???????? ?? ?????? ?? ????????

e=mc2

Thanks for the clarification of the concept.

I have found it interesting that we take on the attitude of a beggar in the temple, I think reflecting this attitude of being totally dependent upon the gifts of God.

Hmm, I always thought this one was just part of the usual theme of things being reversed in the after life- in this case the sad and hopeless shall be made happy (I recall another of this kind is the story of Dives and Lazarus from the Book of Luke.)

Poor in spirit just means something like "without cheer" doesn't it?

Ibn Gevirol's Shefal Ruah comes to mind. 'Low of spirit, low of knee, low of stature' is the attitude to be taken up not only in prayer, but also in praise.

There is a strong thread connecting the concept of poor in spirit with the attitude of worship, indeed, I would not hesitate to state that poor in spirit meant a man devotedly worshipping his maker, be it at prayer or in daily life.

Anyway, I think you would like ibn Gabirol, his ideas and expressions are ever startling.

Kerry lives!!!!

Where have you been?

What are you doing?

Sorry...didn't mean to derail.

We might also consider Alma 32... those who were rich and not interested in things spiritual,

those who were compelled to be humble because of their circumstances,-poverty,

lack of education, "lowly in heart", those who refuse to believe unless they are shown

a sign (proof), and those who are humbled simply by hearing the word of God.

Bernard

I have found it interesting that we take on the attitude of a beggar in the temple

Wow that is totally true! I'm going to keep this in mind at the Temple tomorrow.

Kerry lives!!!!

Where have you been?

What are you doing?

Sorry...didn't mean to derail.

Kerry notes:

No problem. Just kinda busy is all. I shall have to make a comeback.....

We might also consider Alma 32... those who were rich and not interested in things spiritual,

those who were compelled to be humble because of their circumstances,-poverty,

lack of education, "lowly in heart", those who refuse to believe unless they are shown

a sign (proof), and those who are humbled simply by hearing the word of God.

Bernard

Archived