

My experience has been that non LDS people have more family tme than LDS families. Without endless meetings and church duties families are able to be together often throughout the week and 1 evening set aside for family time isn't required.

I'm sorry but a couple of hours once a week is not sufficient family time. I do, however, like the concept of structured family time with time set apart for planning the week and learning from each other.

I'm sorry but a couple of hours once a week is not sufficient family time. I do, however, like the concept of structured family time with time set apart for planning the week and learning from each other.

Stop the madness, family home evening is not the only family time in the LDS home, it is time set aside for scripture study, lessons from the scriptures, activities, and other religious things like prayer and singing.

This is not the only time that LDS families spend together, this is totally twisted and deceitful. You can't honestly make that statement, it is a false statement.

Stop the madness, family home evening is not the only family time in the LDS home, it is time set aside for scripture study, lessons from the scriptures, activities, and other religious things like prayer and singing.

This is not the only time that LDS families spend together, this is totally twisted and deceitful. You can't honestly make that statement, it is a false statement.

I didn't make the statement that this is the only time LDS families spend together. I said the FHE time isn't enough and that often it is easier for those outside the church to find time to spend together (no chaples to clean, no high council meetings or ward council, or firesides, or Bishops youth discussions or early morning seminary). Do you dispute that? I will concede that many outside the LDS church don't take advantage of the time they have to spend quality family time together.

The OP stated that many people in the world don't follow the concept of Family Time. His only reference to what constituted family time was FHE.

While I would agree that many people don't make sufficient time for their families (both inside of and outside of the LDS Faith) I don't believe that FHE alone is sufficient "Family Time"