Seriously No Politics ×

What is going on at BYU?

9 hours ago, rockpond said:

I wouldn't consider this hate speech either.  But it is inappropriate to deface someone's authorized campus poster with unauthorized signs.  Whomever taped those papers to the newsstand likely thought that they were doing the right thing in supposedly standing up for church doctrine but I believe they were breaking BYU rules (and thus the honor code) in so doing.

I welcome correction if things have changed and students are now allowed to post signs on campus without receiving proper permission.

How has the sign been defaced?

11 hours ago, MiserereNobis said:

Abortion must be legal and there must be abortion providers, since the LDS church believes that abortion is morally acceptable in the case of rape, incest, and danger to the mother.

(I'm the Catholic who sometimes likes to needle LDS on their abortion exceptions 😛)

I don't understand why anyone would have a problem with abortion when the life of the mother is at risk. If the mom dies, so does the baby.  Not sure how that is better than keeping one life around.

1 hour ago, carbon dioxide said:

I don't understand why anyone would have a problem with abortion when the life of the mother is at risk. If the mom dies, so does the baby.  Not sure how that is better than keeping one life around.

Let's start with defending the LDS view of the right to abortion in the case of rape or incest. Why kill the fetus because its father was a terrible person?

23 hours ago, OGHoosier said:

I'm currently a student at BYU. This was not a LGBTQ+ event, this was a publication of the on-campus, student-written, faculty-overseen  political quarterly, the BYU Political Review. They've become controversial recently. The last issue featured a defense of the legality of abortion (with a few claims that they were not endorsing it as a morally right position, just one that should be legal.) This most recent issue, which came out this week, featured as the cover article a piece expressing support for additional legal protections for LGBTQ+. While it did not directly endorse gay marriage as a morally acceptable stance, it defended its legality and advocated for, among other things, making LGBTQ+ a "federally protected class" and equality legislation regarding adoption by LGBTQ+ couples. The rainbow-background on the news stand was the front cover of the piece.

The Political Review has a few conservative authors but overall bends hard to the left, which isn't a problem on it's own, but when it comes to social issues, as demonstrated above, they do play a little fast and loose with Church positions on various matters. If BYU is paying for the printing of this publication, I would like to have that reviewed as I don't think tithing funds should be used for this.

As for the charge that it's "hate," the word hate has lost all meaning these days as everybody and their dog uses it to decry people who disagree with them on moral issues. I don't have enough time to be bothered every time somebody calls me or my coreligionists out as "hateful". 

I do have a copy of the article in my possession. Not sure if I'm allowed to scan an image of it and post it here but I'll see if I can so you can review it for yourself. 

Edit: Just checked out the Twitter thread. Absolutely freaking hilarious. What a fetid cesspool. 

It's comical that you find supporting legal rights for all people, and supporting the laws as they currently exist in the US, is "hard left".

It's fine that you don't think church tithing funds should pay for speech you don't agree with, but I don't think tithing funds should be used to subsidize the education of people who oppose the legal, lawful rights of others. I guess none of us gets everything we want ;) 

But yes, maybe "hate" gets thrown around too often to describe opposition. On the other hand, I wonder how you would feel if others advocated for the suppression of your legal rights based on your religion, race, creed, nationality etc.

Edited by HappyJackWagon
12 hours ago, carbon dioxide said:

There are two related reasons, in my view, for the "no exceptions" dogma. First, it's the outcome of the assertion that the life of a fetus is of absolutely equal value to the life of a born person. To say there can be exceptions in the case of a threat to the life of the mother is to say that the life of the mother takes priority, or that the life of the fetus is of comparably lesser value, even if only marginally. That undermines the argument that the fetus is of equal value, so someone concerned with asserting the absolute equality of a fetus and any born person might feel compelled to insist that that relative inequality cannot exist. Here's where the second reason comes in. Most reasonable people would recognize that that leads to the nonsensical decision to put both lives at risk, but to assert the "no exceptions" dogma is socio-culturally "costly" precisely because of that nonsensical position. Things that are "costly" are risky, but doing costly things also signals to members of an ideological group that someone is willing to take on risk in the name of the group, and is therefore deeply committed to the group. This is called costly signaling. In the cognitive sciences, it's referred to as a credibility enhancing display. Most of this decision-making takes place on an intuitive (subconscious) level, meaning we're not consciously aware of the underlying motivations, but people would be surprised how much of their decision making is influenced by those intuitions. Anyway, it's ultimately a silly thing to assert, but because it signals deeper commitment to other members of an ideological group, it's a pretty secure means of improving one's standing within that group, and after enough people assert it, it becomes an identity marker, or a minimum standard to be considered a member in good standing within the group. 

