Seriously No Politics ×

"Rodney Meldrum: The Movie"

cinepro

Dear Mormon Apologetic & Discussion Board Participants,

For over a year we have anxiously awaited the release of this paradigm shattering new documentary film. With nearly a dozen non-LDS, mainstream, archaeologists, anthropologists, museum directors, geneticists, historians, authors and Native Americans, "The Lost Civilization of North America" is an incredibly compelling new film that finally answers the question of why most Americans (and Latter-day Saints) have never heard about the tremendous, highly advanced civilization that once existed anciently in the 'Heartland' of the North American continent and why theories about its origins have been deliberately and systematically erased from American history.

I hope that you will take a moment to watch the video trailer of this fundamentally important film to all those interested in learning about and finding evidences for the Book of Mormon as a literal historical record of real people, places and things.

This one hour and ten minute film will forever change your view about the strength of the claims of the Book of Mormon relative to where it may have taken place. Nowhere has this level of evidence been provided by mainstream, non-LDS scholars from so many fields of expertise as you will find within this extraordinarily well done film. This is truly the 'must see' film of 2010 for every Book of Mormon believer and skeptic alike! It has been said that Joseph Smith believed that someday the 'Gentiles' would prove out the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon...could it be that today is that day? Watch this film and see what you think!

Sincerely,

Rod L. Meldrum

President - The FIRM Foundation

Share this Film!

"The Lost Civilization of North America" is not an LDS-oriented film, which makes it perfect for introducing non-members to the evidences of the Book of Mormon without being 'preachy' with your non-member family member, friends and associates. It is very professionally done and is being submitted to the Discovery Channel for inclusion in their TV programming.

This film may open many tens of thousands of doors for missionary work as people around the world learn of the amazing DNA connections between this ancient civilization in North America and the ancient Semitic peoples of the Mediterranean, just as would be expected from the Book of Mormon account.

This is the most profound level of evidence for the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon by non-LDS sources ever assembled and you will be astounded by its robustness as this lineup of world-class experts share their combined knowledge with you.

You will witness video footage of interviews with each of the following experts in this film (in order of appearance).

Roger G. Kennedy, Director Emeritus

Smithsonian National Museum of American History

Author, Hidden Cities: The Discovery and Loss of Ancient North American Civilization

Alice Beck Kehoe, PhD

Anthropology, Harvard University

Author, The Land of Prehistory, A Critical History of American Archaeology

Sonya Atalay, PhD

Anthropology, University of California - Berkley

Assistant Professor of Anthropology, Indiana University

Wayne N. May

Publisher

Ancient American Magazine

Terry A. Barnhart, PhD

Professor, Department of History, Eastern Illinois University

Author, Ephraim George Squier and the Development of American Anthropology

Shane Mountjoy, PhD

Dean of Students, Associate Professor of History at York College

Author, Manifest Destiny

Bruce Porter, PhD

History of Religion and Ancient Cultures, Brigham Young University, Ancient Languages and Religions

Robert Fox, PhD

Texas Tech University

Anthropology and Population Biology of Ancient Populations

Bradley T. Lepper, PhD

Ohio State University

Curator of Archaeology, Ohio Historical Society

Susan Fryer

Executive Director

Great Licking County Convention and Visitor's Bureau

Patti Malenke

Director, Johnson-Humrickhouse Museum

Coshocton, Ohio

Deborah A. Bolnick, PhD

University of California - Davis

Assistant Professor of Anthropology, University of Texas - Austin

Rod Meldrum

DNA Author and Meta-Researcher

President, The FIRM Foundation

Kenneth L. Feder, PhD

Professor of Archaeology, Central Connecticut State University

Author, Frauds, Myths and Mysteries: Science and Pseudoscience in Archaeology

Own this Film on DVD!

"...wandering over the plains of the Nephites, recounting occasionally the history of the Book of Mormon, roving over the mounds of that once beloved people of the Lord, picking up their skulls and their bones, as a proof of its divine authenticity,..."

So wrote the Prophet Joseph Smith in a letter to his wife, Emma while on Zion's Camp march, which would take him nearly 1000 miles across Ohio, Indiana, Illinois and Missouri.

Where are the evidences of Joseph's words? Where are the physical manafestations of this "once beloved people"? Where are the archaeological corroboration that would confirm that an ancient Israelite people once roamed this land? And if these evidences do exist, why have we not heard about them?

An authoritative new film, "The Lost Civilization of North America" answers these questions. Roger Kennedy, former Director of the Smithsonian's National Museum of American History, explains how very few experts "were conscious of the immensity of a place like Monk's Mound in Cahokia, opposite the city of St. Louis, which is bigger in its footprint than the Great Pyramid of Giza."

He, together with Harvard PhD anthropologist Alice Kehoe, reveals the racist and religiously bigoted perspectives that developed within the early 1800's scientific community. In the film, Kennedy and Kehoe explore the development of theories of cultural evolution and how these theories influenced Lewis Henry Morgan who would become president of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS today) and John Wesley Powell, who became Director of the Bureau of Ethnology at the Smithsonian Institution.

Historian Terry Barnhart and publisher Wayne May carry us through the exploration, surveying and mapping of the great earthworks and other structures that dotted the landscape of the middle and eastern United States by anthropologist Ephraim George Squier. They explain how the doctrine of Manifest Destiny encouraged the "wanton destruction" of so many of these structures and the hiding away and discrediting of artifacts found within them.

