Seriously No Politics ×

Mormonism, Terrorism, and Neo-Nazism

SeattleGhostWriter

I just happened across a website called MormonZiegest and read this, laughing because it just simply is inconcieveable to what some lengths people will go to to discredit the Church.

Anyone heard of this website, read their accounts? They are really stretching things to where I am not sure how to begin, or even understand.

The Mormon religion

Today, the Mormon religion shows neither the courage nor the willingness to own-up to the real history of the Mormon religion, and chooses instead to quash any effort that might otherwise bring closure to its sordid past. Ironically, in today

All things considered- and having looked over his "evidence" and conclusions, I'd suggest that this individual get his medications adjusted.

The hatred, venom, and near-clinical-definition paranoia he spews marks him as someone who might- with a little push- might well be a danger to himself or others.

Fortunately for Mr. Slaughter, bigotry, stupidity, and venal self-promotion are not yet punishable offenses in this country.

Perhaps he is a former used car salesman.

He found the "right" Jesus and now he is selling religion, of a sort.

I'm not sure that's true, V.

Reviewing his site (and thus in desperate need of a cheese grater, a couple of bottles of Lysol, and some pipe cleaners), I don't see that he's pushing ANYTHING positive- not even the "right" Jesus.

Seems the only thing he's pushing is a compilation of distorted, or outright false data and pseudo-political paranoia.

While his intention and tactics are the same as our "Concerned about Sectarian Christian boundaries" and "Institute For Religious Revision" friends- they at least have the virtue of sporadic contact with the facts and "Christian/mainstream/evangelical" interpretation.

Slaughter doesn't appear to have even that.

Best not to equate the two, even in jest.

You have to admit, it's well written. A well-written piece of fiction that would probably make a good movie...

I have to do nothing of the kind. :P;)

I counted at least a half-dozen factual errors, not to mention several errors of grammar, spelling, and capitalization.

Also, given that his stock response to any counter-information (or any information he perceives to contradict him) is answered with something along the lines of "You must be a paid liar for FAIR" or "You must be a deluded Mormon dupe", his rants begin to border on self-parody.

I wonder what name he used to post under while he was here.

That would tell us a lot, me thinks.

What about it mods?

I know you can use your Illuminati-granted powers to trace his IP address.....

...so which banned poster used the same IP/ISP as this disturbed individual?

All things considered- and having looked over his "evidence" and conclusions, I'd suggest that this individual get his medications adjusted.

The hatred, venom, and near-clinical-definition paranoia he spews marks him as someone who might- with a little push- might well be a danger to himself or others.

Fortunately for Mr. Slaughter, bigotry, stupidity, and venal self-promotion are not yet punishable offenses in this country.

Your post is well thought-through and well articulated (thank you). Note, however, that there is a positive aspect to being the subject of an attack. Someone once said that the worst psychological treatment a person/organization can receive is to be utterly ignored. Such treatment sends the message that the person/organization isn't important enough to merit an attack or any form of criticism. So, in a sense, when those who hate us spew their vitriol, they are acknowledging that they perceive us as a threat. . .as a force to be reckoned with.

Here's what I managed to find out about his "Identity Christians."

Christian Identity movement

At least, I think it's the same group that fellow is talking about. It's hard to tell, with his wandering, hysterical stream-of-consciousness writing, just exactly what he is talking about at any time.

Actually this fellow reminds me of "Lord" Douglas Wallace more than anyone else I've read.

Regards,

Pahoran

Your post is well thought-through and well articulated (thank you). Note, however, that there is a positive aspect to being the subject of an attack. Someone once said that the worst psychological treatment a person/organization can receive is to be utterly ignored. Such treatment sends the message that the person/organization isn't important enough to merit an attack or any form of criticism. So, in a sense, when those who hate us spew their vitriol, they are acknowledging that they perceive us as a threat. . .as a force to be reckoned with.

This is true (especially the "well-thought-out" part ;):crazy: ).

Of course, I did some digging online for our erstwhile friend.

Definitely a smallish fish in a smallish (and remarkably rank) pond.

I'm willing to bet the research we've been doing here has doubled the number of hits he's received in the last month.

So what are your stakes?

I'm willing to wager one scrumptious, home-made lemon-meringue pie. :P

What I laughed about was the author's attempt to prove factually that FAIR is secretly organized by the General Authorities and base much of their arguments on Red Herrings so that the Mormon Citizenry will be none the wiser of their secret conspiracy to overthrow American Government and create their own Theocratic government.

The thing that gets me is that is FAQ section on the website says that he gets his sources from authorized areas, but there is no credit, bibliography, link, et all that will provide exactly where he is getting his sources from. The other is that in the FAQ, he discusses an "obscure book" that opened his eyes, a book he found while researching a paper for U of A that opened his eyes to the reality the true history of Mormonism. Yet, there is no book, title, author, et all.

I just happened across a website called MormonZiegest and read this, laughing because it just simply is inconcieveable to what some lengths people will go to to discredit the Church.

Anyone heard of this website, read their accounts? They are really stretching things to where I am not sure how to begin, or even understand.

I wonder if these are the same nut ball people that did the zeitgeist.com website.

I got as far as "zeitgeist" before I determined it wasn't going to be anything with substance.

Archived