Seriously No Politics ×

Michael Is Part Of The Trinity

Mola Ram Suda Ram

In another thread Mike asserted:

"Yes, it is. That's because it refers to the three persons of the Trinity, not the Trinity plus Michael the Archangel."

I dont believe Michael is part of the Trinity. Further more I have never heard of this concept. I think this is just another false statment to try stir people up.

The Godhead is Heavenly Father, Jesus, and Michael/Adam. And they aren't the Nicean concept of Trinity.

The Godhead is Heavenly Father, Jesus, and Michael/Adam. And they aren't the Nicean concept of Trinity.

CFR on Michael/Adam being part of the Godhead, please.

Here's the Guide to the Scriptures on Godhead:

There are three separate persons in the Godhead: God, the Eternal Father; his Son, Jesus Christ; and the Holy Ghost. We believe in each of them (A of F 1: 1). From latter-day revelation we learn that the Father and the Son have tangible bodies of flesh and bone and that the Holy Ghost is a personage of spirit, without flesh and bone (D&C 130: 22-23). These three persons are one in perfect unity and harmony of purpose and doctrine (John 17: 21-23; 2 Ne. 31: 21; 3 Ne. 11: 27, 36).

"Yes, it is. That's because it refers to the three persons of the Trinity, not the Trinity plus Michael the Archangel."

I dont believe Michael is part of the rinity. Further more I have never heard of this concept. I think this is just another false statment to try stir people up.

Of course not, Michael or Adam is not part of the Godhead, he did participate in the creation, but then again many of us did as well. The only indication we have in the scriptures is the following:
(D&C 78:16) "Who hath appointed Michael your prince, and established his feet, and set him upon high, and given unto him the keys of salvation under the counsel and direction of the Holy One, who is without beginning of days or end of life."
According to this he has a priesthood stewardship over this earth under Christ. Father Adam is an important being, but he is not a member of the Godhead. Although he was in the Grand Council just as we all were, he held authority under Christ and fought in the War in Heaven:
(Revelation 12:7-11) "And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death."
Also he will have a role in the end times:
(D&C 29:26) "But, behold, verily I say unto you, before the earth shall pass away, Michael, mine archangel, shall sound his trump, and then shall all the dead awake, for their graves shall be opened, and they shall come forthâ??yea, even all."
So Adam or Michael is an important character in our salvation and exaltation but he is not a member of the Godhead and is not the Holy Ghost.

typo alert. rinity?

Oh man. I try really hard to catch these, no wonder I got a "D" in english. LOL

Here's the Guide to the Scriptures on Godhead:

This is what I am trying to find out. Mike seems to think that Michael in the LDS faith is part of the Godhead. I Have never heard of such a thing.

Oh man. I try really hard to catch these, no wonder I got a "D" in english. LOL

This is what I am trying to find out. Mike seems to think that Michael in the LDS faith is part of the Godhead. I Have never heard of such a thing.

Charity seems to agree with him, which I have to admit to finding rather startling.

Abraham 4 is pretty interesting in relation to this discussion. :P

Michael being part of the Godhead is not official LDS doctrine. However, it is my personal conclusion that he is probably the Holy Ghost. I would be willing of course to change my mind if the prophet said something to the contrary, but as it stands Michael seems to me to be the best candidate for H.G., and therefore part of the Godhead. Nonetheless, it is not LDS doctrine.

Sargon

Michael being part of the Godhead is not official LDS doctrine. However, it is my personal conclusion that he is probably the Holy Ghost. I would be willing of course to change my mind if the prophet said something to the contrary, but as it stands Michael seems to me to be the best candidate for H.G., and therefore part of the Godhead. Nonetheless, it is not LDS doctrine.

Sargon

How is this possible? In light of the following:
(Moses 5:9) "And in that day the Holy Ghost fell upon Adam, which beareth record of the Father and the Son, saying: I am the Only Begotten of the Father from the beginning, henceforth and forever, that as thou hast fallen thou mayest be redeemed, and all mankind, even as many as will."
If the Holy Ghost fell upon Adam then how can Adam be the Holy Ghost?