On 11/8/2019 at 5:47 AM, Avatar4321 said:

Controversial new hate speech.

Aparently, someone put up a picture of President Nelson, a quote, and the Proclamation by a poster for an lgtb event on campus and this is "hate". 

EIs-MoeUUAACRHL.jpeg

I love it.  It speaks for itself...and BYU...love it!!  Don't make a big deal out of this...it is progress within.

On 11/8/2019 at 12:22 PM, rockpond said:

Yes.  What's your point?

Ripped down posters, defaced posters, permanent marker comments scribbled over offending posters, and counter-message poster pasted over each other are regular features on campus bulletin boards. Usually with a liberal cocktail of obscenities thrown in for added effect. This BYU thingy is nothing in comparison.

I’m comparing my observations from University of Washington, Evergreen State College, Pierce College, Bellevue College, Central and Western Washington Universities. Not so much with some schools I have seen the South. 

On 11/8/2019 at 11:44 AM, MiserereNobis said:

Abortion must be legal and there must be abortion providers, since the LDS church believes that abortion is morally acceptable in the case of rape, incest, and danger to the mother.

The church doesn't believe anything of the sort.   It chooses not to discipline, probably because a) they've received inspiration not to; or haven't received inspiration to, or because there is no doctrine on exactly when the spirit enters the body or maybe because the Church determines that these issues and decisions can only be fairly judged by God.  But the LDS Church just doesn't take a position, which is way different from "believes that abortion is morally acceptable".

42 minutes ago, Bernard Gui said:

Ripped down posters, defaced posters, permanent marker comments scribbled over offending posters, and counter-message poster pasted over each other are regular features on campus bulletin boards. Usually with a liberal cocktail of obscenities thrown in for added effect. This BYU thingy is nothing in comparison.

I’m comparing my observations from University of Washington, Evergreen State College, Pierce College, Bellevue College, Central and Western Washington Universities. Not so much with some schools I have seen the South. 

I hold my alma mater, BYU, to a higher standard. 

55 minutes ago, rpn said:

The church doesn't believe anything of the sort.   It chooses not to discipline, probably because a) they've received inspiration not to; or haven't received inspiration to, or because there is no doctrine on exactly when the spirit enters the body or maybe because the Church determines that these issues and decisions can only be fairly judged by God.  But the LDS Church just doesn't take a position, which is way different from "believes that abortion is morally acceptable".

I didn't say morally required. I said morally acceptable. If a woman who is raped prays and decides that God is ok with her having an abortion, doesn't the LDS church agree that it is acceptable then to have one?

Aparently, someone put up a picture of President Nelson, a quote, and the Proclamation by a poster for an lgtb event on campus and this is "hate". 

EIs-MoeUUAACRHL.jpeg

Hate may be too strong of a word. But self-righteous and petty seems accurate.

i looked up the articles this was pinned up on (it was on lgbt protections still needed in the US and internationally. Only one part of it even talk about lgbt families). This made the focus then seem at best only marginally related and reactive to bringing up lgbt issues. I was trying to think of a parallel that fit tthis...like talking about legal and or family concerns for interracial couples and posting and old quote from a GA about marrying within the group. But the one that fit it best for me was something I experienced on my mission with a couple of evangelicals when we went door to door. One specifically Welcomed us into his home, brought his young teen/child into the room and proceeded to use us as living examples as to why mormons were biblically wrong. Not wanting to bible-bash, especially in front if his child, we calmly took it for a tiny bit, had a prayer and were kindly saying goodbye. Before we left he made a point to say that he usually would tell someone “god speed!” But since he didn’t believe we were doing to Lords work he wouldn’t do so. It was unnecessary, petty, and self-righteous. We already knew he strongly disagreed with us, we were trying to be kind while sharing our beliefs, but he went out of his way to drive his point just a little further. 

