Seriously No Politics ×

The Good Place

On 8/12/2019 at 11:02 AM, The Nehor said:

Creating Monty Python, Fawlty Towers, Doctor Who, and Blackadder covers a multitude of sins.

Never watched Blackadder...

I am losing weight on this new medication but have not lost any height yet. We will see if that changes.

Just wait till you turn about 50... it seems to happen to all of us guys.

That is Elric as a toddler. First glimpse I got of him in person. He is much bigger now and thinks he is Cassanova with the two girls.

Do you raise sugar gliders? You like a challenge.

40 minutes ago, RevTestament said:

Just wait till you turn about 50... it seems to happen to all of us guys.

Do you raise sugar gliders? You like a challenge.

I plan to be translated at around 47 to avoid that.

Yeah, challenging but rewarding. They all mostly like me now and they will happily ride me around the house while I am doing stuff.

8 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

I plan to be translated at around 47 to avoid that.

Fish, fish, get your wish.

8 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

Yeah, challenging but rewarding. They all mostly like me now and they will happily ride me around the house while I am doing stuff.

Brings back memories of a grey squirrel I raised. She would climb me like a tree, and sit on my shoulder whenever anyone else came around. I let her go out as she pleased, and she eventually acclimated to squirrel life.

On 8/14/2019 at 5:56 PM, RevTestament said:

Never watched Blackadder...

I've watched a few segments of it on YouTube, but never a complete episode.  My favorite segment is the last one in the series, the conclusion of it, which is Blackadder in the trenches of WW1.

It's funny but poignant.

Well, great, my DVD of The Good Place 1st season arrived, and the wife and I watched the first 2 episodes.

Not impressed.  I'm sure there's something worthwhile in there someplace, but I might not find it.  But then again, I've gotten harder to impress with TV as I've gotten older.  Maybe because of the realization that I don't have as much time to waste as I used to have, and I'm going to waste it with THIS?  

2 hours ago, Stargazer said:

Well, great, my DVD of The Good Place 1st season arrived, and the wife and I watched the first 2 episodes.

Not impressed.  I'm sure there's something worthwhile in there someplace, but I might not find it.  But then again, I've gotten harder to impress with TV as I've gotten older.  Maybe because of the realization that I don't have as much time to waste as I used to have, and I'm going to waste it with THIS?  

I didn’t like the few episodes I have watched  so it may get better later

On 8/9/2019 at 4:18 PM, The Nehor said:

I always thought the Prime Directive was a copout. Oh, we have a law that we might possibly damage you in some way so to avoid any ethical considerations and keep ourselves morally unspotted we are going to stand by and watch you all die.

If God took the approach of not contacting us until we were developed and advanced enough we would all be doomed.

Well we did get some training and teaching before we came down here and I'm sure our Father played a big part in all that.  Now we're just here to be tested and if we blow ourselves up or something like that we'll just be going back to where we first started up there.

On 8/10/2019 at 5:30 PM, Stargazer said:

The Prime Directive seems like a great idea unless following it results in more harm than violating it.  Maybe the Prime Directive should be modified with the first principle of the Hippocratic Oath: "First, do no harm."

Anyway, thanks for the straight line!

It's not as if anyone is ever annihilated so there is only so much we or anyone else can do to harm ourselves.  And it would be us doing the harm to our own selves, rather than our Father doing something to harm us.