Sign in to follow this  
Calm

New video of faith crisis and the process of coming back

I generally don't like videos, think they are often too staged or too emotional.  This hit a practically perfect balance for me, very authentic, vulnerable, and thoughtful and no cuteness or warm fuzzies, imo....but actual deep warmth.

I wish there was a text, but in this case I do believe hearing it helps the communication greatly.

https://m.facebook.com/watch/?v=737375270022843&_rdr

Around 4 minutes iirc

Edited by Calm
  • Like 4

Thank you for sharing that.  I like the steps that he took and the things he remembered that helped him get the answers he needed.  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, InCognitus said:

Thank you for sharing that.  I like the steps that he took and the things he remembered that helped him get the answers he needed.  

The recognition it didn't just fall in his lap...lots of good points.

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing. I liked that one.

Changed mind.

Edited by Tacenda

Off topic

Edited by Calm

2 minutes ago, Calm said:

I don’t recommend that site myself, Tac. They are setting people up for more crisis with some of their answers, imo.  It supports creationism among other things. 

Sorry, I can delete it. I do like this video you shared. He is very genuine.

7 minutes ago, Tacenda said:

Sorry, I can delete it. I do like this video you shared. He is very genuine.

I would appreciate it, feels like it detracts from the video. 

Edited by Calm

A very dear friend sent this to me last night. We've never had a conversation about my changed beliefs and so it was "out if the blue" the way she just messaged the link, albeit with with an "I love you." 

I asked her if she wanted to discuss the video, she said she didn't and changed the subject. At least we were both able to reiterate our affection for each other. That is what's important to me.

• Like 2

dealing with ontology and epistemology, exodus stories

"a slow sunrise over months of making choices to believe that light came back".  

"that fact that it has helped me think of other people."

"times when I was growing up and the book of mormon brought peace"

"I thought I was intellecutally honest - I wasn't honest about "all these other things" - maybe there is a god. and god is loving?"

"remember that experience you had on your mission - when you were baptized."

I can say more than "i choose to believe"

"I have so many questions"
AofF #9

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/media-library/images/meme-articles-faith-ninth-1567825?lang=eng

"God can take the biggest train wrecks in our lives and he can make something beautiful out of them."

Edited by blueglass
  • Like 1

On 11/1/2019 at 9:21 PM, Calm said:

I generally don't like videos, think they are often too staged or too emotional.  This hit a practically perfect balance for me, very authentic, vulnerable, and thoughtful and no cuteness or warm fuzzies, imo....but actual deep warmth.

I wish there was a text, but in this case I do believe hearing it helps the communication greatly.

https://m.facebook.com/watch/?v=737375270022843&_rdr

Around 4 minutes iirc

After 50 years of inactivity, my niece is coming back. It involves the recent death of her husband for whom she cared at home for six years after a debilitating stroke. She wants to be with him forever and recalling her sealing to her parents when she was a child sparked a flame.  What a great blessing for her and our family. I wish she could tell her story, but it has not been a pleasant journey and she is a very private person.

Edited by Bernard Gui
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, Metis_LDS said:

I only found out why I stopped going to Church because after going back and being faithful the Lord gave me a personal revelation on why I really stopped going and it was most correct.  I was humbled that the Lord knows me better than I know myself.  

Would you be open to sharing more of your story? Obviously, we don't need to know why you really stopped going, but I am very interested in the process you went through both to get this answer, accept the answer, and even before that to be in a position where you would be willing to go back to church and even try to get / accept an answer.

If you don't feel comfortable sharing, that's fine as well. And either way, thanks!

• Like 2