Seriously No Politics ×

Do you wear "Sunday best" when you watch conference at home?

Usually my usual getup, carpenter jeans and a "cowboy" shirt.  And as usual I don't wear my hat in the house.

For the first session I am sometimes in my pajamas, though.  And sometimes I watch it while still laying in bed.  My wife and I are empty nesters now so we can get away with a little more without having to worry about what the children might think.

Oh and of course a pair of my garments of the holy priesthood.  I wouldn't want to be caught dead watching General Conference without a pair of those on.

Edited by Ahab
1 hour ago, The Nehor said:

Don’t watch conference or don’t wear clothing?

I usually go t-shirt and sleep shorts or sweats. I usually have my sugar gliders in a pouch hanging on my neck too. They get annoyed at some of the music and make this sound:

I’ve had the dream before where I’ve found myself without clothes at work.  I wonder if any conference speaker has ever had a similar dream 🤔

3 minutes ago, Scott Lloyd said:

Surely you’re joking. 

Nope, his description is accurate,  the little girls have bows in their neat and tidy hair.  The mom's top translates to "dress" for me, though the fabric it appears to be (lightweight and flowy) certainly can be used in shirts, but it looks higher quality from what little can be seen.

2 minutes ago, Calm said:

Nope, his description is accurate,  the little girls have bows in their neat and tidy hair.  The mom's top translates to "dress" for me, though the fabric it appears to be (lightweight and flowy) certainly can be used in shirts, but it looks higher quality from what little can be seen.

I prefer to do it like this:

image.jpeg.4fc952fbaf4de08fe6111889cbcc0a26.jpeg

or like this:

image.jpeg.b41c857b645b2774e4937de15ea1df1f.jpeg

I wear a suit and tie six, sometimes seven, days per week. They're not my 'Sunday best'; they're my work clothes. Watching General Conference at home only became an option for me in October last year. I love it! I especially love how it sanctified my home.

We just wear non-work clothes, which for me is jeans, a T-shirt and a hooded jumper. I think whoever staged the photo for the website went the 'safe' route ...

Edited by Hamba Tuhan
2 hours ago, Nacho2dope said:

We wear comfortable clothes. Has there ever been any direction given on this?

Only what you see in church produced photos of a family watching it.
Here is what they say about attending at the Conference center:
"Admission to the Conference Center is limited to those ages 8 or older for each session. No babies, please. Sunday dress is encouraged."

So even if you go in person you don't have to wear Sunday dress.