Nearly everyone at BYU is likely to know the church’s stance on lgbt concerns, some are likely to disagree with them to an extent, and one specifically wrote and article on an adjacent topic of legal protections still needed for lgbt communities. Instead of really engaging in meaningful dialogue or submitting a response about the article, the person tacks a quote and slots in the proc to overstate a point in an inappropriate fashion. It doesn’t actually help or create dialogue. It just make him/her and those who agree with them feel good about themselves by reaffirming their beliefs over another.

thus self-righteous and petty

with luv, 

BD

EIs-MoeUUAACRHL.jpeg

I wish I had any confidence whatsoever that this isn't either an LGBT or "Ally" individual trying to generate additional bad press for the Church/BYU.  Could it be genuine? Sure. With all the talk on that thread of people ready to stake out the area on the 6th and 7th and then no follow-up since then? I'm suspicious.

23 hours ago, MiserereNobis said:

I didn't say morally required. I said morally acceptable. If a woman who is raped prays and decides that God is ok with her having an abortion, doesn't the LDS church agree that it is acceptable then to have one?

Again NO.  The church just doesn't discipline  it does not agree with the mother's decision or "accept it morally". 

46 minutes ago, rpn said:

Again NO.  The church just doesn't discipline  it does not agree with the mother's decision or "accept it morally". 

What do you define "justify" as if not "morally acceptable"?  (Actual question, not rhetorical) Also, what are the implications for you of advising decisions be made in consultations with church leaders, decisions that include the possibility of a "justified" abortion?

Church leaders have said that some exceptional circumstances may justify an abortion, such as when pregnancy is the result of incest or rape, when the life or health of the mother is judged by competent medical authority to be in serious jeopardy, or when the fetus is known by competent medical authority to have severe defects that will not allow the baby to survive beyond birth. But even these circumstances do not automatically justify an abortion. Those who face such circumstances should consider abortion only after consulting with their local Church leaders and receiving a confirmation through earnest prayer.

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/manual/gospel-topics/abortion?lang=eng

Edited by Calm
38 minutes ago, Calm said:

What do you define "justify" as if not "morally acceptable"?  Also, what are the implications for you of advising decisions be made in consultations with church leaders, decisions that include the possibility of a "justified" abortion?

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/manual/gospel-topics/abortion?lang=eng

I agree, “justify” implies morally acceptable.

If Bishop Jones would normally discipline Sister Smith for having an abortion but, as a matter of church policy, he does not discipline her when she aborts a fetus conceived through rape, it does imply moral acceptability.  Or, at the very least, it implies that in our limited mortal view, we’re going to accept it as okay... and Sister Smith and God can work through it over a pot of herbal tea in the post-existence. 

Edited by rockpond
On 11/8/2019 at 8:05 PM, Avatar4321 said:

How has the sign been defaced?

On 11/8/2019 at 9:40 PM, rockpond said:

The two signs were taped over it. 

I’ve not been following this discussion exhaustively, but I have viewed the photo that was posted here. It appears from that photo that the original poster was not damaged in any way. Furthermore, the items taped to it were placed in such a way as to not cover up any material content in the poster, and that the only reason they were placed on the poster at all is that it covered the full expanse of the display stand and there would have been nowhere else on the display stand to place them. Indeed, it appears that whoever placed the later items was thoughtful  enough to not alter or obscure any content on the original poster. 

I must conclude, therefore, that rockpond’s accusation of “defacement” is overwrought. I don’t know what specific provision of the BYU honor code he is applying here, but it strikes me  that his accusation of honor code violation is overwrought as well. 

Edited by Scott Lloyd
45 minutes ago, Scott Lloyd said:

I’ve not been following this discussion exhaustively, but I have viewed the photo that was posted here. It appears from that photo that the original poster was not damaged in any way. Furthermore, the items taped to it were placed in such a way as to not cover up any material content in the poster, and that the only reason they were placed on the poster at all is that it covered the full expanse of the display stand and there would have been nowhere else on the display stand to place them. Indeed, it appears that whoever placed the later items was thoughtful  enough to not alter or obscure any content on the original poster. 

I must conclude, therefore, that rockpond’s accusation of “defacement” is overwrought. I don’t know what specific provision of the BYU honor code he is applying here, but it strikes me  that his accusation of honor code violation is overwrought as well. 

