Facsimile 3

David Bokovoy

Real interesting stuff here. I know that the Egyptian is part of the presentation scene in the "Book of Breathings", but the Sumerian parallel is something I never quite placed in its similiarity.

Real interesting stuff here. I know that the Egyptian is part of the presentation scene in the "Book of Breathings", but the Sumerian parallel is something I never quite placed in its similarity.

I find the Sumerian parallel especially intriguing from the Ur III time period when the deity seated upon the throne in the presentation scene is actually the divinized Sumerian king.

This concept of a mortal enthronement as a divine ruler surfaces in several biblical texts including Psalm 45:6-7 where apparently in reference to the mortal king, the Psalmist declares:

Here's a similiar one...

ealchemy.jpg

In each case the initiate is brought before the god, Enki who secures that individuals salvation. I know that some have suggested that Egyptian religion had been effected by Sumerian influences and this just lends to that assumption.

Is there a previous thread with background on this topic because I'm completely lost. Are the Mesopotamian (or Sumerian) scrolls showing some kind of religious ceremony or is it the King only doing these things? What is the date of the Mesopotamian scrolls? Are they anywhere around the time of Abraham, or slightly before? Inquiring minds want to know!

I know that some have suggested that Egyptian religion had been effected by Sumerian influences and this just lends to that assumption.

Isn't that a given? Mesopotamia influenced Egypt in bronze, art, shipbuilding techniques and writing. Why not religion as well?

Not necessarily. It has always been assumed that Egyptian religion rose without too much influence. The unique thing about these seals and papyri is that show a direct similiarity in form and content.

I was a little disappointed in the analysis by Irene Winter, whom you quoted as follows:

The approaching individual usually wears a simple fringed garment draped over one shoulder, and one arm at least is bent at the elbow, the hand raised almost to the lips in what seems to be a gesture of greeting.

"What seems to be a gesture of greeting" is obviously

fig.3.gif

And thus Prince of Pharoah in the guise of the Goddess of the Great Mean guides Pharaoh's servant to the throne, where sits Abraham, sitting in Pharoah's seat as god-king on earth in the guise of the Firstfruits of the Resurrection but supported by Pharaoh in the guise of the Goddess of the Resurrection, as the servant of Prince of Pharoah looks on in the guise of the God of the Judgment.

David and others -

Thanks for posting this. Please keep posting your "tid bits" to the message board. There are few of us who can make informed replies to your posts but there are *many* that read them and are educated!

Jan

Connolly:

WOW!

Thats all I can say.

Another lucky guess on Jospeh's part? I think not.

What the heck are you people talking about? Joseph Smith said absolutely nothing about the Temple. He said it was Abraham sitting on the throne, with the Pharaoh standing behind him. If Pahoah is "the king", then according to Joseph, the king isn't even on the throne. And he has a Prince of Pharoah, Shulem the waiter, and Olimlah the slave holding hands and waving (and apparently Olimnah took this chance to get a squeeze of Shulem). And they are "reasoning upon the principles of Astronomy".

Connolly, what are you inferring that Joseph smith "guessed"? From David's post, it seems Joseph got everything wrong.

And if this is some sort of ceremony related to the Temple, would this mean that blacks were allowed to participate in Abraham's day?

Fig. 1. Abraham sitting upon Pharaoh

And they are "reasoning upon the principles of Astronomy[.]"

You bring up a good point, and one I hadn't focused on before.

I am provisionally pleased and convinced by Kerry "Lord of all that is . . . in the Gem State" Shirts' thesis that the players in the drama depicted on facsimile 3 are in the guise of or have taken on the qualities of the god/goddess depicted, but that begs the question of JSJr.'s depiction of a temple-related scene having to do with astronomy.

I'm not quite sure how to account for it, but I can definitely make some educated guesses . . . inside the Temple. Outside? All I can say at this point is that cosmology may have been more what JSJr had in mind.

James Clifford Miller:

Kerry:

This part of your argument has now become outdated and answered. I shall have my Sunstone paper in either the March or May edition for you to puruse at your leisure. He is allowing me FULL range, all footnotes, total argument, all 25 pages of it. I am rather pleased to hear this.............. check your Sunstone...........

So do you think that Figure 4 is "King Pharaoh" or the goddess Maat? And how about the rest of the misidentifications?

James Clifford Miller

millerjamesc@cox.net

Archived