Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
rodheadlee

It seems that I have Parsonage Turner syndrome

Recommended Posts

There is that old saying about " busier than a one armed wallpaper hanger "  .They do make hammers that hold the nail in the head so it can be started and driven with one hand. Not much use if you need to hold the board as well.😏

You are on my list rodheadlee .

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, strappinglad said:

There is that old saying about " busier than a one armed wallpaper hanger "  .They do make hammers that hold the nail in the head so it can be started and driven with one hand. Not much use if you need to hold the board as well.😏

You are on my list rodheadlee .

Haha yes I have one of those hammers. Fortunately the job I am on they appreciate my knowledge. I basically give Carpenter lessons and they roll out my tools and roll them up for me. Thank you for your prayers.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I'm so sorry Rod.  That sounds like a difficult diagnosis to come to terms with.  Is it a permanent condition?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Yikes, that's suboptimal for sure.  I wondered about this syndrome, and looked it up on Wikipedia. It is said:

"Despite its wasting and at times long-lasting effects, most cases are resolved by the body's healing system, and recovery is usually good in 18–24 months, depending on how old the person in question is. For instance, a six-year-old could have brachial neuritis for only around 6 months, but a person in their early fifties could have it for over 3 years."

Hopefully it's only temporary for you! Prayers for you, Rod!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, rodheadlee said:

My left shoulder has given up the ability to lift my arm. I think a one armed Carpenter/ captain of small sailboats is pretty useless. If you feel like saying prayers for me I will really appreciate it.

 

Always, I pray things work out. I love hearing stories about your travels, and sort of live vicariously through them. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, bluebell said:

I'm so sorry Rod.  That sounds like a difficult diagnosis to come to terms with.  Is it a permanent condition?

It can go away as soon as two weeks with no surgery or I could take two years and require surgery.

Share this post


Link to post

Thank you for your prayers and comments they always cheer me up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Hello Rod... I'm so sorry to hear this... particularly since sailing can be so physically demanding.  One of my favorite movies is Dead Calm, a terrifying story of a psychopath rescued while at sea by Nicole Kidman and her husband on their sail boat... In the course of the movie, it becomes necessary for Nicole to sail the boat by herself, and it was so interesting, and showed how physically capable and knowledgeable she had to be...  so your condition is not good news for a sailor like you... This next week I'm putting your name on the prayer roll of the Portland Temple.  Names remain on  the roll for two weeks, so I'll renew it.  You are also in my prayers.  

Rod, I'm becoming more arthritic as I age, particularly in my hands, which inhibits me from drawing and painting.  I was also having rotator cuff problems in my shoulder that were so painful, but physical therapy helped a great deal... Can you do some P.T.?  No matter what, prayers going forward...

from the beach... GG

(do you still have your cats?)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

I have a follow-up visit Tuesday and then they will assign me PT

Edited by rodheadlee
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, rodheadlee said:

Thank you for your prayers and comments they always cheer me up.

We love you, Rod. (Lots of us do and I bet the rest like you). 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Sorry Rodheadlee, this is awful. I hope your condition will end ASAP. I'll say a prayer for you, I've been lame on saying them. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, MustardSeed said:

Is it painful? 

It is tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Calm said:

We love you, Rod. (Lots of us do and I bet the rest like you). 

:friends::👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Tacenda said:

Sorry Rodheadlee, this is awful. I hope your condition will end ASAP. I'll say a prayer for you, I've been lame on saying them. 

Thank you. 

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, rodheadlee said:

It can go away as soon as two weeks with no surgery or I could take two years and require surgery.

Well I’m praying it’s sooner rather than later!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, rodheadlee said:

I have a follow-up visit Tuesday and then they will assign me PT

I don't know how effective it'll be, and I certainly have no idea what you're facing, but I do know that, at least, knowing that there's something that I can do, some way I can participate in my own recovery (in however limited a way), is far, far better than simply being forced to stand idly by while something like this runs its course (with who-knows-what results).  Blessings and prayers and well-wishes to you and yours! :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/17/2019 at 12:11 PM, rodheadlee said:

My left shoulder has given up the ability to lift my arm. I think a one armed Carpenter/ captain of small sailboats is pretty useless. If you feel like saying prayers for me I will really appreciate it.

 

Keeping you in my prayers Rod. Chronic pain can be the worst. When I started working at the Public Defenders office about six months in I started having incredible pains in all my joints. It was psoriatic arthritis. There were days I didn't want to go to work because just trying to walk was downright unbearable.

Just remember D&C 121:7-8

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Avatar4321 said:

Keeping you in my prayers Rod. Chronic pain can be the worst. When I started working at the Public Defenders office about six months in I started having incredible pains in all my joints. It was psoriatic arthritis. There were days I didn't want to go to work because just trying to walk was downright unbearable.

Just remember D&C 121:7-8

Thank you for reminding me of that scripture.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/18/2019 at 12:59 AM, rodheadlee said:

It is tonight.

I’m sorry.  I had adhesive capsulitis in one arm for 7 months, it took my breath away some nights.  I understand. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Rod, it surely does suck getting older and getting these things they used to call "aches and pains of aging."

Lots of ice, brother, and keep that sucker as stretched out as circumstances allow!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...