Seriously No Politics ×

God as a man

Balzer

Using the contexts, is the best way, then in the mouth of two or three witness and third using yourborn again spirit to bear record of the truth!

one love

So you use two references to place God with feathers and wings. Yet have only one reference for God is a spirit. Care again to elaborate your position on how you reconcile the scriptures you have quoted with the ones I have referenced; or are you in the habit of posting nonsensical positions?

So you use two references to place God with feathers and wings. Yet have only one reference for God is a spirit. Care again to elaborate your position on how you reconcile the scriptures you have quoted with the ones I have referenced; or are you in the habit of posting nonsensical positions?

I gave two scripture about God being only a Spirit , and He is also Love!

one love

Yes. But I also believe He was God during his mortal existence.

Respectfully,

Balzer

But he did get angry with the money changers. And I am sure that he wasn't emotionless when he lived on earth and our emotions can be less than perfect at times. We know very little of christ's life. Was he a normal boy? Was he a normal teenager? We do not know much at all. But what we do know is the short time that he was ministering among the people. But hardly anything else before that.

And as had been said, here, maybe he was a perfected man when he was a man.

The Spirit was reincarmated or manifested into the body of Jesus!

1Tm:3:16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

The word "reincarnation" derives from Latin, literally meaning, "entering the flesh again". The Greek equivalent metempsychosis (????????????) roughly corresponds to the common English phrase "transmigration of the soul" and also usually connotes reincarnation after death,[5] as either human, animal, though emphasising the continuity of the soul, not the flesh. The term has been used by modern philosophers such as Kurt G

If god is/was a man, is now in a body of flesh and bone, and even his spirit consists of substance/more-fine-spirit-matter, what is left for god to do? Where is his power and might? It seems to me this teaching has turned him into mere machine. Exactly that which the spiritualist fights against....A materialist, causation up, matter creates mind. According to this thinking, everything that god does is through cause and effect, and if this is the case, the only thing that makes him god/special....above all, is he is privy to certain information. He has been handed keys of authority from another. What is to stop a civilization from advancing to this same status of all knowledge.....on it's own?

Whereas if it is a system of *causation down* Mind creates matter, all that is is his creation.....from his own mind. *Zero* cause and effect. Just pure will. He has all control.

And when I say He, I mean we.... as I believe that all that is.... is God.

tana39:

To bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of us his children.

But I don't think that that really answers my question; If everything about god is mechanical, physical, chemical.....cause and effect, what makes him unique, mysterious, powerful? Everything about him could feasibly be understood simply by examination. He only holds power of knowledge, he doesn't own it. His position of authority and leadership could hypothetically be usurped.

But I don't think that that really answers my question; If everything about god is mechanical, physical, chemical.....cause and effect, what makes him unique, mysterious, powerful?

Do you have the power to help your children become gods? None of us do and we can't do it without him.

If god is/was a man, is now in a body of flesh and bone, and even his spirit consists of substance/more-fine-spirit-matter, what is left for god to do? Where is his power and might? It seems to me this teaching has turned him into mere machine. Exactly that which the spiritualist fights against....A materialist, causation up, matter creates mind. According to this thinking, everything that god does is through cause and effect, and if this is the case, the only thing that makes him god/special....above all, is he is privy to certain information. He has been handed keys of authority from another. What is to stop a civilization from advancing to this same status of all knowledge.....on it's own?

Whereas if it is a system of *causation down* Mind creates matter, all that is is his creation.....from his own mind. *Zero* cause and effect. Just pure will. He has all control.

And when I say He, I mean we.... as I believe that all that is.... is God.

Have you looked at the universe and beyond lately?

But I don't think that that really answers my question; If everything about god is mechanical, physical, chemical.....cause and effect, what makes him unique, mysterious, powerful? Everything about him could feasibly be understood simply by examination. He only holds power of knowledge, he doesn't own it. His position of authority and leadership could hypothetically be usurped.

Satan/Lucifer tried that.

Have you looked at the universe and beyond lately?

I believe your point then is; matter is made up of....stuff, mass, substance? I won't debate this with you as I am not qualified. I will say tho that some say matter is illusion. David Bohm for instance hypothesized that the universe is holographic in nature.

My point in this thread is that to give the universe and everything about it, including God, mass and substance, you throw yourselves in with the materialist. It makes god a by-product of cause and effect.

