Does God Love The Wicked?

O-Brother

30 members have voted

1. 1. Does God Love The Wicked?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure
    • Case By Case
    • Not at all. The Wicked Will Be Destroyed.

I want to make a distinction beweet regular sinners and the wicked. Wickedness that goes beyond just being sinful but blatantly evil. Sinners can repent and come unto Christ and be saved. Yet, according to many scriptures, unrepentant wicked people will be cut off, cast out, etc.

To illustrate:

D&C 101: 90 And in his hot displeasure, and in his fierce anger, in his time, will cut off those wicked, unfaithful, and aunjust stewards, and appoint them their portion among hypocrites, and unbelievers; 91 Even in outer darkness, where there is weeping, and wailing, and gnashing of teeth.

and...

Ezekiel 3:19 19 Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.

Nephi calls hell

It may not be something people are willing to consider, but every single person is a part of "God" no matter how far removed their life experience has made them. When they return to the spirit, there is a lot of healing going on. "God" would be hating itself if it were to hate any particular person. Rather than cutting off its arm, I'm sure "God" will make its arm whole again.

It may not be something people are willing to consider, but every single person is a part of "God" no matter how far removed their life experience has made them. When they return to the spirit, there is a lot of healing going on. "God" would be hating itself if it were to hate any particular person. Rather than cutting off its arm, I'm sure "God" will make its arm whole again.

You make a good point about God's love. Although the scriptures say that there be will be casting out going on, wailing and gnashing of teeth and even outter darkness.

WHich poses the question, can a person like Ted Bundy not be cast out? He was, after all, very wicked. Laban had his head cut off by Nephi because it was better that he perish than carry out his wickedness. WHat happens to Laban?

I want to make a distinction beweet regular sinners and the wicked.

Was Moses wicked when he murdered the Egyptian?

Was Saul wicked when he helped stone Stephen?

Was Peter wicked when he thrice denied Christ?

Was David wicked when he lusted after Bathsheba?

Was Alma wicked when he sought to destroy his father's church?

How about a "wicked city," deserving only fire and brimstone?

Are its infants wicked? Are its senile wicked? Are its retarded wicked?

Or, maybe Wiccans are "wicked"...

???

UD

Yes. It is possible to love someone and doom them at the same time.

Laban and Nephi were both loved by God.

"O the greatness of the mercy of our God, the Holy One of Israel!

For he delivereth his saints from that awful monster, the Devil,

and death and hell, and that lake of fire and brimstone, which

is endless torment." -------

Except for our Bro. Laban, of course. Although God loves him as much

as all the rest of us, we are content to have Laban eternally tortured,

racked with endless pain and horrid suffering -- while we also love

our enemies (Laban included), like unto ourselves.

???

I wonder what endlessly burning human flesh smells like?

UD

Verse to ponder...

Ps. 26: 5

5 I have hated the congregation of evil doers; and will not sit with the wicked.

Ps. 34: 21

21 Evil shall slay the wicked: and they that hate the righteous shall be desolate.

Ps. 55: 3

3 Because of the voice of the enemy, because of the oppression of the wicked: for they cast iniquity upon me, and in wrath they hate me.

Ps. 97: 10

10 Ye that love the Lord, hate evil: he preserveth the souls of his saints; he delivereth them out of the hand of the wicked.

Ps. 101: 3

3 I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me.

Prov. 14: 17

17 He that is soon angry dealeth foolishly: and a man of wicked devices is hated.

Was Moses wicked when he murdered the Egyptian?

Was Saul wicked when he helped stone Stephen?

Was Peter wicked when he thrice denied Christ?

Was David wicked when he lusted after Bathsheba?

Was Alma wicked when he sought to destroy his father's church?

How about a "wicked city," deserving only fire and brimstone?

Are its infants wicked? Are its senile wicked? Are its retarded wicked?

Or, maybe Wiccans are "wicked"...

???

UD

Was Nephi wicked when he chopped off Laban's head? When the Lord commands, it's not wickedness. I am referring to wicked people, the likes of Bundy, Dahmer, Hitler, Hussein and his evil sons, etc. and not the Lord's annointed who have been asked to carry out killings in the name of justice such as the many wars carried out by the Nephites which involved the killing of thousands. The Bible and the book of Mormon offer plenty of war stories and massacres. What do you think of wicked people outside of the Lord's orders? And I should add, pre-destination such as Moses and Paul. You do make a good point I hadn't thought of. But none of the people you mentioned above died in wickedness as the ones I am referring to, correct?

Verse to ponder...

Ps. 26: 5

5 I have hated the congregation of evil doers; and will not sit with the wicked.

When Counselor in the Presidency, Elder Sidney Rigdon was "cut off" in 1844,

was he a wicked man? Was Elder Martin Harris a wicked man?

UD

When the Lord commands, it's not wickedness.

And thus we have the slaughter of the Midianites in the Book of Numbers.

Do you suppose that God also commanded the slaughter of Moses' wife and

her Midianite family?

Or.... is it possible that there was some human error involved in that genocide?

If God commands genocide, I'll turn my back on the whole program.

If God commands that I sacrifice my son atop Mount Moriah, I'll disobey.

If God commands multiple wives and concubines, I'll oppose it to my death.

UD

???

Laban was likely not a Son of Perdition, so he gets at least the Telestial Kingdom, along with Bundy, Stalin, etc.

When Counselor in the Presidency, Elder Sidney Rigdon was "cut off" in 1844,

was he a wicked man? Was Elder Martin Harris a wicked man?

