Seriously No Politics ×

Anyone Heard Of The Georgia Guidestones?

ready2prepare

Have y'all heard about the Georgia Guidestones, also called "America's Stonehenge?"

They mention an ideal world population "under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature."

They contain 10 "commandments" of their own written in several languages.

The monument itself is designed to withstand the "Apocalypse," with instructions theron for the survivors.

Kinda spooky stuff! (IMHO):

American Stonehenge: Monumental Instructions for the Post-Apocalypse

(from Wired Magazine)

The Georgia Guidestones Guidebook - PDF

(Takes a while to download but well worth the wait.)

Thought at least some of you might find this interesting in light of recent developments.

Best Regards,

Sharon in Mississippi

Have y'all heard about the Georgia Guidestones, also called "America's Stonehenge?"

They mention an ideal world population "under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature."

The monument itself is designed to withstand the "Apocalypse," with instructions theron for the survivors.

(from Wired Magazine)

Thought at least some of you might find this interesting in light of recent developments.

Best Regards,

Sharon in Mississippi

They were made by a rich guy who enjoys laughing at conspiracy theorists and who had the cash to fund this practical joke.

They were made by a rich guy who enjoys laughing at conspiracy theorists and who had the cash to fund this practical joke.

I wonder what people 500 or 1000 years from know will think of them...? I suspect at least a few will theorize a supernatural origin.

I've heard of them. I wouldn't really call them so much of a joke as I would "wishful thinking." The end of the written portion is signed "RC Christian," an obvious reference to Christian Rosencrutz of Rosicrucian legend, who is about the equivalent of Hiram Abiff to the masons. I've actually just started studying the Rosicrucians so I don't know much about it, other than their headquarters is about an hour from my house in the Bay Area in California. They are very similar to the masons but are much more esoterically inclined, and focus more on the "practical" side of things than the abstract.

I do know that the Freemasons, in their York Rite organization, offer an invitation only research body called the Rosicrucian Society that researches the Rosicrucian thought. This is something I hope to look into someday if I ever join the York Rite. I'm not sure how what is on the guidestones fits in with Rosicrucian doctrine, but I assume that one of their goals is "world peace" and the stones provide the views of how it could be accomplished. However, like I said, it is "wishful thinking."

I wonder what people 500 or 1000 years from know will think of them...? I suspect at least a few will theorize a supernatural origin.

Yeah...advances in record keeping and storage would have ZERO impact on that.

I've actually just started studying the Rosicrucians so I don't know much about it, other than their headquarters is about an hour from my house in the Bay Area in California.

Are they the ones at the Egyptian museum in San Jose? I was there with my family once and we accidentally walked into their "sacred shrine" (an area of the garden on the public grounds outside the museum) and got chewed out by one of them. It was kind of embarrassing.

Are they the ones at the Egyptian museum in San Jose? I was there with my family once and we accidentally walked into their "sacred shrine" (an area of the garden on the public grounds outside the museum) and got chewed out by one of them. It was kind of embarrassing.

Yes, that's them. Whoever designed the stones must be a member, also they go along with the "world peace" motif.

I've thought about visiting the museum and planitarium and getting some more info on it. What did you think? Is it worth a visit?

I thought about joining it because their website makes it sound pretty cool. However, I've heard its a lot like the masons, and I'm already a mason, so if they duplicate a lot of what the masons cover it may not be worth it. I don't know. If anything, it might be cool to go to the Egypt museum and try to compare what Hugh Nibley teaches about Egyptology to what they have. It might be worth it to go there just to check out that stuff.

I'll just have to make sure I don't go anywhere they believe is sacred. :P

Yes, that's them. Whoever designed the stones must be a member, also they go along with the "world peace" motif.

I've thought about visiting the museum and planitarium and getting some more info on it. What did you think? Is it worth a visit?

