Seriously No Politics ×

Hot sauce mom on Dr. Phil tomorrow

I went out to breakfast with my son a couple weeks ago and while we were waiting, I put a dab of hot sauce on my tongue just to amuse him. Wow, it burned bad! I can't imagine having to hold that much in my mouth and not be allowed a drink. She should try it herself and see what she's been doing to him.

When the original show aired, it showed her making her son hold the hot sauce in his mouth, then the cold showers... women in the audience were weeping. I'll watch tomorrow to see what has happened since. I wonder if she has a clue as to the emotional damage she has done to her son.

GG

Several of us expressed concern about the woman who used hot sauce and cold showers to discipline her son. I just saw a commercial that said she will be on Dr. Phil tomorrow-Friday. It looked like she had been undergoing parental counseling and will be giving an update about their progress with effective parenting. Just in case anyone wants to watch...

What is wrong with using a cold shower on your kids? BTW if I know nothing of this women. If she uses it as a typical dicsiplinary action then I think that is a problem.

Edited by Mola Ram Suda Ram

What is wrong with using a cold shower on your kids? BTW if I know nothing of this women. If she uses it as a typical dicsiplinary action then I think that is a problem.

yes, she does use it a typical disciplinary action.

hot sauce for lying and I can't remember what the cold shower was for.

she admits that she uses the hot sauce regularly, so much so that she decided to keep the hot sauce bottle in the bathroom (that is what she states).

Edited by frankenstein

It's hard to understand exactly what she was doing without watching the video which shows the punishments as they are occurring. The child is not being physically harmed but emotionally it had to of caused some damage. You're heart just breaks for the little guy-especially knowing that he was adopted from Russia and obviously seems to be having a difficult time adjusting (judging from the mother's words on the clip about how his misbehavior at school is a major issue of contention in the home).

Here's a link that should take you to a youtube video of her actions as they were shown on dr. phil.

Uuuuy ... just ... uuuy.

This Evil B ... OK, OK, this evil woman is LDS and a Primary President? There's no fricken way I'd let her within 100 yards of my child.

Uuuuy ... just ... uuuy.

Doctrine & Covenants 121:41-44:

41 No power or influence can or ought to be maintained ... only by persuasion, by long-suffering, by gentleness and meekness, and by love unfeigned;

42 By kindness, and pure knowledge, which shall greatly enlarge the soul without hypocrisy, and without guile

Edited by Kenngo1969

The child was adopted after spending the first seven (I think) years of his life in a Russian orphanage. Dr Phil sent a professional who specializes in the type of behavior problems these orphans exhibit to coach this ill equipped woman on effective parenting techniques. They spent very little time discussing their progress thus far so I assume she will report a few months down the line. She was charged by local authorities though with child abuse but after an investigation, they did not remove any of the children. I assume that's because she is working with a professional and trying very hard to get a grip.

Is hot sauce all that different from using soap to wash out the mouth of a disrespectful child.

Depending on the hot sauce, there can be physical injury. Also long periods in cold water could cause hypothermia. Both would be abusive.

My mom used Tabasco on us for verbal infractions (lying, insolence, etc.) I never considered it a big deal, I would only do it to one of my kids in the most extreme circumstances and then never enough to cause harm.

I know people do a dab of it on the tongue sometimes, but making the boy hold a mouthful of it would be painful. Like I said, I tried a dab on my tongue and that was plenty unpleasant for me. Later though, my lip was still burning. I bet it can cause sores in your mouth.

I think the cold shower is cruel. There is a reason I get out of the shower when the water turns cold. It feels horrible. The mom is using intimidation to try to control the child instead of logical consequences. And it's obviously not working.

Some words to the effect of not judging a person from a single video clip may be in order here.

oh good grief.

she states in a video clip that the hot sauce and cold showers were after everything else did not work.

she also states that she put the hot sauce in the bathroom just to make it easier to get to the hot sauce.

we can not condemn her to final place of Judgment in the afterlife, but we most certainly can judge a situation the she agrees to be presented to the public, AND that she also makes commentary on.