I responded regarding the facts of what had happened.  I also noted that referring to this as hate speech was incorrect.  There was nothing overwrought in my comments as I didn’t make a big deal of this. 

I’ve pasted below, for reference, the first part of the BYU Honor Code.  While I appreciate differing opinions, especially on a college campus, it should be done in the right way.  What was done in this case, while not a big deal, was nevertheless a violation of campus policies and demonstrated a lack of respect.

As I also said, this is my alma mater and a special campus, I hold it to a high standard.

Honor Code Statement

We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men....If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things. (Thirteenth Article of Faith.)

As a matter of personal commitment, the faculty, administration, staff, and students of Brigham Young University, Brigham Young University-Hawaii, BYU-I, and LDS Business College seek to demonstrate in daily living on and off-campus those moral virtues encompassed in the gospel of Jesus Christ, and will:

• Be honest
  • Live a chaste and virtuous life
  • Obey the law and all campus policies
  • Use clean language
  • Respect others
  • Abstain from alcoholic beverages, tobacco, tea, coffee, and substance abuse
  • Participate regularly in church services
  • Observe Dress and Grooming Standards
  • Encourage others in their commitment to comply with the Honor Code
34 minutes ago, rockpond said:

I responded regarding the facts of what had happened.  I also noted that referring to this as hate speech was incorrect.  There was nothing overwrought in my comments as I didn’t make a big deal of this. 

I’ve pasted below, for reference, the first part of the BYU Honor Code.  While I appreciate differing opinions, especially on a college campus, it should be done in the right way.  What was done in this case, while not a big deal, was nevertheless a violation of campus policies and demonstrated a lack of respect.

As I also said, this is my alma mater and a special campus, I hold it to a high standard.

Honor Code Statement

We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men....If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things. (Thirteenth Article of Faith.)

As a matter of personal commitment, the faculty, administration, staff, and students of Brigham Young University, Brigham Young University-Hawaii, BYU-I, and LDS Business College seek to demonstrate in daily living on and off-campus those moral virtues encompassed in the gospel of Jesus Christ, and will:

• Be honest
  • Live a chaste and virtuous life
  • Obey the law and all campus policies
  • Use clean language
  • Respect others
  • Abstain from alcoholic beverages, tobacco, tea, coffee, and substance abuse
  • Participate regularly in church services
  • Observe Dress and Grooming Standards
  • Encourage others in their commitment to comply with the Honor Code

The only part of the above that I see <might> apply in this instance is the point about obeying campus policies. Is there a specific campus policy that forbids absolutely the placing of content adjacent to a poster? That’s not a rhetorical question; I really don’t know. 

In any event, I stand by my opinion that the accusation was overwrought. Nothing was defaced. Nothing or no one was disrespected, unless you regard publicizing an opposing view as disrespect 

Doesn’t bother me.  It looks like it is the kind of press faithful members of the church want. More hostility towards the gay community.   Is this really a surprise?

1 hour ago, california boy said:

Doesn’t bother me.  It looks like it is the kind of press faithful members of the church want. More hostility towards the gay community.   Is this really a surprise?

It is also the kind of Press (allegation of hate/discrimination/bias)  that has been proven to be self inflicted over and over again in the past few years. 

Edited by provoman
3 hours ago, Scott Lloyd said:

The only part of the above that I see <might> apply in this instance is the point about obeying campus policies. Is there a specific campus policy that forbids absolutely the placing of content adjacent to a poster? That’s not a rhetorical question; I really don’t know. 

In any event, I stand by my opinion that the accusation was overwrought. Nothing was defaced. Nothing or no one was disrespected, unless you regard publicizing an opposing view as disrespect 

Unless there is some agreed upon "only the definition from ______ dictionary", then any argument against rockpond seems lacking

for instance

de·face

(dĭ-fās′)

tr.v. de·facedde·fac·ingde·fac·es
1. To mar or spoil the appearance or surface of; disfigure.
2. To impair the usefulness, value, or influence of.
3. Obsolete To obliterate; destroy.

"spoil the appearance or surface of; disfigure"   Seems to me both happened, and as such use the word defaced is acceptable.
11 minutes ago, provoman said:

It is also the kind of Press (allegation of hate/discrimination/bias)  that has been proven to be self inflicted over and over again in the past few years. 

