Seriously No Politics ×

General Conference April 2020 -- It's On like Donkey Kong

I put on FB that Joseph Smith will make an appearance and I bet $38.50 he'd be there. I doubt it but maybe a direct descendant? but probably something like speaking from these remote locations, "memorable and unforgettable" sure, but narley? no way

13 minutes ago, Duncan said:

I put on FB that Joseph Smith will make an appearance and I bet $38.50 he'd be there. I doubt it but maybe a direct descendant? but probably something like speaking from these remote locations, "memorable and unforgettable" sure, but narley? no way

I believe the correct enunciation is: guh-narly like that's so gnarly, man!

1 hour ago, nuclearfuels said:

I heard a lot of hotels in Palmyra, NY were booked out after Oct. 2019 Gen. Conf. 

Thinking about heading up there myself, takes about 6 hours.

Heard from our missionaries that some people are going to Adam ondi Ahman for the April 2020 Gen. Conf. - seems a bit  much to me but, to each his own.

I'm wondering what if any speculation y'all may have heard?

I've heard speculation that Joseph Smith will be there (I imagine he will be but not as a resurrected being), that the Savior might appear there (I honestly hope He doesn't as I need more time to fix some stuff).

I speculate there will be sessions or speakers broadcast from Palmyra area historical sites. President Kimball spoke from the Peter Whitmer Farm back in 1980 for the 150 year celebration.

3 hours ago, JAHS said:

Actually there are no Hotels in Palmyra. There's one Best Western motel and a few Bed and Breakfasts. 

Just for fun, I checked to see if I could get a reservation at that Best Western that is close to the Smith Family Farm and Sacred Grove...

It is totally sold out the weekend of general conference (first weekend of April 2020).

So I checked the weekends immediately before and after -- tons of available rooms those weekends.

Since my first thought was also that they might do a Gen Conf broadcast from the Sacred Grove, I'm not surprised that others thought to book the hotel. Or, maybe, that's where the church leaders and support staff are all staying.  The website says the hotel was renovated just last year.  I could see the church having booked the whole thing as a production headquarters/lodging if they are actually going to do a broadcast from there.  Obviously speculation but it makes sense.

1 hour ago, rockpond said:

Just for fun, I checked to see if I could get a reservation at that Best Western that is close to the Smith Family Farm and Sacred Grove...

It is totally sold out the weekend of general conference (first weekend of April 2020).

So I checked the weekends immediately before and after -- tons of available rooms those weekends.

Since my first thought was also that they might do a Gen Conf broadcast from the Sacred Grove, I'm not surprised that others thought to book the hotel. Or, maybe, that's where the church leaders and support staff are all staying.  The website says the hotel was renovated just last year.  I could see the church having booked the whole thing as a production headquarters/lodging if they are actually going to do a broadcast from there.  Obviously speculation but it makes sense.

what about Sharon, VT? anything available? I wonder if the recent trip to New England of Pres. Ballard and Elder Christofferson they were "silent notes taking" of things?

48 minutes ago, Robert F. Smith said:

Is that really Captain Kidd week?  And is there gold in them there hills?

http://www.palmyrany.com/pirates/2019/home.htm 

Gold plates anyway, in a cavern in that thar hill... I kidd you not!

The memory of Captain Kidd is alive and well, of all places, in Joisey: https://wildwoodsnj.com/event/captain-kidd-pirate-day/ Ev'ry yea-ah! Funny, nobuddy ain't nevah got no guido pirates -- wasssa matta wit' dem?

4 hours ago, MiserereNobis said:

I predict the broadcast will be from Vatican City, where the pope will baptize the apostles and announce the creation of a new Rite in the Catholic Church: the Mormon Rite, with President Nelson as the Patriarch of the Rite. You can all retain business suits as priestly vestments ;) 

OK, but we can't drink the wine 🙂

7 hours ago, MiserereNobis said:

I predict the broadcast will be from Vatican City, where the pope will baptize the apostles and announce the creation of a new Rite in the Catholic Church: the Mormon Rite, with President Nelson as the Patriarch of the Rite. You can all retain business suits as priestly vestments ;) 

Not necessary.  They are already wearing their priestly vestments under it all, 24-7.