Seriously No Politics ×

Hitler Baptized

GravyBoat

This discussion was started in the fellowship forum.

The topic was why was Hitler allowed to be baptized? Why does the Church have temple records on this man when he did something so heinous?

Here's the original thread.

There is a listing for Hitler in the PRF, but not in the IGI.

I suppose you can look at it in a couple of ways:

Hitler's being baptized illustrates the possibility of forgiveness for even the vilest of sinners.

At the same time, who on earth had the idea to submit Hitler's name for proxy work? That's like putting up a neon sign over your head saying, "Look at me! I'm a Nazi!"

I suppose you can look at it in a couple of ways:

Hitler's being baptized illustrates the possibility of forgiveness for even the vilest of sinners.

At the same time, who on earth had the idea to submit Hitler's name for proxy work? That's like putting up a neon sign over your head saying, "Look at me! I'm a Nazi!"

I'm starting to think it was some skinhead who had the nerve to baptize Hitler.

The point is, dim, he wasn't! So all the speculation isn't worthwhile.

And what's wrong with someone (the someone(s) who did AH's proxy work) having faith that G-d's grace is so profound that even someone as depraved as AH has hope of a Kingdom of Glory?

There is a listing for Hitler in the PRF, but not in the IGI.

I'll admit that I'm not familiar with the acronyms listed.

And what's wrong with someone (the someone(s) who did AH's proxy work) having faith that G-d's grace is so profound that even someone as depraved as AH has hope of a Kingdom of Glory?

Yeah, he probably does deserve some place in the Kingdom of God...as long as it's below ALL OF THE JEWS HE MURDERED.

The point is, dim, he wasn't! So all the speculation isn't worthwhile.

According to several sources, he was, though the records may have been removed from the IGI.

Here's one source:

In October 1998, McAreavy was able to obtain copies of LDS temple ordinance records for Adolf Hitler and Eva Braun from Philip Roberts of the North American Mission Board of the Southern Baptist Convention. These IGI (International Genealogical Index) copies reveal that Adolf Hitler was "baptized" and "endowed" on December 10, 1993, and "sealed" to his parents on March 12, 1994. These events took place in the London Temple, England. Robert's copies also show that Hitler was "sealed" to Braun on September 28, 1993, in the Jordan River Temple, Utah, and on June 14, 1994, in the Los Angeles Temple. Roberts sent copies of these records to Ashton.

As I said, I could look at it either way. I personally could not imagine submitting those names.

GravyBoat:

Hilter was one of vilest, meanest, most contemptable man ever to darken this world. But even he is capable of repenting(Though I have no idea as to how), and having a place with God.

I take the Lords command that we are to forgive ALL men, and leave the judging to Him quite seriously. All I know is that I have more than enough sins in my life that just working on them is enough to keep me busy for a LLLLOOOONNNNGGGG time.

Hey, everyone should be baptized, but I think the point is there are probably other names that should get "picked" to do work for before Hitler. When we find alot of high profile names on the list that members have put on the list, it kinda has a celebrity tinge to it to me that seems like maybe not the way we want go about finding names really. By popularity or infamy.

what about all the poor schmucks who just didn't do anything infamous enough to get a high profile and who lived regular lives and didn't mass murder anyone? I say, hey, let those folks get in line ahead of the mass murder for getting their ordinance done. Some of the people on the list do make you just raise your eyebrows though-like Ghengis Kahn! That one always makes me sorta giggle.

I mean, the church basically is very overt about telling people to just stick to their families at this point for a reason. Now if like we got a member who's family includes HItler-eh, I could understand that much, much better. That would make sense.

Sorry, gravyboat. The PRF is the Pedigree Resource File. This contains pedigrees and information submitted by people. There is no accuracy check, but it can be informative with that caveat. The IGI is the International Genealogical Index. These are names submitted to the Church for ordinance work. They are both available at familysearch.org.

Someone evidently submitted Hitler's name with other genalogical information, parents, spouse, etc. , for information only. Since his name does not appear in the IGI, it means his name was not submitted for ordinance work. He was not baptized.

In LDS teaching, Hitler will have to fully pay for all of his unrepented of sins in Spirit Prison/hell. He will suffer even as Christ suffered (D&C 19), and will dwell in hell until every little sin is paid for.

After his punishment is full, why is there any point to wish eternal hell to someone that may/may not deserve it? I am glad that Jesus is judging me, and not Gravy Boat.

Will Hitler achieve exaltation? Probably not. But given that I do not know all of his circumstances, I cannot judge him. I can only judge the evil of many of his acts, and pray no one acts so evil again. Unfortunately, mass killings and genocide continues to this day.

