Seriously No Politics ×

Truck spills beer in church parking lot

JAHS

"A semi-truck carrying Bud Lite beer spilled its load Thursday in a parking lot owned by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Sgt. Jason Neilsen with the Sandy Police Department says the semi was heading northbound on 1300 East. At the same time, a pickup heading westbound on 11400 South ran a red light at the intersection.
The pickup hit the semi, causing it to roll off the road and into the church parking lot. "The driver of the semi was transported to the hospital with minor injuries, according to Neilsen.
Hazmat was called to the scene because diesel fuel spilled onto the pavement."

Well at least they can be fairly certain it won't be stolen by church goers.  🙂 
beer.jpg.344d9a7dcf1df264bea8d357f33708c4.jpg

5 minutes ago, MiserereNobis said:

Are you sure they didn't call hazmat because of the beer? ;)

Actually, after thinking about, Bud Lite is horrible stuff. I'd call hazmat on it, too. 

Actually hasmat did come because diesel fuel was also spilled.  Hmmm    Diesel fuel + Light beer. That's what I call a mixed drink.

1 hour ago, JAHS said:

"A semi-truck carrying Bud Lite beer spilled its load Thursday in a parking lot owned by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Sgt. Jason Neilsen with the Sandy Police Department says the semi was heading northbound on 1300 East. At the same time, a pickup heading westbound on 11400 South ran a red light at the intersection.
The pickup hit the semi, causing it to roll off the road and into the church parking lot. "The driver of the semi was transported to the hospital with minor injuries, according to Neilsen.

Or so we hope. :) 

1 hour ago, MiserereNobis said:

Actually, after thinking about, Bud Lite is horrible stuff. I'd call hazmat on it, too. 

1 hour ago, JAHS said:

Actually hasmat did come because diesel fuel was also spilled.  Hmmm    Diesel fuel + Light beer. That's what I call a mixed drink.

Are we sure this was Lite Beer?  That quoted part of the article doesn't say.  I can't read the article because I'm in "wrong region".  Yes, the EU is messing with us in the UK.

2 hours ago, JAHS said:

I like that you said "fairly certain".

There's always those WoW doubters...

This happened on my street, a few blocks from my house.

Students at my daughter's high school were delayed in getting to school because of the traffic jam.

Contrary to what it says here, KSL reported that the driver sustained serious chest injuries and had to be extricated before being transported to the hospital.

Not so easy to joke about when it happens so close to home. 

Edited by Scott Lloyd
20 minutes ago, Scott Lloyd said:

This happened on my street, a few blocks from my house.

Students at my daughter's high school were delayed in getting to school because of the traffic jam.

Contrary to what it says here, KSL reported that the driver sustained serious chest injuries and had to be extricated before being transported to the hospital.

Not so easy to joke about when it happens so close to home. 

It looks like a mess, and depending on the time of day, many people could have hurt.  

Beer has a unique smell. Something I don't appreciate.  I hope things clean up well.

On 10/11/2019 at 7:56 AM, Scott Lloyd said:

That joke is so old it has white whiskers growing on it. And it was never very funny to begin with. 

Oh sure it was.  Truth is generally pretty funny.  And as evidenced by the J. Golden Kimball coffee anecdote it's often true.

7 hours ago, JLHPROF said:

Oh sure it was.  Truth is generally pretty funny.  And as evidenced by the J. Golden Kimball coffee anecdote it's often true.

It’s maybe true among hypocrites and closet apostates. But this paints the entire faith group with that broad brush. Is that how you want us to be viewed? I wouldn’t appreciate it if the target were Catholics or Jews or even Evangelical Christians who tend to be the most querulous against our faith. Why should I tolerate it if the target is the covenant people of God?

Edited by Scott Lloyd
2 hours ago, strappinglad said:

I live in a majority LDS area . Non - Mormon aquaintances  see our biggest hypocrisy when it comes to paying bills in a timely manner. For some members , they take the Law of communal property to mean all should share in their poverty . No hurry to pay debts fully . 

I see this attitude from time to time in expecting other members to volunteer professional skills even if they can pay for it or for non crucial to life requests if they can’t.

On 10/10/2019 at 3:43 PM, MiserereNobis said:

Beat me too it, bud lite is disgusting. 

1 hour ago, Calm said:

I see this attitude from time to time in expecting other members to volunteer professional skills even if they can pay for it or for non crucial to life requests if they can’t.

Protestants/non denominational people do it too, my cousin told he horror stories about one congregation they went to a long time ago, some guy wanted them to do a 15k job for 5k, didn't even include materials.  Moment my cousin got tired of trying to be cheated and said no the pastor griped at him, saying he was defrauding a brother in Christ. 

One thing I'll give mass, you show up, stand, kneel, stand, kneel, feel bad, take the eucharist then go home (joking, lot more to it also It's quite pleasant, awesome music too) none of the lovey dovey stuff and the chances for exploitation that follow. 

23 hours ago, strappinglad said:

I live in a majority LDS area . Non - Mormon aquaintances  see our biggest hypocrisy when it comes to paying bills in a timely manner. For some members , they take the Law of communal property to mean all should share in their poverty . No hurry to pay debts fully . 

One of my pet peeves is when people come in and ask for welfare help after they have accumulated late fees and want the church to help cover those too. How could I have known my rent payment was coming up? It is not as if it is expected to be paid at the same time of the month or every month or anything. Ugh!

19 hours ago, poptart said:

Beat me too it, bud lite is disgusting. 

Protestants/non denominational people do it too, my cousin told he horror stories about one congregation they went to a long time ago, some guy wanted them to do a 15k job for 5k, didn't even include materials.  Moment my cousin got tired of trying to be cheated and said no the pastor griped at him, saying he was defrauding a brother in Christ. 

One thing I'll give mass, you show up, stand, kneel, stand, kneel, feel bad, take the eucharist then go home (joking, lot more to it also It's quite pleasant, awesome music too) none of the lovey dovey stuff and the chances for exploitation that follow. 

This can be an issue. Knew a bishop in the medical field and people tried to get free routine healthcare.

I have a friend (member) with an autoshop and I go there because I know he is fair. Members often ask for him to come over and ‘look at their car’ and expect it to be fixed. He stopped helping. IT people have it bad too as looking at their computer seems so easy but I have had people get perturbed after I mess with it for five minutes and tell them the problem and what it would cost to replace something and how much I would charge to do the swap. I am glad I do not do IT anymore. Except that one senior missionary couple because she would give me the best freshly baked bread when I fixed things. I miss that bread............

Edited by The Nehor
On 10/13/2019 at 11:27 AM, strappinglad said:

That's because they are told to pay tithing first, and they have to figure out how to pay the bills afterward.