I dont believe Michael is part of the rinity. Further more I have never heard of this concept. I think this is just another false statment to try stir people up.

RentheChihuahua.JPG

Oh, wait, that's a typo, too.

Charity seems to agree with him, which I have to admit to finding rather startling.

I see this is the case. Lets see were this goes. Im sure Chrarity can expound upon it. I better look up Abr 4 too.

Of course not, Michael or Adam is not part of the Godhead, he did participate in the creation, but then again many of us did as well. The only indication we have in the scriptures is the following:According to this he has a priesthood stewardship over this earth under Christ. Father Adam is an important being, but he is not a member of the Godhead. Although he was in the Grand Council just as we all were, he held authority under Christ and fought in the War in Heaven:Also he will have a role in the end times:So Adam or Michael is an important character in our salvation and exaltation but he is not a member of the Godhead and is not the Holy Ghost.

Great post. This is what I always was taught and believed.

Temple. That's all I can say.

Sargon and I agree. And I don't teach it in Gospel Dcotrine class. It just think that is the way it is. And I expressed my opinion here. I would certainly not continue to hold the opinion if an authority said it wasn't so.

Consolidated in previous post.

Temple. That's all I can say.

Sargon and I agree. And I don't teach it in Gospel Dcotrine class. It just think that is the way it is. And I expressed my opinion here. I would certainly not continue to hold the opinion if an authority said it wasn't so.

Very well, I see what you are saying. I can respect your opinion then.

How is this possible? In light of the following:If the Holy Ghost fell upon Adam then how can Adam be the Holy Ghost?

Christ hadn't gained His body yet and could've fulfilled that role.

I have a suspicion that Michael is our father. Meaning the father of our bodies and our spirits. The person we pray to and call "heavenly father" is probably our heavenly grandfather (read great, great etc grandfather). He is the founder of the race and the Most High God.

If we gain exaltation and have our own spiritual offspring, they will pray to the same being we pray to and our relationship with them will be much the same as ours with Adam/Michael; in my opinion.

Alan

LDS Doctrine:

Holy Ghost: The third member of the Godhead and, as the name implies, a personage of Spirit, not possessing a body of flesh and bones (D&C 130:21-22). The Holy Ghost has been manifest in every dispensation of the gospel since the beginning, being first made known to Adam (1 Nephi 10: 17-22). (Bible Dictionary)

I've never believed or been taught that Michael is part of Godhead, or the Holy Ghost... although Michael participated in the creation with Jehovah under the direction of Heavenly Father, and would become Adam.

Garden Girl

How is this possible? In light of the following:If the Holy Ghost fell upon Adam then how can Adam be the Holy Ghost?

Easy. H.G. is an office, and can be temporarily filled by anyone not possessing a body of flesh and bones.

Like I said, I don't have a solid testimony, but for me everything points to it.

Sargon

Sargon

So how did Adam receive the Holy Ghost and how did the Holy Ghost talk to him (See the Book of Moses!)?

Easy. H.G. is an office, and can be temporarily filled by anyone not possessing a body of flesh and bones.

Like I said, I don't have a solid testimony, but for me everything points to it.

Sargon

Okay. Never mind :P

I disagree.

I have a suspicion that Michael is our father. Meaning the father of our bodies and our spirits. The person we pray to and call "heavenly father" is probably our heavenly grandfather (read great, great etc grandfather). He is the founder of the race and the Most High God.

If we gain exaltation and have our own spiritual offspring, they will pray to the same being we pray to and our relationship with them will be much the same as ours with Adam/Michael; in my opinion.

Alan

Wow, you went from being RLDS to being an advocate of the Adam-God doctrine?

Interesting. I've attended the temple hundreds of times and never got that idea. That he was part of the creating council, yes, but the Holy Ghost? No.

I must agree with you on that one. It's an interesting concept, but I see no evidence for it.

Archived