Seriously No Politics ×

Mexican ambush kills family in massacre

Some things I learned from the above video, 1) banning weapons in a country ultimately helps the bad guys, 2) banning drugs in a country ultimately helps the bad guys, and 3) people who use illegal drugs have blood on their hands.  I think of all the peace-loving hippies smoking their Mexican pot...ignorant fools! 

1 hour ago, smac97 said:

He says, as an aside, that "Mormons aren't allowed to have guns,"

He may have been talking about Mexican law rather than religious practices.   The cartels all have guns illegally while the law abiding Mormons aren't allowed by law to own guns to protect themselves. 

4 minutes ago, MiserereNobis said:

The peace loving hippies I know are very aware of blood weed and so they buy from friends, grow their own, or buy from legal/medical places. It's been that way for years.

They grow a different kind of hippie in these parts of the woods...  

4 hours ago, The Nehor said:

Just please not another military action to fight a “war on drugs” please. I am afraid to Google this because I expect to see calls for it.

Edit: I googled it. I should not have. Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

A few drone strikes and Apache helicopters patrolling the area will help out a bit. 

5 minutes ago, poptart said:

More i post here more i realize how little i know and how much i like you guys.  If i had the likes of you around me when life was ruining me I'd have turned out different.

😊Nothing wrong with your exuberant self!!  You are so honest and sincere..that is refreshing!  We all have past lives that we wish we could change..but that is why we are here; to learn from each other. 

Edited to add:  My heart breaks for this family...and all the sadness and hate in the world that brings sorrow.

Edited by Jeanne
1 hour ago, smac97 said:

I have expectations of accuracy from news reporting services.

Thanks,

-Smac

I travel and explore the information terrain/topography, and have no expectation of full accuracy from almost any source, nor that I will agree totally with their take/perspective.  Though,  I do have hopes for encountering complete or even reasonable accuracy and unbiased reporting, but these are almost non-existent, if you really dig into any of them.

I'm a fairly non-judgemental person and don't get hung up on black-and-white expectations.  Just a different approach. 

1 hour ago, MiserereNobis said:

The peace loving hippies I know are very aware of blood weed and so they buy from friends, grow their own, or buy from legal/medical places. It's been that way for years.

Dare I admit it, I had roommates who used to grow their own sensimilla in our laundry room under grow lights.  Very sweet smelling.  Bay Area, of course.

3 hours ago, MiserereNobis said:

I live on the southern border and where I'm at it is NOT a war zone at all.

These murders took place in Mexico, not in the US. They horrific, absolutely, but I just want to make sure that facts remain straight about where they happened.

I am talking about the “drug war”, and those in the U.S. who fuel it with their additions, and those willing to fill that need south of the border. I would have thought my comment made that crystal clear. If not, I hope this one does. Right now in the Atlanta area where I live, and once worked in law-enforcement, the drug trade is killing many. It is a “war zone”.   

Here's DT's reaction.  Now calm down.  I''m not posting these to trigger those of you who may suffer from TDS:

"This is the time for Mexico, with the help of the United States, to wage WAR on the drug cartels and wipe them off the face of the earth. We merely await a call from your great new president!"

"A wonderful family and friends from Utah got caught between two vicious drug cartels, who were shooting at each other, with the result being many great American people killed, including young children, and some missing. If Mexico needs or requests help in cleaning out these monsters, the United States stands ready, willing & able to get involved and do the job quickly and effectively. The great new President of Mexico has made this a big issue, but the cartels have become so large and powerful that you sometimes need an army to defeat an army!"

53 minutes ago, Jeanne said:

😊Nothing wrong with your exuberant self!!  You are so honest and sincere..that is refreshing!  We all have past lives that we wish we could change..but that is why we are here; to learn from each other. 

Edited to add:  My heart breaks for this family...and all the sadness and hate in the world that brings sorrow.

All well and good till family infighting happens, literally saw half of my blood relatives turn rotten.

19 minutes ago, Bill “Papa” Lee said:

I am talking about the “drug war”, and those in the U.S. who fuel it with their additions, and those willing to fill that need south of the border. I would have thought my comment made that crystal clear. If not, I hope this one does. Right now in the Atlanta area where I live, and once worked in law-enforcement, the drug trade is killing many. It is a “war zone”.   

Same here.  I dunno, have cop cousins who are all for throwing poor urban youth in jail with felony charges but he lives in a safe wasp suburb thats still relatively safe, for now.

