Sign in to follow this  
marineland

Christ at the premortal council

16 minutes ago, Ahab said:

As a resurrected man and a resurrected woman who are sealed together as husband and wife reproduce themselves or parts of themselves into new spiritual creations. otherwise known as spiritual babies.

Do you view this as a type of spiritual sex?

2 minutes ago, MiserereNobis said:

Do you view this as a type of spiritual sex?

I suppose it could be called that, and unless they've come up with a better way to do it my wife and I plan to keep doing things the way we already know how.  

Supposedly it's going to be a lot less painful for the women when actually giving birth.  Our Father said something about how Eve's pain would be increased when she gave birth, after the fall, so supposedly before the fall it wouldn't have been as painful.

I hope you realize sexual relations between a husband and his wife is or at least should be a beautiful and wonderful, loving event.  People who talk about it as if it is something dirty or disgusting or bad apparently don't know how it should be.

12 minutes ago, Ahab said:

I hope you realize sexual relations between a husband and his wife is or at least should be a beautiful and wonderful, loving event.  People who talk about it as if it is something dirty or disgusting or bad apparently don't know how it should be.

Of course! We have the puritans to blame for a lot of that point-of-view.

So, when you and your wife are exalted you will continue to have sex and produce spirit babies? Why won't your bodies produce physical bodies since the bodies will still be physical?

14 minutes ago, MiserereNobis said:

So, when you and your wife are exalted you will continue to have sex and produce spirit babies? Why won't your bodies produce physical bodies since the bodies will still be physical?

That's just the way it works, apparently.  When parents are in mortal bodies they reproduce babies in mortal bodies, and when one parent is in a resurrected body while the other is in a mortal body the parents reproduce babies in mortal bodies.

So apparently the only way for parents to reproduce themselves as a baby born in a spiritual body, without a mortal body, is for both of the parents to be in resurrected bodies.

I think that has something to do with the fact that resurrected persons can reproduce themselves as if there had never been a fall, after they have overcome the effects of the fall.   The reason we are in mortal bodies is because of the fall, ya know.

Edited to add:  both types of bodies are physical, btw.  The matter of so-called spiritual bodies is simply more refined or pure than the matter in mortal bodies.

Edited by Ahab

37 minutes ago, Ahab said:

That's just the way it works, apparently.  When parents are in mortal bodies they reproduce babies in mortal bodies, and when one parent is in a resurrected body while the other is in a mortal body the parents reproduce babies in mortal bodies.

So apparently the only way for parents to reproduce themselves as a baby born in a spiritual body, without a mortal body, is for both of the parents to be in resurrected bodies.

I think that has something to do with the fact that resurrected persons can reproduce themselves as if there had never been a fall, after they have overcome the effects of the fall.   The reason we are in mortal bodies is because of the fall, ya know.

Edited to add:  both types of bodies are physical, btw.  The matter of so-called spiritual bodies is simply more refined or pure than the matter in mortal bodies.

So Heavenly Mother has been spiritually pregnant with the untold billions and billions of humans that have, are, and will inhabit the earth?

Ahab, you are sounding just like the anti-Mormons. Did the anti's get this one right?

7 minutes ago, MiserereNobis said:

So Heavenly Mother has been spiritually pregnant with the untold billions and billions of humans that have, are, and will inhabit the earth?

I don't think we know enough yet to know if we all came from the same Mother in heaven, directly, although if you go far enough back they would all be linked to the same Mother, eventually.  Kinda like how all of us came through Eve but not directly from her.

But, yes, just as we all have a common Father in heaven, at some point in our family history, we also have a common Mother in heaven, since our kind of being is a creation of both male and female, together.

7 minutes ago, MiserereNobis said:

Ahab, you are sounding just like the anti-Mormons. Did the anti's get this one right?

Partly right, yes.  The devil, and God too, are in the details.

25 minutes ago, MiserereNobis said:

The antis tapped into some speculative views of some Saints over the years that are based on reason more than revelation (assumption things work the same way when there are a couple of decades and a dozen kids involved as when there are infinite number of years and individuals and perfected bodies that continue to progress so unlikely we can even comprehend the basics of how they work).