Sign in to follow this  
nuclearfuels

What would you emphasize if you could speak in General Conference?

Seems like the epistles of Paul might be appropriate, as the apostasy then was followed by Rome's fall, followed by the Dark Ages.

Fullness of times' falling away won't be the Church as an organization but some of the Savior's followers in the Church, followed by very bad things/signs of the times/other?, and the Millenium.

• Like 2

A write-in campaign for my pay raise.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MiserereNobis said:

St. Thomas Aquinas, for sure.

I'm putting my vote in for Kierkegaard. Works of Love might as well be our next standard work. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, nuclearfuels said:

How communication with God is the path to all truth and every good idea and that people often pray and commune with God without realizing it.  And about how language can sometimes be a barrier to correctly communicating thoughts and feelings to other people which is why we should be careful about jumping to conclusions and give some more thought to what someone may mean when they say something.  

You know, the sometimes untold or not much talked about "secrets" of how revelation from God really works and how all of us can get better at communicating with him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bill “Papa” Lee said:

Nothing at all, that is no burden I would ever want to bare. 

For you and other shy people like you:

What would you like to see emphasized if you could have someone speak about it in General Conference?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ahab said:

For you and other shy people like you:

What would you like to see emphasized if you could have someone speak about it in General Conference?

Oddly enough, I am very shy “one on one”, but I have done a lot of Public Speaking, in the past, and still do a little from time to time. I am paid very well when I do so, (because of the material and topics) and the more in the room, the more at ease I get, because it is not, one on one. I would just never see myself as having the moral center, to tell Millions what they should do, or how they should live. But, if I had too, I would tell them, “go home, get lost AGAIN in the Holy Scriptures, and let them be your guide”. 

• Like 3

Maybe on how to become more spiritually mature.

• Like 4

Exaltation, perfection, is a work of grace from our Savior to us. We are human creatures, frail and weak fundamentally. Learn to forgive yourself and know that you each are capable of moments of greatness. Those are times when the Spirit actively leads you in choices of holiness and righteousness. At other times, you will fail due to your human condition and the conditions of this mortal existence. Do not berate yourself, but learn to forgive yourself as quickly as the Lord forgives you. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Amulek said:

I'm putting my vote in for Kierkegaard. Works of Love might as well be our next standard work. 

Now you're talking!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Duncan said:

I would emphasize Elder James E. Talmage's headstone comment, "Within the Gospel of Jesus Christ there is a room and place for every truth thus far learned by man or is yet to be made known"

As long as it is not philosophy or humanism, of course....  ;)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nuclearfuels said:

What would you emphasize if you could speak in General Conference?......................

I'd assume that it was all a terrible mistake or misunderstanding, get up to the lectern, bear my testimony, and get out of Dodge.

• Like 2

Topic: In which ways did the Nephites sin? Why is it , when they fell, so did everything other nearby civilization? How does that relate to us now?

• Like 2

How we are each and all the body of Christ, and a more clear teaching on the symbolism of the Sacrament.

• Like 2

I would tell the people in the balcony to stay through the closing prayer.

• Like 2

Honestly people need to stop judging so much. Work on themselves and focus on being a better person and doing better in your family, neighborhood and community.  

• Like 3

Asking people to trust Heavenly Father - asking Him if there is more understanding we can get on things we might think we understand (like Elder Scott) and getting his help to accept his will if He decides not to share more or if He decides it is ok to share enough that it really changes us.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Maidservant said:

How we are each and all the body of Christ, and a more clear teaching on the symbolism of the Sacrament.

I wanna start a thread on that one, do you wanna start it? Been  thinking about that a lot lately. 

• Like 1