Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bede

Clark Goble passed away!

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, mfbukowski said:

Appropriate or not, one must be aware of security for his family, posting to such a vast audience about when his home will unoccupied.

 

It is posted on his Facebook page.

It would probably be a good idea these days for a family or church member or a neighbour to stay at the home whenever funerals are announced.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Calm said:

It is posted on his Facebook page.

It would probably be a good idea these days for a family or church member or a neighbour to stay at the home whenever funerals are announced.

This has become standard procedure where I am. Sad days. 

Share this post


Link to post

This is the least important thing, but I am going to really miss him posting on here and his blog posts. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I'm sorry to hear that and yet at the same time I rejoice that he has joined the angels

Edited by Avatar4321

Share this post


Link to post

Tragic news. I always appreciated his insight. I hope his family can find peace.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Till we meet again Clark.  You will be missed.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I very much appreciated his insightful and thoughtful posts. He will be missed.

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, MiserereNobis said:

I very much appreciated his insightful and thoughtful posts. He will be missed.

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him.

Requiem in pacem aternam

Edited by mfbukowski
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Saw this on another board. https://www.timesandseasons.org/harchive/2016/04/clark-goble-on-deck/index.html

He was quite accomplished! 

ETA: Here's another sweet article about Clark, and a picture that I believe he used as his avatar on here, if I'm not mistaken. The people over on Mormon Discussions are talking about him, and they have lots of respect for the guy. https://physicstoday.scitation.org/do/10.1063/PT.4.0310/full/

In the article he mentions Adobe, my husband's niece married a guy that worked there for a few years.

Edited by Tacenda

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks for posting those, Tacenda.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Tacenda said:

Saw this on another board. https://www.timesandseasons.org/harchive/2016/04/clark-goble-on-deck/index.html

 . . . . . .

ETA: Here's another sweet article about Clark, and a picture that I believe he used as his avatar on here, if I'm not mistaken. The people over on Mormon Discussions are talking about him, and they have lots of respect for the guy. https://physicstoday.scitation.org/do/10.1063/PT.4.0310/full/

Very thoughtful guy from my limited experience.  He can't have been much older than late 40s to early 50s.

Also surprised to learn of his physics/math background.  I would have liked to elicit his critique of the work of Dr. Steven Jones, former Full Prof. at BYU, under whom he probably studied, to see how it actually stood up to the science produced by Jones and many others.  Ah well.  Anyone know of any posts or other writings where he has delved into this subject?

Share this post


Link to post

He was 50.  I will see if I can find anything on Jones.  I don't remember anything here in depth, but my memory is not so reliable plus there is 15? years of posts and posters to file away in my brain.  Some stuff ends up in the wrong pile.

Edited by Calm
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

The more I’m reading about Clark from Internet sources, the more I wish I had known him on a personal, more intimate level. 

He was the owner of a gourmet chocolate company he and a friend had built, and he was a successful software developer. 

Like Clark, I have been an older father of young children, and I think we could have connected from that similarity in our backgrounds. 

I have a vague recollection that he one time invited me to come post at By Common Consent. I had neither the time nor the inclination, but I now regard it as a compliment. 

Edited by Scott Lloyd
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, Calm said:

He was 50.  I will see if I can find anything on Jones.  I don't remember anything here in depth, but my memory is not so reliable plus there is 15? years of posts and posters to file away in my brain.  Some stuff ends up in the wrong pile.

You might have guessed, I would be interested primarily on any critique he may have had regarding Jones' work on 9/11 science; but also on his work in Metal-Catalyzed Fusion, because Clark seems have interests along that line.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, blarsen said:

You might have guessed, I would be interested primarily on any critique he may have had regarding Jones' work on 9/11 science; but also on his work in Metal-Catalyzed Fusion, because Clark seems have interests along that line.

Not finding anything but what I sent you.  I suspect any discussion was in a private group or something now defunct....cyberspace is not eternal.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I am very sad to hear that a Clark has left for different shores. To me he was a thoughful and kind man and my heart goes out to his family.

Share this post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, Calm said:

Not finding anything but what I sent you.  I suspect any discussion was in a private group or something now defunct....cyberspace is not eternal.

Thanks for checking.  Just another loose end.  No bigee, but amplified for me when I learned of his physics/math background, in the face of his expressing a jaundiced opinion of Steve Jones in an earlier post . . .  which you may remember.  Still, RIP.  He seemed to be very assiduous in his investigations and deliberations.  A trait that always impresses me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

My deepest sympathies to his family. I remember him posting about being offline due to some health issues this last year, but I didn't expect this. My experience of Clark is that he was a very knowledgeable and respectful poster, and an excellent saint. His presence on the board will be missed. God speed brother. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, blarsen said:

Thanks for checking.  Just another loose end.  No bigee, but amplified for me when I learned of his physics/math background, in the face of his expressing a jaundiced opinion of Steve Jones in an earlier post . . .  which you may remember.  Still, RIP.  He seemed to be very assiduous in his investigations and deliberations.  A trait that always impresses me.

Well I am sure everyone is well aware of why folks may have a jaundiced view of Steve Jones- but it seems to me he did get the raw end of the BYU affair.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_E._Jones#Muon-catalyzed_fusion

I am pretty sure I do remember him (Clark) mentioning "cold fusion" at some point or other.  But I had no interest in the subject at the time.

But nothing about 911 that I recall.

Edited by mfbukowski

Share this post


Link to post

Oh no. 😢 This is devastating news. Mr. Goble was one of my favorite writers here, always seemed like a genuinely decent and kind and respectful man, contributing calm words of wisdom. I am so sorry to hear of his passing, especially at such a young age. Wish I had interacted with him more. I hope his family is able to find peace. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, blarsen said:

Thanks for checking.  Just another loose end.  No bigee, but amplified for me when I learned of his physics/math background, in the face of his expressing a jaundiced opinion of Steve Jones in an earlier post . . .  which you may remember.  Still, RIP.  He seemed to be very assiduous in his investigations and deliberations.  A trait that always impresses me.

He was at home dealing with truth as unbiased as anyone I have met while still being generally positive about people.  I am grateful he gave us so much of his time and I hope his family knows how he was valued and respected.

I am hoping to go Friday night so I can say it in person, but I am booked with a family gettogether and I am not quite sure of the time.

Edited by Calm
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I am very sorry to hear of his passing.  He was, and is, a good and decent man.  And a good example to me.

-Smac

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...