Yep.

For example:

# Date Summary Source
1 09/21/2001 An Alaska-based Muslim destroyed his own print shop, defacing the equipment with anti-Muslim graffiti Michelle Malkin
2 10/01/2001 An ASU student Ahmad Saad Nasim claimed he was assaulted, with the perps shouting "Die Muslim, Die!" but confessed to making it up. Michelle Malkin
3 05/30/2003 A Nashville Iraqi-American torched his own Chevy truck, blaming a hate crime (it was actually insurance fraud) Michelle Malkin
4 07/01/2003 A Muslim Utah hotel owned burned down his own lodge, falsely blaming local white supremacists Michelle Malkin
5 09/30/2004 A Texas-based Muslim set his own meat market on fire and spray painted "Go Home" on his door; he was later charged with arson The New York Times
6 02/06/2005 A Cleveland-based Muslim hired an arsonist to burn down his meat store; he blamed bigots but was convicted of insurance fraud Daniel Pipes
7 03/23/2005 A Muslim father-son due blamed anti-Islam bigotry for being put on a terror watch list (but the story was concocted) The Oregonian
8 05/09/2005 A Calif. high school student "faked a series of gay bashing incidents" against herself The Los Angeles Times
9 08/31/2006 A Muslim Ohio-based dad-son duo set their own restaurant on fire, blaming anti-Islam bigots (they were later charged with arson) Patrick Poole
10 03/02/2007 Ada, Okla. woman confesses anti-LGBT hate crime was faked Ada News
11 11/05/2007 A GWU student journalist faked an anti-Semitic hate crime against herself MyFoxDC
12 10/25/2008 John McCain staffer Ashley Todd claimed she was beat up by an Obama supporter, but later admitted making it up Huffington Post
13 12/22/2009 A Democratic activist, trying to create a Tea Party-driven hate crime, smashed the windows at the Colo. Democratic Party headquarters Michelle Malkin
14 06/11/2010 A British Muslim faked his own abduction, blaming racists The Daily Mail
15 07/08/2010 A Ga.-based Muslim set fire to his own mosque in an attempt to create a fake hate crime Associated Press
16 07/28/2010 Two British Muslims claimed bigotry explained being denied entry on a bus, but CCTV footage revealed they were berating the driver Daniel Pipes
17 11/18/2010 An Australian Muslim pulled over for irregular license plates blamed bigotry; police footage showed the cop behaved professionally The Daily Telegraph
18 10/23/2012 A black South Carolina woman wrote "KKK" on the hood of her car and set herself on fire, blaming it on others The Monroe Morning Star
19 02/02/2013 Austrian-Albanians torched their own pizzeria, but tried pinning the blame on racists Kurier
20 03/06/2013 An Asian American Oberlin student defaced a memorial arch with anti-Asian graffiti ("Death to Ch*nks") Michelle Malkin
21 05/01/2013 A liberal blogger at the University of Wyoming threatened herself with rape, framed conservatives Campus Reform
22 07/25/2013 An Iraqi immigrant in San Diego killed his wife, putting an anti-Muslim note next to her body; he was charged with first degree murder The San Diego Reader
23 08/23/2013 'Progressive pranksters' organized a series of fake hate crimes at Oberlin College including anti-gay graffiti and swastikas Michelle Malkin
24 11/14/2013 An imam in the south of France defaced his own mosque with anti-Muslim graffiti La Rep des Pyrenees
25 11/27/2013 A New Jersey waitress wrote an anti-gay note in lieu of a tip on a receipt, blaming hateful customers The Blaze
26 12/27/2013 Report: Man Who Claimed Anti-Gay Beat Down Arrested for Filing False Police Report The Daily Caller
27 10/21/2014 Two Muslim bloggers filmed themselves ostensibly being harassed by the NYPD in a video that went viral; however, it was staged The Smoking Gun
28 12/27/2014 A Fresno, Calif.-based Muslim torched his own mosque, blaming bigots; he was later arrested for arson PJ Media
29 03/03/2015 Gay rights activist's faked his own kidnapping, leading to arrest WLWT NBC 5
30 07/01/2015 Man Who Claimed Ant-Gay Attackers Carved 'Die Fag' into His Arm Made up Story The Daily Caller