Only God can determine an individual's final destination. I am grateful for that, as there are many that would condemn all Mormons to hell for eternity. IOW, some would place us where others would place Hitler and Stalin. I am thankful I am not the eternal judge for any of us, including the Hitlers in this world.

Has temple work been done for Adolph Hilter? Maybe, maybe not. If it has not been done yet, I believe it will be done before the end of the Millenium because I believe that baptism is required for everyone before they will be able to be resurrected.

Having reviewed the posts on the Fellowship, it surprised me that no one mentioned one seminal fact about Adolph Hitler. Sure, his works on this earth were atrocious. But remember, he is a child of our Father in Heaven. He was present in the pre-existence, and made righteous choices that allowed him to come to the earth and continue on the path to eternal progression. Surely, he will have to suffer for his sins because it is unlikely that the blood of Christ will atone for them. But after he has suffered the penalty, I believe he will receive an inheritance of the eternal reward to which he is entitled as a result of his righteousness in the pre-existence.

Just my thoughts. I can certainly understand others not wanting to believe it.

dim, I know. But when you enter Hitler's name in the search, only ancestral file, PRF, and a website come up. There is no listing for the IGI. It would still be listed, even though you cannot sign in and access all the data.

I'll admit that I'm not familiar with the acronyms listed.

It means that people have done Family History work (linked ancestors and so forth).

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/search/fra...archresults.asp

But there is no proof that Hitler had any temple work done for him. Not Baptism for the dead or anything like it.

This makes the discussion have no foundation. I think even if Hitler were to be baptized, I don

dim, I know. But when you enter Hitler's name in the search, only ancestral file, PRF, and a website come up. There is no listing for the IGI. It would still be listed, even though you cannot sign in and access all the data.

You're quite right. I wasn't thinking.

That said, I read several sources that said that it was in the IGI but has since been removed. Obviously, that is now impossible to verify.

Would that mean he was excommunicated by proxy? :P

I don't care about Hitler, but I once had a dream that Mr. Rogers(yes, that one) would be in the Celestial Kingdom. This was shortly after he died. Now the only way that's ever going to happen is if somebody gets his temple work done. We should stop wasting our time on people who comitted henious crimes and honestly seek out the dead who want to be saved. More importantly, we should worry about our ancestors. For all we know one of Hitler's family(possibly distant) felt the same need to submit his name, perhaps they desired he would repent, or it's even possible that they thought he was justified.

Yeah, he probably does deserve some place in the Kingdom of God...as long as it's below ALL OF THE JEWS HE MURDERED.

What? No tears for the Poles and Russians?

Jigglysaint, you make a good point. Hitler could have had family who submitted his work to be done. That is what we have all been taught to do, submit names of ancestors and family members for work to be done. If this was submitted by a family member, should they be denied just because of his well know evilness on earth? For anyone else, we would submit the work and leave the judgement to God. Why should his case be any different?

No, I am not the one who submitted his name. :P

We should stop wasting our time on people who committed heinous crimes and honestly seek out the dead who want to be saved

Sorry to pick on you jiggly saint but I think this comment typifies a lot of the sentiment on this thread. That is, why should we worry about the wicked? Shouldn't we just seek out the righteous dead and baptize them?

This line of thinking is so small and incredibly unbecoming of a Saint. Did not the Lord command in the Doctrine and Covenants 64: 10 I, the Lord, will forgive whom I will forgive, but of you it is required to forgive all men.

Notice the words ALL MEN. This includes men Like Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, and Charles Manson.

Sure what they did was horrible and evil, but I do not believe we have the right to stop their chance at progression just because we despise what we did. If you carry out this line of thinking out to its extreme then perhaps we should not do temple work for the person who committed adultery or robed a bank. I guess in the end we should not do temple work at all. For are we all not sinners before the Lord. And what if Hitler honestly wants to be saved? How do we know he doesn

Wow. This is one embarrassing thread (and I'm not even LDS). Such callous, oblivious tone (with the exception of Paul and maybe a few others). Who needs anti-mormons while ya'll are putting their efforts to shame?

Somebody hurry and do the temple work for the 9/11 hijackers!

Do Osama's work too (you'll have to wait 'til he dies first)

Has anybody done Ted Bundy's temple work yet? Get a move on!

Hurry and write down this name: Dean Schwartzmiller. He'll need your help to have his temple work done after he dies in prison for molesting or planning to molest 36,000 children and the disgusting beast recorded it all in his diary.

Pure lunacy.

Archived