Sign in to follow this  
Bede

Clark Goble passed away!

Just in from the BCC Twitter

Anyone have any more details? 

I always loved his posts.

E26D3AFA-37C3-4D5C-B53D-32C6C2FAF5DD.jpeg

Edited by Bede

Our beloved poster Clark?  I’ve always respected him, and regarded him as one of the fine ones.  

My sincerest to his people.  I always enjoyed him

Horrible news.

He was one of my favorite posters here and truly a gentleman.

• Like 3

I always thought of Clark Gable when I read his avatar. Or was that his real name too. I had no idea of his authored articles on Times and Seasons. I'll do some reading. He was a great contributor on this discussion board. I wonder what happened. His last article was published on Aug. 30th, may he RIP. :(

If this is true it's extremely sad news. I was always interested to see what Clark thought.

• Like 2

Oh, no! I'm so sorry to hear this. I value his contributions here and this is a terrible loss!

• Like 2

:cray:- that's so sad.  Had he given any indication in a post?  His contributions were so intelligent and measured.  I'll miss him.

• Like 4

That is so incredibly sad.  He was one of my favorites, and I can only image how difficult it is for his family.  Didn't he have a small child with significant health injuries too?  His poor wife.

• Like 4

He was my favorite poster on this site. I am sad to find out this news

• Like 2

This is indeed a shock. He was a thoughtful and intelligent person and had in my view become a fixture here. 

I respect his courage to post under his real name. 

Edited by Scott Lloyd
  • Like 4

Is it appropriate to post the funeral arrangements here for those in Utah? This was such sad news and his poor wife and children. 

Edited by bsjkki
  • Like 2

Shocked and sorry to hear.   I am sure we will all miss his insight

21 minutes ago, bsjkki said:

Is it appropriate to post the funeral arrangements here for those in Utah? This was such sad news and his poor wife and children. 

"Funeral arrangements for Clark Goble:

Viewing Friday Sept 13 from 6-8 pm 
Viewing Saturday Sept 14 at 9:30 am
Family Prayer 10:45 am
Funeral 11 am 

LDS Chapel
1315 E 900 S
Provo, UT 84606

"

**I hope this is allowed.**

• Like 4

I'll be there to pay my respects to a brilliant scholar, who was always so thoughtful.  Learned a lot from him.  Seems he was posting here right up to the very end.

ETA:  Just realized that is my old Stake Center -- Provo Stake.  We probably attended Stake Conf there a number of times in the same room, and never realized it.

Edited by Robert F. Smith
  • Like 3

Always thoughtful posts.  He has been a distinctively well informed voice on the bloggernacle for many years.  But too young for such news.  He will be missed.

Kevin C.

• Like 3

Vaya con Dios, hermano.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bsjkki said:

It is appropriate.

Damn. 

This is the not so good part of having friends. 

Edited by Calm

1 hour ago, bsjkki said:

Appropriate or not, one must be aware of security for his family, posting to such a vast audience about when his home will unoccupied.

These are things we have to think about in California.  Of course it is up to the family, but I would get family permission before publishing it here for this reason

True tragedy.  Now I will have to meet him on the other side.  ;)  I knew he was ill.

5 minutes ago, mfbukowski said:

Appropriate or not, one must be aware of security for his family, posting to such a vast audience about when his home will unoccupied.

These are things we have to think about in California.  Of course it is up to the family, but I would get family permission before publishing it here for this reason

True tragedy.  Now I will have to meet him on the other side.  ;)  I knew he was ill.

It was already posted publicly, with his wife tagged.

• Like 4

So sad- he will be sorely missed.  We sparred a lot but it was always in the sphere of friendship, and he was a great student of philosophy especially its history.  He had no equal in that area I think.

• Like 4