"Hearken o ye people" - The Historical Setting of Joseph Smith's Ohio Revelations

David T

I just received my copy this week, and already have found the first couple of chapters incredibly enlightening concerning the Rigdonite / Morely religious atmosphere and community into which the 'Mormonites' would merge, and seeing how elements of their current structure and belief system would serve as a template for the emerging Church structure, how many elements and nomenclatures were kept, yet others were specifically and importantly changed by Revelation.

Seeing the chapter outline, I'm very excited to see how the 'Black Pete' story develops, as it will be heading into territory that I've been extremely interested in and curious about for a while now, but without the means and materials to research it.

I just received my copy this week, and already have found the first couple of chapters incredibly enlightening concerning the Rigdonite / Morely religious atmosphere and community into which the 'Mormonites' would merge, and seeing how elements of their current structure and belief system would serve as a template for the emerging Church structure, how many elements and nomenclatures were kept, yet others were specifically and importantly changed by Revelation.

Seeing the chapter outline, I'm very excited to see how the 'Black Pete' story develops, as it will be heading into territory that I've been extremely interested in and curious about for a while now, but without the means and materials to research it.

I've been going through the book. However, its copyright protection only allows

me to reproduce a tiny fraction of the contents:

http://www.sidneyrigdon.com/features/hiram2.htm#staker

UD

I typeset much of the book, but haven't had time to actually read it yet. It's on the top of my list as soon as my semester is over. I have heard much good about it.

While I wish I could take credit for it's brilliance, I can really only take credit for some of it's typesetting flaws.

I typeset much of the book, but haven't had time to actually read it yet. It's on the top of my list as soon as my semester is over. I have heard much good about it.

While I wish I could take credit for it's brilliance, I can really only take credit for some of it's typesetting flaws.

Thank you for your work -- it is a very lengthy and complex text.

Unfortunately there are some typographical errors, such as in the

endnote for citation #4 on page 358, which note reads: "...[what page

is the photo on?]..."

This seems to be an editing error or typesetting error, since the

referenced photo is in Lundwall on p. 70.

Hopefully there are not many of these oddities in the text.

UD

Thank you for your work -- it is a very lengthy and complex text.

Unfortunately there are some typographical errors, such as in the

endnote for citation #4 on page 358, which note reads: "...[what page

is the photo on?]..."

This seems to be an editing error or typesetting error, since the

referenced photo is in Lundwall on p. 70.

Hopefully there are not many of these oddities in the text.

UD

Yeah that was our typo winner. I think that was just accidentally missed by everyone.

Archived