My perception of LDS theology is: At a certain point in eternity, an awareness is assembled? out of a stockpile? of eternal components. At this point in eternity he finds himself/becomes cognizant of full awareness, but zero intelligence, experience, memories. He goes thru courses of incarnation to arrive at a point in eternity of all knowledge.

To examine this from a purely material perspective. At his *zero* knowledge point, the first cause was affected....and it has been a chain reaction from thence. He has never had an *original* thought. To have an original thought would require....no cause for that thought. Which would seemingly put him outside of cause-effect/materialism

I'm going to stop there and see if anyone else wants to play.

I believe your point then is; matter is made up of....stuff, mass, substance? I won't debate this with you as I am not qualified. I will say tho that some say matter is illusion. David Bohm for instance hypothesized that the universe is holographic in nature.

My point in this thread is that to give the universe and everything about it, including God, mass and substance, you throw yourselves in with the materialist. It makes god a by-product of cause and effect.

My perception of LDS theology is: At a certain point in eternity, an awareness is assembled? out of a stockpile? of eternal components. At this point in eternity he finds himself/becomes cognizant of full awareness, but zero intelligence, experience, memories. He goes thru courses of incarnation to arrive at a point in eternity of all knowledge.

To examine this from a purely material perspective. At his *zero* knowledge point, the first cause was affected....and it has been a chain reaction from thence. He has never had an *original* thought. To have an original thought would require....no cause for that thought. Which would seemingly put him outside of cause-effect/materialism

I'm going to stop there and see if anyone else wants to play.

Your question is what does/will God do. My point is that universe and beyond is extremely chaotic. God brings order and purpose to all that chaos. From my understanding that is a never ending job.

Your question is what does/will God do. My point is that universe and beyond is extremely chaotic. God brings order and purpose to all that chaos. From my understanding that is a never ending job.

The differences in our philosophies though are IMO, you/Abrahamic religion, has God as separate from this chaos....an observer. I have us all as a part of this system.

"Physical objects are not in space, but these objects are spatially extended (as fields). In this way the concept 'empty space' loses its meaning. ... The field thus becomes an irreducible element of physical description, irreducible in the same sense as the concept of matter (particles) in the theory of Newton. ... The physical reality of space is represented by a field whose components are continuous functions of four independent variables - the co-ordinates of space and time. Since the theory of general relativity implies the representation of physical reality by a continuous field, the concept of particles or material points cannot play a fundamental part, nor can the concept of motion. The particle can only appear as a limited region in space in which the field strength or the energy density are particularly high". (Albert Einstein, Metaphysics of Relativity, 1950)

If the material world of *things* is ONE continuous field, why wouldn't all aspects of existence be a part of the all? How can there be *voids* of absolutely nothingness between persons, dimensions...or even awareness's?

I see only one. More to the point you have not reconciled the scriptures as you seem to be under the delusion you have.

Those scriptures are very clear and so clear to understand a blind person could read them and get true revelation!

IWhen a spirit has no flesh and bone from the beginning how can you say a spirit has flesh and bone from the beginning it is contradicting the bible.

Plus Go is SPIRIT and that is why He can be everywhere at the same time.

I did hear of spirit going to different places but one place as a time or maybe two places, but not everywhere at the same time even to be in all the universes at the same time like God almighty!

one love

Those scriptures are very clear and so clear to understand a blind person could read them and get true revelation!

Plus God is SPIRIT and that is why He can be everywhere at the same time.

one love

A blind person might misread the scriptures like you just did. The scripture doesn't say that God is Spirit, it says that God is a Spirit. Spirit and Body are not mutually exclusive, otherwise we wouldn't have a Spirit, given we have a body.

Also please CFR for "He can be everywhere at the same time".

A blind person might misread the scriptures like you just did. The scripture doesn't say that God is Spirit, it says that God is a Spirit. Spirit and Body are not mutually exclusive, otherwise we wouldn't have a Spirit, given we have a body.

Also please CFR for "He can be everywhere at the same time".

Can He be everywhere at the same time in His body and bones and flesh according to Mormons truth teaching???

one love

I think that word does not mean what you think it means. Let us investigate this claim you appear to be making. As the scripture goes;
God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

So there is your verse; God is a Spirit. In English the use of 'a' in this sentence is termed an indefinite article, thus one may look up the definition as follows:

a1 ? ?

[uh; when stressed ey] Show IPA

Archived