Seriously No Politics ×

Vex

I would enjoy the rep system if I could view the posts that individuals liked.

The reason I state this is because I have written some fairly lengthy posts with references, and discussions and what not and I would like to see which posts were esteemed by those here and which were not so I can further refine my posting style.

I wondered about the Rep system and how you could tell which posts were being repped. Guess there is no way, except to go looking for them?

Looks like Calmoriah more than made his 100 points. :P

MercynGrace, I looked at your profile, because you said you collect quotes. I loved your Ghandi quote (and borrowed it for another board). Hope you don't mind. ;)

I'm thinking if you do a search on your own name as author for posts limited to the last day or two (or however long it was since you last checked), that would be the best way to keep up on what posts drew points.

I too wish there was some way to see which posts got "repped". It bugs the heck out of me to notice my point total increase and having to wonder "What did I say...?" :P

It's also weird to post something and think I'm hitting a home run and...nothing. And other times I'll just say something offhand and people really like it. Tough crowd sometimes. ;)

Even weirder is that there is no way to filter or sort by rep points in the members list. Who knows how the rankings are?

And then there are the mysterious "Stars". Somehow, members can have 1-4 "Stars". And there are only two members with 4 "Stars":

Doctor Stuess

Emeliza

That's it.

And there is only one member with 3 "Stars":

Maklelan

An no one else has 2 or 1 "Stars".

Someone explain what that's all about!

Edited by cinepro

I too wish there was some way to see which posts got "repped". It bugs the heck out of me to notice my point total increase and having to wonder "What did I say...?" :P

It's also weird to post something and think I'm hitting a home run and...nothing. And other times I'll just say something offhand and people really like it. Tough crowd sometimes. ;)

Yeah, I know what you mean. I think most of my rep points have been for things that I never would have thought anyone would have repped.

As for the "stars", the only place I see those are on threads (for rating the thread). I don't recall seeing them on individual posters...

Edited by Libs

My rep is zero. And deserved.

I don't know how to rep others who have helped me, and that bothers me. I haven't been able to see that for some reason.

Everytime I see their reputation, it is 0 on their posts on the board.

Is this a place where we have to pay to see things? Sorry, just asking.

Blessings,

Blossom

My rep is zero. And deserved.

I don't know how to rep others who have helped me, and that bothers me. I haven't been able to see that for some reason.

Everytime I see their reputation, it is 0 on their posts on the board.

Is this a place where we have to pay to see things? Sorry, just asking.

Blessings,

Blossom

Hi Blossom. Your rep is "9". You just have to click on your avatar or go to your profile and you will see it on the left hand side, near the top. You don't have to pay to see it. This board is completely free, as far as I know.

Edited by Libs