I thought about joining it because their website makes it sound pretty cool. However, I've heard its a lot like the masons, and I'm already a mason, so if they duplicate a lot of what the masons cover it may not be worth it. I don't know. If anything, it might be cool to go to the Egypt museum and try to compare what Hugh Nibley teaches about Egyptology to what they have. It might be worth it to go there just to check out that stuff.

I don't think you should join them or even contemplate it. If you're into masonry plus new age (the idea that matter is unreal and time is an illusion) and sex rites once you climb up the ladder tho. However you seem like a decent guy and great Saint.

I don't think you should join them or even contemplate it. If you're into masonry plus new age (the idea that matter is unreal and time is an illusion) and sex rites once you climb up the ladder tho. However you seem like a decent guy and great Saint.

Sex rites? I wasn't aware of that, are you sure?

Notquitewetyet neither A.M.O.R.C. or masonic rosicrucian appendant orders engage in sex rites (heiros gamos), in any degree nor in it's appendant Martinist order in A.M.O.R.C. Your illusions are both ignorant and stupid, not to mention conspiracy mongering, to the uninformed outsider. The same false allegations of sex rites in lds temples has been leveled against the church, it is false and it is dangerous.

I am a Freemason and in Two Rosicrucian Orders, contemplating on joining another rosicrucian order currently. There is little doubt in my mind that the stones are designed by a Freemason or Rosicrucian or perhaps the individual was both. In one documentary I have seen, I seem to recall that the journalist who looked into finding the stone's archetecht found that the gentleman may of been a member of the local Masonic Temple in the area.

What interests me is learning what the contents of the time capsule is that lies beneath the additional explanatory granite ledger that has been set level with the ground. I suggest the key to the stones and the identity of their author lies in this capsule.

Notquitewetyet neither A.M.O.R.C. or masonic rosicrucian appendant orders engage in sex rites (heiros gamos), in any degree nor in it's appendant Martinist order in A.M.O.R.C. Your illusions are both ignorant and stupid, not to mention conspiracy mongering, to the uninformed outsider. The same false allegations of sex rites in lds temples has been leveled against the church, it is false and it is dangerous.

I am a Freemason and in Two Rosicrucian Orders, contemplating on joining another rosicrucian order currently. There is little doubt in my mind that the stones are designed by a Freemason or Rosicrucian or perhaps the individual was both. In one documentary I have seen, I seem to recall that the journalist who looked into finding the stone's archetecht found that the gentleman may of been a member of the local Masonic Temple in the area.

What interests me is learning what the contents of the time capsule is that lies beneath the additional explanatory granite ledger that has been set level with the ground. I suggest the key to the stones and the identity of their author lies in this capsule.

Just going on what I've been told by people currently in it, evidently they were uncomfortable with some side practices that their leader wanted to do to expand their magickal workings. The rosicrucian doctrines don't lead anyone to any sort of enlightenment, and they don't provide moral condemnation for heinous practices. If you're LDS, it's sad that you hate Joseph Smith's teachings so much that you would embrace AMORC Rosicrucian thought, like matter and time being unreal and reality as an illusion, plus their other occultic teachings. Joseph stated that Masonry was corrupted priesthood, and he got out of it what God needed him to know and he (sadly) thought that Masonic connections would help defend him and the saints. And what did the Masons in Carthage do? How, honestly, can supposed Mormons align themselves with a group that proved their willingness to abandon one of their own and shot a Prophet of God to rags? How can supposed Mormons embrace occultic orders that declare, "X, having been in darkness, now desires to enter the light" and declaring God's true Gospel to be darkness? There's a reason God led the Saints to the Rockies and out of the pollutions of the world, and now look at saints who are dropping over themselves to join all kinds of secret combinations and defend them. I won't be surprised if this board defends the Anti-Christ when he appears, saying "you know we shouldn't denounce his religion." I'm done with this board. This place represents Mormonism about as much as Ed Decker's videos do. Both are religions I simply cannot recognize. Goodbye MADB.