Anthropologist and Native American Sonya Atalay explains how Native Americans have been robbed of much of their history, because what was found conflicted with the scientific notions of the day, which were that they were "isolated savages". Atalay, and ancient language expert Bruce Porter, reveals the ancient written language of her people, which has been compared with ancient Egyptian, stored in copper tubes and written on birch bark scrolls, now locked away in museums.

With emotion Sonya Atalay describes her experience as she first visited the Great Octagon and Circle earthworks in Newark, Ohio, as Brad Lepper, Curator of Archaeology at the Ohio Historical Society describes the amazing knowledge of astronomy and mathematics which it took to build such a magnificent structure. He tells about the Hopewell people who are believed to have built the Earthworks and lived upon this land from 300 years BC to AD 500, right in alignment with the time frame of the Book of Mormon Nephite civilization.

Lost Civilization shows many of the artifacts that have survived, the written stone tablets, the copper and iron tools and weapons and others that reveal an origin for these people that was purposely hidden away. We go with the film to the Johnson-Humrickhouse Museum in Coshocton, Ohio where the Director of the museum describes the controversy behind the "Holy Stones", upon which are written the entire Ten Commandments in block Hebrew, purportedly found within the Newark Earthworks.

Anthropologist and DNA scientist Deborah Bolnick, who took and analyzed DNA samples from Hopewell remains, describes the DNA tracings of these people. Together with DNA meta-researcher and author Rod Meldrum, Lost Civilization traces these DNA lineages back to their middle-eastern origins.

Coming soon to a theater near you. If you live near Utah, Idaho, Nevada and Arizona.

Thanks. But sheesh, he really blew it. There's so much legit stuff to focus on in N. America, why does he need to go using proven hoaxes to help him.

No thanks.

Sevenbak your cred just went up many notches in my book. That was my thoughts as well why use fake stuff it only hurts his theory?

The Newark Holy Stones, for one.

And since when is Bruce Porter an 'ancient languages expert' whatever that ridiculous term means?

That happened about the same time that Brother Meldrum became a "DNA Author and Meta-Researcher" and they found an "epic" historian of Church history.

So, does a "meta-researcher" actually research...research?

WW

Cinepro, how did you receive this email/letter?

The salutation is "Dear Mormon Apologetic & Discussion Board Participants" and yet you are the one posting it to this board, not Meldrum himself?

-------

It has been said that Joseph Smith believed that someday the 'Gentiles' would prove out the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon...could it be that today is that day?
Who "has [it] been said" by exactly? Meldrum himself or someone else....

Cinepro, how did you receive this email/letter?

The salutation is "Dear Mormon Apologetic & Discussion Board Participants" and yet you are the one posting it to this board, not Meldrum himself?

-------

The email was addressed to me specifically. I changed the heading to share the invitation with you all.

In case it wasn't clear, I was speaking as Rodney Meldrum using the principle of Implied Email Investiture of Authority.

Coming soon to a theater near you.

I'm still nursing my wounds over not getting a call-back for the role of curelom.

(Even after I had practiced the pretense of being "useful" all week long.)

:P

Thanks. But sheesh, he really blew it. There's so much legit stuff to focus on in N. America, why does he need to go using proven hoaxes to help him.

No thanks.

I didn't think it was clear from the trailer how those things were being used. For example, the Church donated many of the Michigan relics it had acquired to a Michigan museum because of their historical value--not as authentic pieces, but as examples of Michigan citizen interest in ancient archaeology.

Perhaps it would be wise to see the documentary and hear how some of the fraudulent relics are being used before dismissing the film.

I wonder if these scholars actually know how they are being manipulated to sell tours and a geography theory that is losing steam.

I watched the trailer yesterday evening, so I might have missed it, but I do not recall any of the "mainstream, non-LDS scholars from ... fields of expertise" discussing the legitimacy of any of the questionable artifacts--if anything, they were simply discussing the civilizations and peoples who once lived on the continent.

It will be interesting to learn if any reputable, non-LDS scholars in the film will make statements of support for the validity of the questionable artifacts. I also have to wonder what some of these individuals will think when/if they watch the final film.

I didn't think it was clear from the trailer how those things were being used. For example, the Church donated many of the Michigan relics it had acquired to a Michigan museum because of their historical value--not as authentic pieces, but as examples of Michigan citizen interest in ancient archaeology.

Perhaps it would be wise to see the documentary and hear how some of the fraudulent relics are being used before dismissing the film.

He's using them as evidence of ancient civilizations in the trailer. As a documentary videographer / editor by profession myself, I find this to be completely disingenuous and misleading, even if the reasons you posit are valid.

In addition to the bogus artifacts, Meldrum et al. continue to try and drag Monk's Mound/Cahokia and Moundville into their arguments even though they post-date the Book of Mormon by several centuries. Rod is aware of this, as I have personally explained the discrepancy to him in person and via email.

In addition to the bogus artifacts, Meldrum et al. continue to try and drag Monk's Mound/Cahokia and Moundville into their arguments even though they post-date the Book of Mormon by several centuries.

So what you're saying is that our dating of the mounds is off by several centuries?

Archived