Seriously No Politics ×

God as a man

Balzer

Your (The EV's) favorite proof text in the bible from Numbers 23:19.

19God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent:

It tells us that God is not a man that should lie. He is still a man he just does not lie.

Check and mate.

Notice how Jesus is called the "son of man".

Mola Mola Mola. You know I love you right?

Respectfully,

Balzer

Mola Mola Mola. You know I love you right?

Respectfully,

Balzer

Yes, but don't manipulate me. Lol

Hey, at least we understand each other. And I call that a great achievement.

Not in my eyes. You have a distorted view of how Mormons understand God.

How so? It has to me the appearance of a family tree. We are only our parents children, that is, under their thumb temporarily, and then we move on. Actually right now I'm raising my parents. Anyway, in the end time is meaningless, and we are all peers.

I was unaware that Jesus came "to the earth as a perfect" man...

Luke 12

And he said unto them, Go ye, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures to day and to morrow, and the third day I shall be perfected.

What kind of Man is God?

Ex 15

3The Lord is a man of war: the Lord is his name.

Is it bad that the image that conjured in my mind is this:

portuguese-man-o-war.jpg

I'm glad I worship a God who can be understood as a loving Father and who is accessible because he does have flesh and bone. Christ said that he does nothing save what he has seen his Father do. It appears he understood God, his Father, pretty well.

Does a spirit have flesh and bones?

one love

Yes I think it is an odd idea, but I don't think that only Mormons believe this. I have looked at the Catholic belief in theosis a little, and I agree it seems very similar. Don't agree with the Catholics either. :P

Respectfully,

Balzer

Then why are you "christian"....

The Catholics didn't "create" this idea out of thin air like they did some other things in history such as things that made Luther upset.

Have you forgotten that they WERE in fact part of the original Church Christ established?

When are you going to understand that you think like 1400 Protestants who created their own man-made religions mixing the doctrines of God with the doctrines of men, not the actual "traditional" Christianity?

The Catholics didn't "create" this idea out of thin air like they did some other things in history such as things that made Luther upset.

Have you forgotten that they WERE in fact part of the original Church Christ established?

When are you going to understand that you think like 1400 Protestants who created their own man-made religions mixing the doctrines of God with the doctrines of men, not the actual "traditional" Christianity?

I hold similar views of the LDS church. When are you going to understand that the LDS church is indeed one of the groups that mix the doctrines of men with the doctrines of God? For that matter, when are you going to understand that there isn't a church on the face of the earth that doesn't do that to some degree? Interestingly, I recently discovered that one of the reasons the Jews don't believe that Jesus was the Messiah was because of mistranslations of the Hebrew Bible. Sound familiar? And, FYI, I really don't subscribe to any particular "religion" even though I am a believer. I attend a non-denominational Bible teaching church and do try to wade my way through the man-made stuff vs. the stuff of the Bible. Ain't easy sometimes.

Respectfully,

Balzer

I hold similar views of the LDS church. When are you going to understand that the LDS church is indeed one of the groups that mix the doctrines of men with the doctrines of God? For that matter, when are you going to understand that there isn't a church on the face of the earth that doesn't do that to some degree? Interestingly, I recently discovered that one of the reasons the Jews don't believe that Jesus was the Messiah was because of mistranslations of the Hebrew Bible. Sound familiar? And, FYI, I really don't subscribe to any particular "religion" even though I am a believer. I attend a non-denominational Bible teaching church and do try to wade my way through the man-made stuff vs. the stuff of the Bible. Ain't easy sometimes.

Respectfully,

Balzer

The thing about God once being a man who earned exaltation that bugs me is the fact that, if so, God as a man had to start out less than perfect. In other words, if He had to earn exaltation that fact requires that He was once something less than what he was after earning exaltation. I just can't bring myself to imagine, let alone worship, a creator that wasn't always a perfect being. Can anyone help me understand where I'm getting this wrong?

Respectfully,

Balzer

Doctrine and Covenants 6:23

"Did I not speak peace to your mind concerning the matter? What greater witness can you have than from God?"

There is only one Person who can help ya with this and He doesn't post on this board :P

You just quoted yourself into a corner: For God has a right hand.

Col 3:1

Mark 16:19

Psalms 48:10

Luke 22:69

Acts 5:31

etc

etc

etc

etc

etc

Psalms:91:1: He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

Psalms:91:2: I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

Psalms:91:3: Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.

Psalms:91:4: He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

So is God also a bird and has a bird body ??

one love

Yes accourding to the EV's favorite prooftext of numbers 23:19.

See my responce to Balzer.

BTW nothing in Luke 24:39 does not say that a God does not have a body. For according to you Jesus is God and Jesus has a body. What do to with that cunumdrum.

The Spirit was reincarmated or manifested into the body of Jesus!

1Tm:3:16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

The word "reincarnation" derives from Latin, literally meaning, "entering the flesh again". The Greek equivalent metempsychosis (????????????) roughly corresponds to the common English phrase "transmigration of the soul" and also usually connotes reincarnation after death,[5] as either human, animal, though emphasising the continuity of the soul, not the flesh. The term has been used by modern philosophers such as Kurt G

Psalms:91:1: He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

Psalms:91:2: I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

Psalms:91:3: Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.

Psalms:91:4: He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

So is God also a bird and has a bird body ??

one love

Notice I didn't specifically reference Psalms, which point in fact lend themselves to imagery. Though if you take one verse at face value how do you reconcile one scripture with another?

Notice I didn't specifically reference Psalms, which point in fact lend themselves to imagery. Though if you take one verse at face value how do you reconcile one scripture with another?

Us a concordance it might help you!

Deu 32:11 As an eagle5404 stirreth up5782 her nest,7064 fluttereth7363 over5921 her young,1469 spreadeth abroad6566 her wings,3671 taketh3947 them, beareth5375 them on5921 her wings:84

one love

Us a concordance it might help you!

Deu 32:11 As an eagle5404 stirreth up5782 her nest,7064 fluttereth7363 over5921 her young,1469 spreadeth abroad6566 her wings,3671 taketh3947 them, beareth5375 them on5921 her wings:84

one love

Help me what? You didn't answer my question. Will you answer it?

Help me what? You didn't answer my question. Will you answer it?

Using the contexts, is the best way, then in the mouth of two or three witness and third using yourborn again spirit to bear record of the truth!

one love

Archived