Just going on what I've been told by people currently in it, evidently they were uncomfortable with some side practices that their leader wanted to do to expand their magickal workings.

If your friends are actually telling you the truth and not just having a little fun with you, this would mean their leader is doing something unauthorized and outside the normal workings of their group--so you have no basis on which to claim either group indulges in "sex rites".

The rosicrucian doctrines don't lead anyone to any sort of enlightenment, and they don't provide moral condemnation for heinous practices. If you're LDS, it's sad that you hate Joseph Smith's teachings so much that you would embrace AMORC Rosicrucian thought, like matter and time being unreal and reality as an illusion, plus their other occultic teachings. Joseph stated that Masonry was corrupted priesthood, and he got out of it what God needed him to know and he (sadly) thought that Masonic connections would help defend him and the saints. And what did the Masons in Carthage do? How, honestly, can supposed Mormons align themselves with a group that proved their willingness to abandon one of their own and shot a Prophet of God to rags? How can supposed Mormons embrace occultic orders that declare, "X, having been in darkness, now desires to enter the light" and declaring God's true Gospel to be darkness? There's a reason God led the Saints to the Rockies and out of the pollutions of the world, and now look at saints who are dropping over themselves to join all kinds of secret combinations and defend them.

You seem to forget that Joseph Smith himself, not to mention many other early leaders were Masons themselves--I'm proud to say I have a number of ancestors who were Masons. And there are many good LDS who are Masons today.

I won't be surprised if this board defends the Anti-Christ when he appears, saying "you know we shouldn't denounce his religion." I'm done with this board. This place represents Mormonism about as much as Ed Decker's videos do. Both are religions I simply cannot recognize. Goodbye MADB.

Good Idea. I believe you are wise to leave. In your time here you've allowed youself to become more shrill and judgmental--this post sure shows it! The board has that effect on some people and it's best to leave or at least take a break for awhile if it affects you that way.

The board has that effect on some people and it's best to leave or at least take a break for awhile if it affects you that way.

Funny you should mention that. The guidestones seem to have a similar effect on some people.

Personally, I think the stones are intended as a warning. If we disagree with the message we can

do so without becomimg disagreeable. Same goes for postings on this board. (IMHO) :P

Best Regards,

Sharon in Mississippi

How, honestly, can supposed Mormons align themselves with a group that proved their willingness to abandon one of their own and shot a Prophet of God to rags?

If we applied this standard consistently, we'd have to move out of Illinois, maybe Missiouri and Ohio...and the whole US actually.

One needs to be careful about attributing to a group the characteristics of certain of its members especially if the group's principles are contrary to those actions and the specific behaviours are inconsistent with general behaviours.

Eden,

You seem pretty knowlegable about this. You mind if I PM you with some questions?

Just going on what I've been told by people currently in it, evidently they were uncomfortable with some side practices that their leader wanted to do to expand their magickal workings. The rosicrucian doctrines don't lead anyone to any sort of enlightenment, and they don't provide moral condemnation for heinous practices. If you're LDS, it's sad that you hate Joseph Smith's teachings so much that you would embrace AMORC Rosicrucian thought, like matter and time being unreal and reality as an illusion, plus their other occultic teachings. Joseph stated that Masonry was corrupted priesthood, and he got out of it what God needed him to know and he (sadly) thought that Masonic connections would help defend him and the saints. And what did the Masons in Carthage do? How, honestly, can supposed Mormons align themselves with a group that proved their willingness to abandon one of their own and shot a Prophet of God to rags? How can supposed Mormons embrace occultic orders that declare, "X, having been in darkness, now desires to enter the light" and declaring God's true Gospel to be darkness? There's a reason God led the Saints to the Rockies and out of the pollutions of the world, and now look at saints who are dropping over themselves to join all kinds of secret combinations and defend them. I won't be surprised if this board defends the Anti-Christ when he appears, saying "you know we shouldn't denounce his religion." I'm done with this board. This place represents Mormonism about as much as Ed Decker's videos do. Both are religions I simply cannot recognize. Goodbye MADB.

