Seriously No Politics ×

What happened at FairMormon Conference?

For the first time in many years, I missed the FairMormon Conference. 

Ive not seen much in the way of summaries of any of the presentations given at the conference. I’m wondering if any here who attended the conference would mind posting one or two highlights for discussion. 

7 hours ago, Scott Lloyd said:

Ive not seen much in the way of summaries of any of the presentations given at the conference. I’m wondering if any here who attended the conference would mind posting one or two highlights for discussion. 

I bought the streaming video but so far have not reviewed the videos

Hopefully this weekend.....

1) The consensus on Hill Cumorah is that it is actually in central park.

2) The BoM was originally written in Coptic and not reformed Egyptian. 

3) Alma 30 is the best apologia in the entire book.

4) Jacob 5 needs sub headings and notes for dummies (like myself).

5) JS spirit has been seen lurking at Church of the Holy Sepulchre and taking communion.

6) Jesus affirms that partaking of pneumatic presence communion is a mortal sin.

7) Sidney Rigdon has been reinstated to the College of Past LDS Apostles.

8. Lucy Mack Smith still makes the best pies. Eat your heart out Marie Calender.

You're welcome, Scott!!

Edited by Valentinus
20 hours ago, Scott Lloyd said:

"ChurchIsTrue" put up a summary over at Wheat & Tares. The one by Don Bradley sounds very intriguing suggesting that the First Vision was an actual ascent to heaven of a sort.

10 hours ago, clarkgoble said:

"ChurchIsTrue" put up a summary over at Wheat & Tares. The one by Don Bradley sounds very intriguing suggesting that the First Vision was an actual ascent to heaven of a sort.

I’m Facebook friends with Don, and I do recall a Facebook posting from him to that effect. Yes, it was very intriguing indeed. 

It made me wonder if Joseph experienced something akin to what Nephi or John the Revelator did. 

Edited by Scott Lloyd

Tonight I purchased the right to stream the conference and have watched the first and last talks. Both bear repeated viewing imho. 

On 8/17/2019 at 5:41 PM, Scott Lloyd said:

I’m Facebook friends with Don, and I do recall a Facebook posting from him to that effect. Yes, it was very intriguing indeed. 

It made me wonder if Joseph experienced something akin to what Nephi or John the Revelator did. 

I'm very interested in this talk, I might need to fork over my $ to buy the streaming video.