Kirtland Egyptian Papers Interview with Chris Smith

e=mc2

I have the videos posted with Chris Smith's impression of Will's presentation at FAIR the other day. I also have other videos of he along with Wade Englund, Mike Ash, David Bokovoy, Brain Hauglid, Don Bradley, and another gent (Narrator on the Shades board?) discussing the ramifications. Many new interesting videos and some responses. See Here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBackyardProfessor?feature=mhw4#p/u/2/tQgXovqUucQ

I also have interviews with David Bokovoy on his Ph.d Dissertation, Daniel McClellan on HIS Masters and Ph.d work and schooling on the Council of the Gods, and Royal Skousen on textual criticism and the Book of Mormon. Sensational stuff if I do say so myself. Truly, come and see and learn and enjoy. Skousen is a wonder!

I have the videos posted with Chris Smith's impression of Will's presentation at FAIR the other day. I also have other videos of he along with Wade Englund, Mike Ash, David Bokovoy, Brain Hauglid, Don Bradley, and another gent (Narrator on the Shades board?) discussing the ramifications. Many new interesting videos and some responses. See Here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBackyardProfessor?feature=mhw4#p/u/2/tQgXovqUucQ

I also have interviews with David Bokovoy on his Ph.d Dissertation, Daniel McClellan on HIS Masters and Ph.d work and schooling on the Council of the Gods, and Royal Skousen on textual criticism and the Book of Mormon. Sensational stuff if I do say so myself. Truly, come and see and learn and enjoy. Skousen is a wonder!

I liked seeing your interview with Chris. It personalized him for me. I had built up a lot of resentment and ill will toward Chris because of his taunting avatar: that arrogant, petulant monkey staring condescending down at me from beneath his mortarboard cap, thinking he is better than me!!!! Ahem ,anyway...

When I actually saw Chris, the person, on your video all those ill feelings vanished in an instant and I just felt that I wanted to give him a big...a big hug! :P

I liked seeing your interview with Chris. It personalized him for me. I had built up a lot of resentment and ill will toward Chris because of his taunting avatar: that arrogant, petulant monkey staring condescending down at me from beneath his mortarboard cap, thinking he is better than me!!!! Ahem ,anyway...

When I actually saw Chris, the person, on your video all those ill feelings vanished in an instant and I just felt that I wanted to give him a big...a big hug! :P

The pure ***POWER*** and wonder of making videos yes? Wait til I start showing the Kirtland Egyptian Papers arguments, and we can all SEE what is happening. Video is vastly superior, in some ways, to paper printing.

Thanks for posting these interviews, Kerry. Nice to hear some friendly informal exchanges.

Every conference is this way. It really is enjoyable to have friendly and willing discussions rather than vitriol as we sometimes get on message boards. Being in person is a much preferred experience...... I now wish I could have got more of the conversations, darn it!

Of course, Chris is mostly wrong as usual, but seeing him I'm less like to hate him so much, though he generally has been a nice anti, so, not that I really ever hated him usually compared to others. :P

I know when I met Richard Abanes I was much less likely wanting to put my hands around his neck.

Dang, that Bokovoy guy is a soft spoken, Christian acting man that appears pretty darn knowledgeable. Some lucky HS students are in for a treat. Enjoyed the interview.

Isn't he awesome? I have to cow-tow to him right now, he has promised me a barbeque (RIBS BABY!!!!), so I gotta be nice. :P

He is, seriously, one of my very most favorite scholars, if not the most favorite, next to all the other favorites I love to learn from as well......

Thanks so much, Kerry!

It is very nice being able to put some previously unknown (to me) faces to names, learning things from the videos, and seeing you guys interact and converse with one another. It is certainly a treat for those of us who live hours and hours away and were unable to make the conference. :P

I have also enjoyed the interviews--that is, except for the guy with the seemingly eternal smile on his face (cheesey grin) and tired voice, who went way over-board gesticulating with every word. It was as though he was using his hands to help his brain formulate and express his thoughts. Frankly, it creeped me out (oh wait...that was me).

Some of you may have noticed during the group discussion that, in addition to the genteel Mike Ash, there was another fellow that was periodically at my right. He is the much beloved Loren (Droopy). We talked earlier, and I found him to be a bright and fascinating guy.

There is much truth to what others have said. You get a different sense for what people are really like when you meet them in person and get to talk with them face to face. People may not realize from my online comments that I am smiling as much when I type my board messages as I do when speaking in person, and that much of what I have to say is intended to have a somewhat humorous bent to it. Without knowing that, you may think I am almost as mean and nasty as some people misbelieve Dr. Peterson to be. :P

Thanks, -Wade Englund-

Thanks so much, Kerry!

It is very nice being able to put some previously unknown (to me) faces to names, learning things from the videos, and seeing you guys interact and converse with one another. It is certainly a treat for those of us who live hours and hours away and were unable to make the conference. :P

TRULY.........I mean it, truly, it is my great pleasure to share what I can from our FAIR conferences. They are getting better each and every year, without fail. Scott Gordon deserves KUDOS, as does the entire FAIR Board of Directors. They simply ROCK!

I know when I met Richard Abanes I was much less likely wanting to put my hands around his neck.

Abanes is actually a very nice guy in person.

I hate all critics. Meeting them makes no difference. My entire life is fueled by rage. My dreams are filled with violent fantasies.

So I'm told, anyway.

Saying something like it's the most ridiculous thing in the world doesn't mean it is... :P;)

This makes me regret not attending much much more -- hopefully next year.

Likewise.

Archived