Seriously No Politics ×

Why should one become a Mormon?

elguanteloko

So, why should one become a Mormon?

The only reason is because the Spirit has given one a witness of the truth.

Bernard

One should not become a mormon, at least not in this life. The to-do list of mormonism is very large and cumbersome. It requires a lot of money, effort, time and is very Pharisaical in its rules. If what so many on this board claim will happen, the best time to join mormonism (if it is the real true church) is in the afterlife.

It should also be pointed out that in mormonism the more knowledge and responsibility you have, the greater risk you have for condemnation.

To commit sin is to willfully disobey God

One should not become a mormon, at least not in this life. The to-do list of mormonism is very large and cumbersome. It requires a lot of money, effort, time and is very Pharisaical in its rules. If what so many on this board claim will happen, the best time to join mormonism (if it is the real true church) is in the afterlife.

It should also be pointed out that in mormonism the more knowledge and responsibility you have, the greater risk you have for condemnation.

So, why should one become a Mormon? What is that Mormonism offers, really?

If it brings you closer to Christ, then you better become a Mormon. If it doesn't bring you closer to Christ, then it's not for you. I'm in the latter category where I never found a need for JS or the BoM but still have the drive to be Christ-like in my endeavors.

Input appreciated!

Why? well you are allready aware of the eternal reasons; but also there are many.many.many temporal blessings that come from living this gospel, and let me tell you the holy preisthood is something that canott be matched anywhere,any place or any time by any mortal mans conceivance.....beleive and comprehend or not.. none the less it is very true... the blessings we receive when staying clean, worthy, are absolutely wonderfull.:P

True knowledge is empowering and freeing. True knowledge comes from God, the only ultimate source of truth. God shares that knowledge through the Holy Ghost. Only members of the LDS Church have the gift of the Holy Ghost, thus have the greatest access to true knowledge. Human potential is enormous, and can best be achieved when in possession of true knowledge.

The purpose of this life is to test us to see if we will be obedient to God. He has given light to every man that is in this world. We all have choices. We either chose light and life or darkness and death. Jesus Christ is the light and the life of the world. If we follow the light and the truth that he gives to each of us he will lead us to further light and truth. If we are true and faithful to the light and knowledge that he gives to us we will be led to his true church. His true Church is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Part of being obedient is to follow the example of Jesus Christ who was baptized. After we join his true church and are obedient to it's laws and ordinances we will receive further light and knowledge and eventually be perfected by the grace of Jesus Christ. Straight is the way and narrow is the path that leadeth to Eternal Life and few there be that find it. Within the The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the straight and narrow path. Other religions have some truth but the fullness of the gospel is only found within his true church. The only way to truely come unto Christ is though his restored religion. (John 7:17) If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself. If we do the things God wants us to do, we will know that the LDS church is true. If we prove true and faithful, in other words obedient to his word, which includes following the light of Christ, we will become joint heirs with Jesus Christ. In other words we will eventually be exalted. That is why we should become a "Mormon".

Input appreciated!

My observation is alot of self righteousnes and works of all you can do , and must do!

Do's and Don't!

But that is not a gospel that is a bunch of doctrines and legalism at most!

have you ever though of becoming a muslim or Jehovah witness , just for GP??

one love

My observation is alot of self righteousnes and works of all you can do , and must do!

Do's and Don't!

But that is not a gospel that is a bunch of doctrines and legalism at most!

have you ever though of becoming a muslim or Jehovah witness , just for GP??

one love

Tell me EV... Is ignorance truly bliss?

Input appreciated!

One should become Mormon because it is God's will that all His children form "the general assembly and church of the firstborn." The Firstborn is the way, the truth, and the life. Mormonism, correctly understood and applied, is the general assembly and church of the firstborn, and this is what Mormonism really offers.

If you think it is true you should join up. Contrary to popular notion however it will not automatically bring you happiness. It may but there is no guarantee. It is a lot of hard work and for some it has a real ability to layer on guilt. But like i said if it is true then your salvation could be on the line. If it is not true then there are more dynamic places for you to spend your time with much less associated guilt.

The cool T-shirts.

Naw, that's only if you work at the Bishop's Storehouse. Also I'm dead serious. I really do have a Bishop's Storehouse shirt.

To procrastinate the day of our repentance and not to come unto Christ's true Church while in this life IS to willfully disobey God's Commandments. We will be accountable for the light and knowledge given to us in this life. If we reject that light and knowledge by saying, I will wait to join in the next life, while not taking advantage if the opportunity is presented to us in this life, we are foolish and will put our eternal lives is jeopardy. Once we are made aware that the true church does exist, we must make the effort to find out for ourselves if it is indeed the true church and if it is to follow. If we do not, we will be held accountable.

If you don't know it is God's commandments, how can you break it? And how many people live and die without an awareness that a true church does exist? You are condemning a boatload of people for not knowing something.

The only reason is because the Spirit has given one a witness of the truth.

Bernard

What did that Spirit tell you, exactly? Did it give you epistemic assurance of a specific state of affairs (i.e. that the Church was God's Church)? How do you from knowing that God's Church is really His only Church (let's assume it is) to saying that, thus, you SHOULD become a mormon or follow that God?

If it brings you closer to Christ, then you better become a Mormon. If it doesn't bring you closer to Christ, then it's not for you. I'm in the latter category where I never found a need for JS or the BoM but still have the drive to be Christ-like in my endeavors.

Are you sure you want to be Christ-like?

Why? well you are allready aware of the eternal reasons;

which ones are you talking about?

but also there are many.many.many temporal blessings that come from living this gospel, and let me tell you the holy preisthood is something that canott be matched anywhere,any place or any time by any mortal mans conceivance.....beleive and comprehend or not.. none the less it is very true... the blessings we receive when staying clean, worthy, are absolutely wonderfull.smile.gif

what blessings are you talking about?

True knowledge is empowering and freeing.

???

True knowledge comes from God, the only ultimate source of truth.

I wonder how you get to know this other than "God told me his teachings are the ultimate source of truth".

God shares that knowledge through the Holy Ghost. Only members of the LDS Church have the gift of the Holy Ghost, thus have the greatest access to true knowledge. Human potential is enormous, and can best be achieved when in possession of true knowledge.

What potential(s) can be so maximized in the Church that can't be maximized outside of it?

Archived