You may want to go back and re-read the circumstances behind Joseph Smith's death and why he was killed. His death was somewhat related to the Nauvoo Expositor. Also, Mormons went on being masons long after the temple ceremony was revealed. Brigham Young even wanted to continue masonic affiliation, but the state of Utah could not get a charter because of Mormons practicing polygamy. If you read in the JoD Brigham Young mentions their lodge in Utah could not get chartered because of this, and he said it was ironic because the masons revere King Solomon, who was a polygamist himself.

It should also be recognized that Joseph Smith and many others in the early church were practicing occultists. Divining rods, seer stones, numerical matrices, magical parchments, etc. were all used by early church leaders. The temple initiatory is very similar in nature to the initiatory used in Celtic Witchcraft, a forerunner to modern-day wicca. A new candidate for wicca today is still washed, anoininted, and given a new name to be used only in the rituals. I won't tell what the LDS counterpart for these is to respect board rules and the sacredness of the ceremony, but it is very similar in the order performed and the wording used. For me this doesn't present a problem, since I believe that Joseph Smith was guided to take practices from a variety of sources where truth was contained. Traditions such as witchcraft and masonry may be corrupt, but there is still a lot of truth in them that has lingered from ancient times.

I don't know much about the Rosicrucians yet, but I know I have seen some Rosicrucian symbols in LDS temples, in fact I was in the elevator at the Oakland temple a few months ago and I noticed the rose cross symbol in the gold ornament designs at the top of the elevator. Also, in the Sacramento temple the rose plays a big part in the ceiling artwork in the terrestrial and celestial rooms. I think fraternal organizations are a good way to learn about ancient mysteries and study many things you could normally not understand. You don't necessarily have to agree with everything that is taught, or even interpret it the same way as everyone else does.

As far as the statement about calling our religion darkness, I never recall being asked to renounce my religion in freemasonry. In fact, you are encouraged to support your local church and be religious. Being brought from darkness to light has nothing to do with your religion being darkness, but is something symbolic in the ceremony, which is essentially a play you are acting out. Remember, many early LDS leaders made these same statements and went through the same ceremonies.

I don't think anyone on here that knows the Bible would accept the antichrist, since they know what to look for when he comes.

• 4 weeks later...

Notquitewetyet, I respect your decision to leave the board, I agree with the other posters it will probably only add to your confusion.

BJW: AMORC does not solicit membership. AMORC is not a religion. AMORC does not teach or incalcate "Magick" spelt with a "K" (Crowleys spin on it) as Notquitewetyet believes. AMORC is centered on the mystical path over the magical one, the two have similiarites but they are not the same.

BJW: Some LDS temples use rosettes as part of their symbolism, this does not infer there is a rosicrucian connection.

IMHO Many young lds usually men, after receiving their endowments finding the ritual extremely curious however finding little or nothing in terms of an explanation of the ritual seek for further understanding by looking into freemasonry and rosicrucianism and other areas, in an attempt to make sense of their experience. I notice this alot. Lds scholarship directly related to the endowment & our temple is thin and unimpressive to say the least, I hope in the future this will change.

BJW: It is true that Wiccan initiatory rites are very similiar to lds initiatory rites, however that said I would like to point out that there is a plethora of mystery traditions that have remarkably similiar washing and annointing rituals to the lds intiatories which have just as striking parallels as those found in witchcraft.

(from Wired Magazine)

Best Regards,

Sharon in Mississippi

I have heard of them. The monument is made up of 6 stones. That gives me the impression that it was not an inspired work of God. The Mormons taught 6 discussions when I was a member too. If I had attached the significance to the number 6 that I do now I would never have listened to 6 discussions.

Archived