What bothers me besides the taxes that costs is how gangs and cartels often end up hiring felons like that.  No one will hire them and their time in jail made them better criminals. 

Copying this off an email without a link, will try and find it:

The following was posted by family and friends of the victims:

On the morning of November 4th, 2019, three mothers in three vehicles, with fourteen children between them, set out from LaMora, a small family community in the mountains of northeastern Sonora. Two of them to see family in Chihuahua, and one of them to pick up her husband from the airport in Phoenix, AZ. They never made it. They were ambushed by the Mexican cartels; shot, burned, and murdered in cold blood. These were innocent civilians, American citizens simply trying to live peaceful lives.

For 11 hours, their families all over Sonora, Chihuahua, and the Midwestern US waited in fear and horror for any news of possible survivors. The first vehicle was found full of bullet holes and completely ablaze. Nita and the four of her seven children she had taken on the trip were burned to mostly ashes and only a few charred bones left to identify that all five had been inside. It appeared that one tried to escape as the front passenger door was open and the remains were partially in and out of the vehicle.

On another part of the road, about 10 miles ahead, were Christina, with her baby Faith in her vehicle, and Dawna with nine children in hers. They both were fired upon from ahead and Christina jumped out waving her arms to let the attackers know that it was women and children in the vehicles. She gave her life to try and save the rest. Dawna and two of her boys were also killed in the gunfire.

After witnessing his mother and brothers being shot dead, Dawna's son Devin hid his 6 other siblings in the bushes and covered them with branches to keep them safe while he went for help. When he took too long to return, his 9 year old sister left the remaining five to try again. Devin arrived in LaMora at 5:30 pm, 6 hours after the ambush, giving the first news anyone had heard of his and Christina's families.

Devin's uncles armed themselves with guns and returned to try and find the hidden children, knowing many of them were injured. They didn't get far before realizing they would be risking death, since there had been continual shooting for hours, all over the mountains near LaMora. The group of men waited a while for reinforcements, and around 7:30, found the hidden children. They found Christina's baby Faith with the vehicle around her riddled with bullet holes. Somehow she had remained untouched, and alive. She was in her car seat, which looked to have been hurriedly placed on the floor of the vehicle by her mother for protection.

The search didn't end there. Mckenzie, the 9 year old who'd gone for help, was missing. Soldiers who'd by then arrived, and the men of LaMora and nearby towns searched for two hours in the dark until they found her around 9:30.

The five of Dawna's children who were injured were picked up by a waiting ambulance and treated at the local hospital until a helicopter sent by Mexican military came to pick them up. Their father David who had by then arrived from Tucson, Arizona, accompanied them to be life flighted to another helicopter waiting at the US border, from there to be transported to Phoenix.

Devin, his brother Jake, and Christina's baby Faith, all uninjured, are now in the care of their aunts and grandmas in LaMora.

We lost 9 today. Right now we are waiting, for the morning, for answers, for justice.

Dead:

Rhonita Maria Miller September 15, 1989, 30 yrs
Howard Jacob Miller, Jr. July 12, 2007, 12 yrs
Krystal Bellaine Miller, September 25, 2009 10 yrs
Titus Alvin Miller, March 13, 2019 - 8 months
Tiana Gricel Miller, March 13, 2019 - 8 months
(twins)
All shot and burned in their vehicle. Only ashes and a few bones remain.

Father/husband is Howard Sr, who was in North Dakota at the time of attack. The three siblings left behind in LaMora being babysat at the Miller grandparents: Tristan, Amaryllis, and Zack.

Dead:

Christina Marie Langford Johnson - November 23, 1987, shot dead, 19 days away from 32 years

Survived:

Faith Marie Johnson April 9, 2019, 7 months old - was found in her car seat that seemed to be put on the floor, by her mother to try and protect her, uninjured,

Dead:

Dawna Ray Langford, June 19, 1976, 43 years
Trevor Harvey Langford April 4, 2008 11 years old,
Rogan Jay Langford, February 17, 2017 2.5 years old
All shot to death

Survived
Kylie Evelyn Langford, March 8 2005, 14 years - shot in the foot

Devin Blake Langford, July 6 2006, 13 years - uninjured, walked approximately 14 miles to LaMora to get help, after hiding his bleeding but living siblings in the bushes, and covering them with branches

Mckenzie Rayne Langford, January 12 2010, - 9 years - grazed on her arm- sent by her sister Kylie for help when Devin didn't return soon enough, got lost, and walked approximately 10 miles, for about 4 hours in the dark before she was found by the search parties

