Seriously No Politics ×

Jesus Christ

Tanyan

Clearly you interpretation is not even close to fitting scripture ... Timothy nevers says that Jesus is God

Tomothy says that God was manifest in the flesh...i.e. Jesus was made flesh. Unless you're saying the Father was manifest in the flesh, which would be incorrect.

LDS4EVER    writes,

This really requires no thought so I'm not sure why you are having a problem with this.

I am a human.

I have a son.

My son is also human.

that's two humans.

The Father is God.

He has a Son.

His Son is also God.

That/s two Gods.

That is two persons that have the one nature of God or one God in two persons.

LDS4EVER    writes,

Tomothy says that God was manifest in the flesh...i.e. Jesus was made flesh. Unless you're saying the Father was manifest in the flesh, which would be incorrect.

"the Word" was made flesh ... I am saying "the Word of life" was manifest in the flesh (1John 1:1,2) ... God was in Christ. (2Cor 5:19)

:P

Ok, one more time so even the simple minded can understand.

I am a human.

I have a son.

My son is also human.

that's two humans.

The Father is God.

He has a Son.

His Son is also God.

That's two Gods.

both male.

LDS4EVER    writes,

This really requires no thought so I'm not sure why you are having a problem with this.

I am a human.

I have a son.

My son is also human.

that's two humans.

The Father is God.

He has a Son.

His Son is also God.

That/s two Gods.

And I guess LDS4EVER and his son are one human in two persons...

Del

LDS4EVER    writes,

I'm having trouble keeping up with you here...so Jesus isn't God?

Again ... I believe Jesus is the Son of the Father and he is God himself just like other Trinitarians. I believe what the Catholic Church teaches which is:

454 The title "Son of God" signifies the unique and eternal relationship of Jesus Christ to God his Father: he is the only Son of the Father (cf. Jn 1:14, 18; 3:16, 18); he is God himself (cf. Jn 1:1). To be a Christian, one must believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God (cf. Acts 8:37; 1 Jn 2:23).

My brain hurts.

If Jesus is male and He and God are the same person, doesn't that mean God is male? Also, if Christ has a body of flesh and bone and is the same as God, wouldn't that mean the Father has a body of flesh and bone too? I had a conversation with a friend about Heavenly Father having a body of flesh and bone and my friend said, "OK. Where's He hiding out?" I said, "I don't know. Where's Christ hiding out with His body of flesh and bone?"

God the Father is a man. Jesus Christ is a man. If they didn't have male characteristics, I don't think they would be referred to as the Father and the Son.

MorningStar

MorningStar  writes,

If Jesus is male and He and God are the same person, doesn't that mean God is male?

The trinity does not reveal they are the same person ... they are "one in being" ... God was in Christ (2Cor 5:19)

God the Father is a man. Jesus Christ is a man. If they didn't have male characteristics, I don't think they would be referred to as the Father and the Son.

The Bible does not reveal that God the Father is a man ... the Bible does reveal that Jesus is a man.

For discussion on the reference to Father and Son see the earlier discussion in this post.

Corithians 5:16 brings alot of this into focus when Paul says what he does about flesh, which is gender------it is ALL by the SPIRIT and if you only see God or Jesus as fleshly persons---well then IMHO----you don't know God

I love that quick translation that flesh = gender. Stretching again aren't we Roman. Once again having to go extra biblical to explain your un-biblical belief in the almighty "girly-man" god of no gender.

LDS4EVER    writes,

God the Father

and

God Jesus

thus

Two God...

Both male.

It makes two Gods for those who do not believe the words of Timothy.

We believe that Jesus is the Son of God so we must be Christian. Thanks for clarfying that...unless you change your mind again.

The Mormon Son of God is not the Son of God reveal throughout the Bible.

makes two Gods for those who do not believe the words of Timothy.

In your narrow and incorrect interpretation. My interpretation is very much consistant with Timothy and the rest of the bible.

The Mormon Son of God is not the Son of God reveal throughout the Bible.

Oh my, that was clever and original.

LDS4EVER    writes, 

In your narrow and incorrect interpretation. My interpretation is very much consistant with Timothy and the rest of the bible.

Timothy says God was manifest in the flesh ... you say Jesus was manifest in the flesh ... how is this consistant?

Write this down ... I believe Jesus is the Son of the Father and he is God himself just like other Trinitarians. I believe what the Catholic Church teaches which is:

Ok, writing this down. "Jesus is God."

God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself (2Cor 5:19). In Jesus dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily (Col 2:9)

Does this mean Jesus isn't God?

:P<_<:unsure::ph34r:

God the Father = God

God the Son = God

Ooooooooooooone ... Twoooooooooooooo ...

I got that from the Bible.

:P

I also learned from the Bible that Jesus prays to His Father in Heaven. It's amazing how similar the Mormon Jesus is to the Jesus in the Bible! They were both born in Bethlehem, they were both born of a virgin named Mary, they were both baptized by John the Baptist, they were both crucified, and they were both resurrected three days later!!!!!! That's like the biggest coincidence I've ever heard of. OH! There's more! They both walked on water, they both raised some guy named Lazarus from the dead, they both healed the sick, they both fasted for 40 days, they both gave a sermon on the mount (and they were identical), they both had 12 disciples with the SAME EXACT NAMES and they were BOTH betrayed by a man named Judas and denied three times by a man named Peter! They were even born on the same day and died on the same day and were resurrected on the SAME DAY!

Those Jesuseseseses could've been best friends!

<_<

MorningStar

LDS4EVER    writes, 

Ok, writing this down. "Jesus is God."

I thought you said that the Father is God ... would this mean Jesus is the Father ...

Does this mean Jesus isn't God?

It means that God was in Christ and that the fulness of the Godhead dwelt bodily.

and don't forget Morning Star. They are male.

Got to keep the thread on subject.

THEY'RE MALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:P<_<:unsure::ph34r::angry::blink:

There ya go!

cool.gif

MorningStar

I thought you said that the Father is God

The Father is God

... would this mean Jesus is the Father ...

No, it means Jesus is the Son of God., and God himself, just as you said He is.

It means that God was in Christ and that the fulness of the Godhead dwelt bodily.

God was in Christ?

Jesus is the Son of God and God himself,

so Jesus who is also God was in himself?

MorningStar  writes,

God the Father = God

God the Son = God

Ooooooooooooone ... Twoooooooooooooo ...

Two what's ??

Are you saying that the Father is the Son if the Father is God and the Son is God.

I also learned from the Bible that Jesus prays to His Father in Heaven.

The Trinity reveals that the Father is not the Son.

It's amazing how similar the Mormon Jesus is to the Jesus in the Bible!

The Mormon Jesus is a creature just like Satan is a creature ... the Jesus in the Bible is not a creature but is the creator of Satan.

Archived