Seriously No Politics ×

It's Not Every Day that an Honor Like This Comes Along

Daniel Peterson

This is, really, probably not worth posting. I realize that. But I"m extravagantly pleased with it, and want to share. As Achilles says (of something quite different) in the Iliad, it's a poor thing, but it's mine:

My Malevolent Stalker, a critic of the Church and its members who posts over at another board and of whom some of you are aware, pronounced me just this morning -- having carefully examined my activities over the past thirty years or thereabouts -- to be "one of the most evil and degenerate people that the Church has ever produced."

That's quite a distinction, and I hope that some of you can appreciate why it makes me so very proud.

I have never understood why your stalker can't realize you aren't worth stalking =P. You just do what you are going to do whether he stalks your or not, so his effort seems rather futile.

He needs to chill a bit, I think. I think it might make him happier... but not sure. Maybe he's not that type of person.

I think we should all chip in and have a trophy made for you to display on your desk. :P

That's quite a distinction, and I hope that some of you can appreciate why it makes me so very proud.

I imagine the thought put in to your candidacy and selection of such an honor was significantly much more well thought out than say... even the Nobel Prize has been of late. Kuddos DCP.

Hopefully, in the event they fail to televise the award, you'll at least get a plaque or statue or something like that.

I imagine the thought put in to your candidacy and selection of such an honor was significantly much more well thought out than say... even the Nobel Prize has been of late. Kuddos DCP.

Hopefully, in the event they fail to televise the award, you'll at least get a plaque or statue or something like that.

I know there are better quotes out there, but I remember being a sophomore in HS and a senior that I really looked up to telling me, "Some people hate you, and you know you must be doing something right."

well done :P

I have never understood why your stalker can't realize you aren't worth stalking =P. You just do what you are going to do whether he stalks your or not, so his effort seems rather futile.

He needs to chill a bit, I think. I think it might make him happier... but not sure. Maybe he's not that type of person.

Attacking other faiths becomes their purpose, or reason for existence.

When you look at their posts, you find if they aren't attacking LDS, they are after Catholics or Armenians.

I've seen a quote from CS Lewis I like:. It goes something like,

when someone spends a significant part of their effort attacking and denigrating the faith of others, their own faith is in bad shape

Attacking other faiths becomes their purpose, or reason for existence.

When you look at their posts, you find if they aren't attacking LDS, they are after Catholics or Armenians.

I've seen a quote from CS Lewis I like:. It goes something like,

when someone spends a significant part of their effort attacking and denigrating the faith of others, their own faith is in bad shape

No yah... I was referring to 'his evil stalker' in specifics... that guy likes taking pot shots at Dan for everything... and it gets rather annoying. He doesn't really go after other people much in comparison to Dan.

I definitely agree with the CS Lewis quote... it is one thing that makes me so sad about critics... is that they can't get over that obsession... for some of them, it seems to be that way, an obsession =/.

I'd feel they'd be alot happier people if they let it go.

My Malevolent Stalker, a critic of the Church and its members who posts over at another board and of whom some of you are aware, pronounced me just this morning -- having carefully examined my activities over the past thirty years or thereabouts -- to be "one of the most evil and degenerate people that the Church has ever produced."

And here is the quote in context:

"Who said that? I've said before many times that I'm quite sure that Dr. Peterson is perfectly nice to his friends---that he's likely a good father, teacher, etc. I've concentrated strictly on his behavior as a Mopologist, though, and in that regard he is one of the most evil and degenerate people that the Church has ever produced."

"Who said that? I've said before many times that I'm quite sure that Dr. Peterson is perfectly nice to his friends---that he's likely a good father, teacher, etc. I've concentrated strictly on his behavior as a Mopologist, though, and in that regard he is one of the most evil and degenerate people that the Church has ever produced."

And that slight nuance, I presume, makes the label entirely reasonable from your perspective.

(Incidentally, the Stalker thinks that my "Mopologetic" work represents far and away most of what I do, and he doesn't limit it just to my publications. In his -- admittedly perhaps not entirely sincere -- retelling, I've insulted Jews, purposefully destroyed lives, spied on dissenters, deliberately wrecked careers, played the voyeur as a bishop, conducted a multi-year campaign of slander and vilification against Mike Quinn and others, threatened to murder the poor Stalker hisself, callously ruined father-son relationships, outed myself as a racist, continually lied, bashed homosexuals, and so on and so forth. The little compliments above are essentially bogus, designed to render his claims about me at least a smidgin less totalizing and thus less wackily implausible, and, perhaps more importantly, to account for the fact that people who actually know me don't appear to see realize the vicious and unscrupulous swine that I supposedly am and that he has devoted so much time and effort over the past five years [half a decade!!!] to depict.)

Which is why yours was the very next response to his "degenerate people" post?

No, silly. That's not why.

Anyhow, I think you're trying to challenge me. Look at his posts today. To how many of them have I responded? Look at his posts over there from the past year. To what percentage of them did I reply? How much have I interacted with him over the past month? Over the past twelve months?

Facts, MM. Facts. I am, as I pointed out, not responding to him, and I suspect that he's growing more and more shrill out of sheer frustration.

What's your problem?

This is just a little joke thread. Nothing important. My Stalker's remarks about me are plainly laughable. Don't feel the need to make this all solemn and serious merely because of your antipathy toward me.

Facts, MM. Facts.

I climb the rocky wall of facts every day. And when my hands become too bloody to continue, I use my teeth.

What's your problem?

I've come to rely on you to supply me with that information.

Don't feel the need to make this all solemn and serious merely because of your antipathy toward me.

For the record, I bear no antipathy toward you whatsoever. You actually remind me of my brother (with whom you've interacted in the past but probably wouldn't remember).

FWIW, I think you serve an important function, which has been largely misunderstood by a great many people. You're much like the Grinch, who's also been unfairly maligned for getting little Cindy-Lou a drink and carefully shepherding her back to her safe warm bed.

This is, really, probably not worth posting. I realize that. But I"m extravagantly pleased with it, and want to share. As Achilles says (of something quite different) in the Iliad, it's a poor thing, but it's mine:

Congrats...from him quite an honor.

Is that supposed to make things better?

Yes, and?

The "context" changes the degree of spite -- how, exactly?

Regards,

Pahoran

The "context" changes the degree of spite -- how, exactly?

Regards,

Pahoran

The spite still comes through loud and clear. However, the context clarifies that Scratch is not making a patently irrational claim that would place Dan on par with such truly evil mormon notables as Arthur Gary Bishop, John D. Lee, Ronnie Lee Gardner, Cecil Jacobson, Mark Hoffman, etc.

The full context is relevant, as Dan is obviously using the quote to advance an argument Scratch is "unhinged."

Personally, I would say that Aurthur Gary Bishop was the most vile degenerate mormon that ever lived. Anyone one here know him?

The spite still comes through loud and clear. However, the context clarifies that Scratch is not making a patently irrational claim that would place Dan on par or beneath such truly evil notables such as Arthur Gary Bishop, John D. Lee, Ronnie Lee Gardner, Cecil Jacobson, Mark Hoffman, etc.

Personally, I would say that Aurthor Gary Bishop was the most vile degenerate mormon that ever lived. Anyone one here know him?

Oh please. No one here made such a comparison.

????? Of course you wouldn't. Only a fool would make such a comparison.

Follow me here Jaybear - DCP (laughingly) pointed out the latest Scratch insult launched his way. NO ONE was taking it literally. Why you felt the need to defend the inclusion of "context" in this thread is the real mystery here.

Archived