31 10/13/2015 A gay man who claimed to have been the victim of a hate crime at a Univ. of N. Dakota fraternity party fabricated his entire stor The Daily Caller
32 11/18/2015 A black Saginaw Valley State Univ. student made a threat to "shoot every black person I can" The Washington Times
33 12/30/2015 A Houston Muslim set fire to his own mosque, prompting a hate-crime investigation The Houston Chronicle
34 02/27/2016 New York Students Fabricated Hate Crime, Police Say Time
35 03/11/2016 Lesbian Professor Cold-Cocked Her Own Face then Swore Random Guy Beat Her up at Tobey Keith Concert The Daily Caller
36 03/29/2016 A Palestinian reported a Jewish terrorists attacked his family, defacing their house with anti-Arab graffiti; he fabricated the entire incident Arutz Sheva
37 08/13/2016 An Austin man purchased a cake from Whole Foods and falsely claimed it contained a homophobic slur The American Statesman
38 11/15/2016 This Indiana church was defaced with ‘HEIL TRUMP’ graffiti — and is keeping it Washington Post
39 11/23/2016 ANOTHER TRUMP-INSPIRED ‘HATE CRIME’ TURNS OUT TO BE A HOAX The Daily Caller
40 12/01/2016 A 58-year-old black New Jersey man painted anti-black, pro-Trump graffiti in his neighborhood after Election Day The Philadelphia Inquirer
41 12/21/2016 Arab student at University of Michigan falsely claims someone threatened to set her on fire Michigan Radio
42 12/22/2016 Miss. black church fire was called a hate crime. Now parishioner has been arrested for it. The Washington Post
43 03/23/2017 College ‘Diversity Council’ Admits to Posting Fake Racist Flyers On Campus National Review
44 06/26/2017 Police Report Contradicts ‘Hate Crime’ Narrative In Milwaukee Attack On Muslim Woman Daily Caller
45 08/01/2017 Jackson LGBTQ rights activist charged with arson Fox News
46 09/13/2017 A Des Moines Muslim started a fire at a mosque, sparking a fake hate crime Michelle Malkin
47 09/13/2017 A Houston Muslim set fire to his own mosque, sparking a hate-crime investigation Michelle Malkin
48 09/13/2017 A New York Muslim who killed his wife falsely blamed "a group of bigots who called the family 'terrorists'" Michelle Malkin
49 09/13/2017 An Ontario Muslim faked an assault against himself, claiming his assailant shouted anti-Muslim epithets Michelle Malkin
50 09/13/2017 A Muslim Indiana State University professor for "fabricating anti-Muslim threats and an assault" Michelle Malkin
51 11/08/2017 A black student wrote those racist messages that shook the Air Force Academy, school says The Washington Post
52 04/23/2018 Racist, anti-black graffiti at Easter Michigan University turns turned out to be painted by a black man Detroit News
53 07/23/2018 Waiter faked story that customer wrote ‘We don’t tip terrorist’ on receipt The Washington Post
54 07/24/2018 A Muslim waiter in wrote "we don't tip terrorist" and blamed a patron, who was banned BBC
55 08/24/2018 Michigan children who claimed white man urinated on black girl and called her names made up story AL.com
56 10/06/2018 Shoelace mistaken for noose causes racial uproar at Michigan State University Fox News
57 12/01/2018 A black college lacrosse player spray painted the N word and death threats -- against himself The Daily Mail
58 02/12/2019 Actor Jussie Smollett claimed 2 Trump fanatics found him at 2 AM, beat him up, poured bleach on him, tied a noose around him, and yelled "This is MAGA country"; turns out he orchestrated it CBS News
59 02/25/2019 A transgender activist burned down his own home, killing his pets, presented it as a hate crime Detroit News
60 09/15/2019 Ex-NFL player accused of staging hate crime, painting 'MAGA' and swastikas on walls of bakery NBC News
61 09/30/2019 Virginia sixth-grader now says she falsely accused classmates of cutting her hair The Washington Post

See also...

A List of Fake Hate Crimes in the Trump Era

19 ‘Hate Crimes’ in Trump Era That Were Hoaxes or Different Than Media Suggested

The list of bogus ‘hate crimes’ in Trump era is long

Hate Crime Hoaxes are More Common than You Think

Thanks,

-Smac