Seriously No Politics ×

Thoughts on conference

1 hour ago, Avatar4321 said:

A thread for us to discuss what we think of conference

Interesting announcement in the morning session, eh? It’s bound to impact all of us. And very soon, too. Did you see the shock on the faces in the congregation?

If we were alert, though, we should have seen this one coming. 

I can’t wait to see how it all rolls out. Probably the biggest thing in the history of the Church since the 1978 revelation. 

Edited by Scott Lloyd
9 hours ago, Scott Lloyd said:

Interesting announcement in the morning session, eh?

Ha ha. The morning session just started and I'm listening to the TabChTempSqr singing the opening hymn.  Yer tryin' to prank us, aintcha? :D 

8 minutes ago, Tacenda said:

Watching conference, just now the speaker showed a video with a man holding a bag with holes and coins falling through. I dislike the church's new videos like this, reminds me of the JW's videos. 

I guess I didn't see that...  Good morning... when I listened to Jeffrey Holland, Tacenda, I thought of you and hoped you were watching and hearing his message... 

GG

43 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

President Oaks is clearly in apostasy. No mention of the great truths we learn in "Embraced by the Light" in his comments on what we know of the Spirit World.

You mean "Taken in by the Light"?

Great job she did on that.

My nephew on my husband's side was the other missionary that helped baptize the Amish, watched the show between conferences. He wasn't the one speaking, but was the one on the far right in the photo of them at their baptism. 

46 minutes ago, JLHPROF said:

You mean "Taken in by the Light"?

Great job she did on that.

You could be being sarcastic and I'm just not getting it, but if not, he probably means Embraced by the Light by Betty Eadie (a member of the church).  She wrote it in 1992 and it was a huge bestseller for years.   :D 

Edited by bluebell
2 minutes ago, juliann said:

I’m a bit shocked over Pres Oaks’ mocking woman with a concern about having to live with her husband’s first wife in heaven. The audience joined in with laughter. Not his best moment. 

Was he trying to make a joke or did the audience just take it that way? It really hit me wrong as I am sealed to a man who is also sealed to his first wife.