Seriously No Politics ×

Discussing Our Israelite Ancestry

Jon_Entine

Hi. I'm Jon Entine, a new member to this site.

I visited because I noticed a post a few months ago mentioning my new book, "Abraham's Children: Race, Identity and the DNA of the Chosen People". The publisher is Warner Books (now called Grand Central Publishing), and the book comes out on October 24.

It raises a numer of intriguing issues, including a tracing of the travels of the Israelites around the world, including it's threads in Mormonism. Kirkus Reviews calls it "Engaging and informative reading for Jews and non-Jews alike," describing it as "an epic tale of 'The Chosen People'."

I'm not Mormon--I'm Jewish. I worked closely with Mormon friends of mine who read the manuscript and helped make sure its references to the LDS Church and Mormon history were accurate. I was also in SLC this past summer for the International Association of Jewish Genealogical Societies annual meeting, where I had discussions with numerous Mormons, including the people at Roots Television, a genealogical website founded by two Mormon women (http://www.rootstelevision.com/).

If anyone does read the book, and has any comments or thoughts about the issues I've raised, I'd welcome a dialogue, either on this list or directly to me at: runjonrun@earthlink.net. I certainly would want to correct any mistakes, if there are any, but beyond that, the subject of our shared biblical ancestry is very important to me.

If you want to know more about the book, I've set up a website: www.abrahamschildren.net. My website, which includes details about my other books and my background, is: www.jonentine.com.

Thanks for reading this!

Jon Entine

Archived