Seriously No Politics ×

Harry Potter Is Satanic!

consiglieri

I am pleased to announce that last Monday night, I finished the new Harry Potter book at 12:20 a.m.

The day before (Monday) I was in court, proudly sporting my green Slytherin rubber bracelet and an attorney acquaintance of mine registered shock and asked if I really read that stuff, advising me that it was "Satanic."

He said he doesn't let his kids watch that stuff.

I asked if he lets his kids read that stuff?

He said no.

He assured me that he and his kids agree that it is Satanic.

Next morning (Tuesday) I saw the same attorney in another court and told him that I had finished reading the new Harry Potter book the night before, and that after reading every word in it, I could assure him that it is not Satanic.

To that, he had no response.

All the Best!

--Consiglieri

Maybe he was concerned that you belong to Slytherin, evildoer.

As well he should be, inasmuch as I am a criminal defense attorney.

But I had Slytherin on my right wrist, and Ravenclaw on my left.

I would have had Gryffindor, but my 10-year old got first dibs on it.

All the Best!

--Consiglieri

I am pleased to announce that last Monday night, I finished the new Harry Potter book at 12:20 a.m.

The day before (Monday) I was in court, proudly sporting my green Slytherin rubber bracelet and an attorney acquaintance of mine registered shock and asked if I really read that stuff, advising me that it was "Satanic."

He said he doesn't let his kids watch that stuff.

I asked if he lets his kids read that stuff?

He said no.

He assured me that he and his kids agree that it is Satanic.

Next morning (Tuesday) I saw the same attorney in another court and told him that I had finished reading the new Harry Potter book the night before, and that after reading every word in it, I could assure him that it is not Satanic.

To that, he had no response.

All the Best!

--Consiglieri

Are you a good Slyth or a bad Slyth?

USU "It's time Slytherin decided whose side they're really on!" 78

There is a family in my ward who refuses to let their children play D&D since it's an absolutely satanic game that will destroy any who play it, but they let their children play all sorts of war and sorcery games on the computer and they have played "Magic" for years. They went to see all of the "Lord of the Rings" movies as a family and they love watching "Cinderella" and "Snow White" with their grandkids.

What is wrong with that picture?

BTW, the last book was an awesome book and I truly hope that it isn't the last.

I always loved Snape.

I always loved Snape.

My wife loves him, too. And especially Alan Rickman. I am starting to get a wee bit worried over her obsession with Snape.

But Snape ends up being one of the most tragic figures in literature.

Beautifully done by J.K.

Oops! I forgot it's Satanic. Nothing good can be said for it.

All the Best!

--Consiglieri

Just to rub salt in the wounds, I also told the attorney that Harry is a Christ-figure in the last book.

Greater love hath no man than this: that he lay down his life for his friends.

USU "Adding to the mugglemuddle" 78

There is a family in my ward who refuses to let their children play D&D since it's an absolutely satanic game that will destroy any who play it, but they let their children play all sorts of war and sorcery games on the computer and they have played "Magic" for years.

The funny thing about that is that in D&D, your character could be a Christian Crusader or Monk or so such. in Magic: The Gathering, you ALWAYS play a uber-powerful demi-god like sorceror.

For what it's worth, I loved Magic and keep my cards so I can share the joy with my future children.<_<

Another thought just crossed my mind... my mom as bed time stories read to us The Lord of the Rings (no Hop on Pop for us!). Therefore, according to logic, my mom was innoculating her little chrildren with SATAN!!! :P I guess that's why I don't see the harm in them... I've been possesed from my youth. :unsure:

Greater love hath no man than this: that he lay down his life for his friends.

USU "Adding to the mugglemuddle" 78

Did I mention that Dumbledore is the figure who arranges things such that Harry must voluntarily give up his life to kill Voldemort, who is the embodiment of evil?

It is stuff like this that ensures Harry Potter a place in great world literature.

Simply being or associating with a lawyer is extremely satanic. Need I say more? :P

Is "associating" defined so broadly as to include posting on a thread started by a lawyer?

Archived