Seriously No Politics ×

Fabulous New Website On Slavonic Pseidepigrapha

e=mc2

I have some information you all as LDS scholars will be very interested in. You non-LDS scholars will also be interested in this material as well.

Anrei Orlov not only has another book out now, (his first was the Enoch-Metatron Tradition - astonishingly complete, fabulous read), concerning the Slavonic (Russian) Pseuepigrapha, but also has developed a website about it also, including an astonishing amount of texts (in Eglish mostly, but some in Russian as well. Read more about it and link to it here:

http://backyardprofessor.typepad.com/the_backyard_professor/

I have some information you all as LDS scholars will be very interested in. You non-LDS scholars will also be interested in this material as well.

Anrei Orlov not only has another book out now, (his first was the Enoch-Metatron Tradition - astonishingly complete, fabulous read), concerning the Slavonic (Russian) Pseuepigrapha, but also has developed a website about it also, including an astonishing amount of texts (in Eglish mostly, but some in Russian as well. Read more about it and link to it here:

http://backyardprofessor.typepad.com/the_backyard_professor/

It makes me hunger for more.

Me too. Orlov is bringing out an enormous amount of materials in this field. He reminds me of the non-stop, total inclusiveness of the late Hugh Nibley, and I serously can't think of a higher compliment to hand the man. I will be researching the materials on his site for quite some time, and incorporating it into my own research on my blog. He has informed me in some email exchanges we have had that he will be constantly adding and updating this also. It's one of the high priority sites I have marked for use.

Archived