Cody Greyson Langford, October 1 2011, 8 years- shot in the jaw, and the leg, his condition was worrying, but at last word, not critical

Jake Ryder Langford, May 22 2013, 6 - uninjured

Xander Boe Langford, June 4 2015, 4 - shot in the back

Brixon Oliver Langford, February 15th 2019, almost 9 months - shot in the chest, open flesh wound, bullet graze on wrist

This is from a discussion of family and friends, don't know if accurate (they had been sharing updates):

It was no accident! The Chihuahua cartel murdered them knowing they were women and children. There was no Crossfire at the time that the women and children were murdered. the Sonora Mafia showed up after the fact and then engaged in a fire fight that lasted all afternoon. The fighting started after the murders.

GoFundMe page (no guarantee it is for real from me, haven't checked it yet) and tributes here:

https://heavy.com/news/2019/11/lebaron-family-murders-names-photos-tributes/

The above post and quote are from a Facebook page of a relative.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3166038050135949&id=100001893543765  (there are too many comments for me to find the one in this post I quoted, so don't know who posted it or if it is accurate)

Go Fund Me listed on her page:

https://www.gofundme.com/url_shortener/u/whdqc4?fbclid=IwAR2GU4UrVgWYyENVAI943McBhwTqFlKZxuWQZLD44MCR7fvh6XBQDuNix2s

Edited by Calm
4 hours ago, carbon dioxide said:

A few drone strikes and Apache helicopters patrolling the area will help out a bit. 

Yes, gunships and flying death robots attacking people in yet another nation will surely bring victory and stabilize things THIS TIME!

I have a suspicion on who is in charge:

3 hours ago, blarsen said:

Here's DT's reaction.  Now calm down.  I''m not posting these to trigger those of you who may suffer from TDS:

"This is the time for Mexico, with the help of the United States, to wage WAR on the drug cartels and wipe them off the face of the earth. We merely await a call from your great new president!"

"A wonderful family and friends from Utah got caught between two vicious drug cartels, who were shooting at each other, with the result being many great American people killed, including young children, and some missing. If Mexico needs or requests help in cleaning out these monsters, the United States stands ready, willing & able to get involved and do the job quickly and effectively. The great new President of Mexico has made this a big issue, but the cartels have become so large and powerful that you sometimes need an army to defeat an army!"

Like how we needed an army to beat an army in Syria?

And quick and effective is exactly how I would describe the US military’s track record in counterinsurgency operations going all the way back as far as Vietnam.

Did Mexico add “great new” to their Chief Executive’s title?

Mexico's president seems less than inclined to take that route:

"At the end of this press conference, I will communicate with [Trump] to inform him [about the incident]. I will thank him for his support and we will discuss if we need assistance. I do not believe that we will. It's Mexico's responsibility," he said.

“We don’t think that by opening fire, massacring, using force, blood and fire, we will resolve this problem".

https://10daily.com.au/news/world/a191105auvkr/the-tragic-violent-history-of-mormon-family-killed-by-the-cartel-20191106

López Obrador thanked Trump, but he said pursuing the criminals was "a matter of sovereignty" for Mexico. The leftist leader has criticized U.S.-backed offensives against organized crime groups over the past 13 years and has emphasized addressing the causes of violence with social programs

https://www.thetelegraph.com/news/article/At-least-7-members-of-Mormon-family-brutally-14810203.php

For some reason Lopez Obrador's rejection of help seems to be getting a lot less play that Trump's wanting to declare war and even is written as if he could be accepting when actually politely thanking him for the offer, but no thanks....

Edited by Calm
13 minutes ago, strappinglad said:

Sure, nothing will soften the hearts of the kind of people who gladly shoot and burn 8 month old twins like a good social program. 

There are long term solutions to try prevent the arising of a new group from claiming the place of those who were removed and short term, removing those being violent in the here and now.  It is not fair to suggest he thinks the first solutions will work for the second cases.

I have no clue how Mexico could get out of this horror.

Edited by Calm
36 minutes ago, strappinglad said:

The BoM shows 2 different approaches to the problem. The Nephite way and the Lamanite way. 

Do you think either way could work in today's world? (Serious question...I also would like to know of examples of longterm success that wasn't moving the problem into someone else's yard)

Edited by Calm
3 hours ago, The Nehor said:

Did Mexico add “great new” to their Chief Executive’s titl

That's Trump's style.  It obviously grates on you.  Norman Vincent Peale was allegedly his main pastor when he was young.