UD

You're asking me to answer if they were wicked. Honestly, I don't know but that's not the type of wickedness this topic is about.I highly doubt that their wickedness equates to the wicked I've been referring to, please read names in previous posts. THat type of wickedness. The shedding of innocent blood, murder of children, yes, genocide, causing the Holocaust against Jews, Saddan Hussein, Nero and others throughout history. Anyone who has caused death and great harm to the innocent such as serial killers, Bundy types. That type of wicked people. Not someone who was excommunicated from the Church unless by doing so he caused innocent lives to be destroyed and on purpose.

Of course God loves all of His children, but that does not mean He will take away their agency. He loves us so much He is willing for us to be damned if we desire it. Take a look at D&C 76 and I think you will find that God does love all of His children. The Telestial Kingdom is a glorious place, murderers, whoremongers, thieves, liars, once they have paid the price of suffering for their sins will still receive a resurrection and be ministered to by the Holy Ghost! What incredible love that shows. Now the Sons of Perdition are an entirely different matter, they have sinned beyond the grace of God... they are "hopelessly lost" in spite of His feelings for them. This scripture indicates that the righteous are favored:

(1 Nephi 17:34-37) "Do ye suppose that our fathers would have been more choice than they if they had been righteous? I say unto you, Nay. Behold, the Lord esteemeth all flesh in one; he that is righteous is favored of God. But behold, this people had rejected every word of God, and they were ripe in iniquity; and the fulness of the wrath of God was upon them; and the Lord did curse the land against them, and bless it unto our fathers; yea, he did curse it against them unto their destruction, and he did bless it unto our fathers unto their obtaining power over it. Behold, the Lord hath created the earth that it should be inhabited; and he hath created his children that they should possess it. And he raiseth up a righteous nation, and destroyeth the nations of the wicked."
Also
(Moses 7:37) "But behold, their sins shall be upon the heads of their fathers; Satan shall be their father, and misery shall be their doom; and the whole heavens shall weep over them, even all the workmanship of mine hands; wherefore should not the heavens weep, seeing these shall suffer?"
If God did not love them He would not be weeping over them.

Laban was likely not a Son of Perdition, so he gets at least the Telestial Kingdom, along with Bundy, Stalin, etc.

That's the answer, then. The wicked get the Telestial kingdom. So does GOd love these wicked people? We can't answer for God, obviously, but if you were to guess, would you say he loves Laban, Stallin, Hittler, etc.?

Of course God loves all of His children, but that does not mean He will take away their agency. He loves us so much He is willing for us to be damned if we desire it. Take a look at D&C 76 and I think you will find that God does love all of His children. The Telestial Kingdom is a glorious place, murderers, whoremongers, thieves, liars, once they have paid the price of suffering for their sins will still receive a resurrection and be ministered to by the Holy Ghost! What incredible love that shows. Now the Sons of Perdition are an entirely different matter, they have sinned beyond the grace of God... they are "hopelessly lost" in spite of His feelings for them. This scripture indicates that the righteous are favored:AlsoIf God did not love them He would not be weeping over them.

Goofed here. Let me repost.

You make a good point about God's love. Although the scriptures say that there be will be casting out going on, wailing and gnashing of teeth and even outter darkness.

WHich poses the question, can a person like Ted Bundy not be cast out? He was, after all, very wicked. Laban had his head cut off by Nephi because it was better that he perish than carry out his wickedness. WHat happens to Laban?

Perhaps this casting out will be the casting out of pain, confusion, and disease of the mind and soul. This purging will probably be very painful.

I'm willing to guess that Ted's temple work has been done. We all know Hitler's has. Do they not have the same opportunity to embrace the Atonement?

God's purpose is to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of mankind. I'm betting he is a success. He loves us that much.

Isa. 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

9 And he made his grave with the wicked...

If God commands genocide, I'll turn my back on the whole program.

If God commands that I sacrifice my son atop Mount Moriah, I'll disobey.

If God commands multiple wives and concubines, I'll oppose it to my death.

UD

Amen

Of course God loves all of His children, but that does not mean He will take away their agency. He loves us so much He is willing for us to be damned if we desire it. Take a look at D&C 76 and I think you will find that God does love all of His children. The Telestial Kingdom is a glorious place, murderers, whoremongers, thieves, liars, once they have paid the price of suffering for their sins will still receive a resurrection and be ministered to by the Holy Ghost! What incredible love that shows. Now the Sons of Perdition are an entirely different matter, they have sinned beyond the grace of God... they are "hopelessly lost" in spite of His feelings for them. This scripture indicates that the righteous are favored:AlsoIf God did not love them He would not be weeping over them.

The scripture above doesn't say that God Himself will be weeping over them, only the Heavens. It's not specific although you specified the scripture as such. Is there as scripture that says that God loves the wicked, specifically?

You're asking me to answer if they were wicked. Honestly, I don't know

I was going by this official LDS definition:

D&C 3:12

"O the greatness of the mercy of our God, the Holy One of Israel!

For he delivereth his saints from that awful monster, the Devil,

and death and hell, and that lake of fire and brimstone, which

is endless torment." -------

???

UD

I am looking for a specific scripture that says God loves the wicked, not the saints or the sinner. I am debating this with other people so I am hoping to find a

scripture that says something like "God loves the wicked." Bible, D&C or BOM.

That's the answer, then. The wicked get the Telestial kingdom. So does GOd love these wicked people? We can't answer for God, obviously, but if you were to guess, would you say he loves Laban, Stallin, Hittler, etc.?

Yes. He loves Laban, Stalin, etc.

Archived