Seriously No Politics ×

Sombrero Roller blader slurpee guy

Duncan

So my city got totally dumped on with snow for like 3 days and caused all kinds of damage, the Premier is declaring a state of emergency. Anyways, amidst all the power outages, snow, downed trees, chaos all over the city this guy emerges...

23 hours ago, Duncan said:

So my city got totally dumped on with snow for like 3 days and caused all kinds of damage, the Premier is declaring a state of emergency. Anyways, amidst all the power outages, snow, downed trees, chaos all over the city this guy emerges...

Is this earlier than normal for Winnipeg?

22 minutes ago, Duncan said:

yep! it has happened in the past but very rare, it's melting though and now all the clean up 

I'm working in Reno these days.  We've already seen snow in the Sierra twice with a skiff clear down to the valley floor.  Folks here are telling me it's definitely early here too.

There was one year in Calgary we got snow every month (first week in July, last day or two in August).  Enough flakes so we knew it was snowing, but never built up.  Not sure how common that was (1 year out of the 13 we were there).

I miss the winters.  If it is going to snow, then make it a few feet deep at least (I wouldn't wish it if it actually made a difference given the problems lots of snow can bring)....and a chinook to melt it off when it has hung around enough to start looking dirty.

https://cwf.ca/news/blog/five-facts-about-chinooks-natures-gift-to-calgary/

On 10/12/2019 at 11:36 PM, Duncan said:

Well, I can say it now. “Lord, I have seen enough, to know I have seen too much”. :)