Seriously No Politics ×

The Tyranny of Enforced Tolerance

5 hours ago, USU78 said:

Yeah. I've noticed that when SCOTUS speaks, hundreds of thousands of babies get slaughtered, and everybody is fine with it. See how I'm smiling? See how happy I am to see Moloch fed? See how not a soul has ever dissented?

Yup. SCOTUS rules. 

It's called "the rule of law."  There are other modes of governance.  It has nothing to do with whether you or I like any particular decision.

7 hours ago, Calm said:

Then you should applaud when a man goes back to his masculine roots of skirts and hose:

659px-Fran%C3%A7ois_Clouet_004.jpg

Sometimes a man just needs to look pretty.

main-qimg-5c5783b01033d8b98f593c5ce7629c

5 hours ago, MustardSeed said:

I promise storm would not have an issue in a restaurant if I wore the same black slacks and white shirts as Bob wore.  I’ve never looked like a boy a day in my life :)

I think most women look sexier in jeans and a T-shirt. Something about the casual look.

16 hours ago, USU78 said:

What happens though when the guy finishes his gender transition if that includes having his body parts altered so that his body looks more like the body of a woman?

It's at times like these that I yearn even more than I usually do for righteousness to fill the whole earth.

11 hours ago, Calm said:

Can't tell the difference between the two, right?  Is this a man or a woman?

553ddbed213c9-021120060850017575.jpg?cro

These days who really knows?  I'd give odds that it is probably a real woman but some guys can sometimes do a pretty good look alike, even when naked if they have had enough surgery in those nether regions.  

It's at times like these that I yearn for the days when it was a whole heck of a lot easier to tell the difference between a man and a woman.

7 hours ago, Robert F. Smith said:

It's called "the rule of law."  There are other modes of governance.  It has nothing to do with whether you or I like any particular decision.

Yeah but we're starting to get a lot of really sucky laws in this country and other parts of the world, too.

What we need is a REVOLUTION!  Or Armageddon.  Or something major like that!

This democratic republican government we now have isn't working as well as it used to and even back then there was a better option available if everybody had simply joined the true church of Jesus Christ and followed our Lord's appointed representative leaders.

But it's still not too late! Everyone can still join with us now!!!

13 hours ago, USU78 said:

Yeah. I've noticed that when SCOTUS speaks, hundreds of thousands of babies get slaughtered, and everybody is fine with it. See how I'm smiling? See how happy I am to see Moloch fed? See how not a soul has ever dissented?

Yup. SCOTUS rules. 

Have you seen the Republican Party promote a constitutional amendment to overturn Roe v Wade?  I know I haven't.  What hypocrisy.  Abortion is a race war.  The Republicans secretly endorse abortion; the Democrats openly endorse abortion.

Now, flag burning and kneeling at football games -- there's something that gets attention!

Edited by Bob Crockett
Just now, Bob Crockett said:

Have you seen the Republican Party promote a constitutional amendment to overturn Roe v Wade?  I know I haven't.  What hypocrisy.  

Gotta get some more ducks in the row first.  They've been working on it for quite a while now, trying to set the stage first.  And they are getting closer and closer.

“Enforced Tolerance”.  Isn’t that kind of an oxymoron? 

When you enforce tolerance the preferences of at least one side will not be tolerated.  So, how does that work exactly?

Edited by pogi
49 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

Sometimes a man just needs to look pretty.

main-qimg-5c5783b01033d8b98f593c5ce7629c

I think most women look sexier in jeans and a T-shirt. Something about the casual look.

Agreed. 

Also, fwiw, I have found the ulitimate pair of jeans.  70s vintage bell bottoms.  Ordered them on line, I’ve had more compliments from strangers than expected.  Out with skinny jeans already! 

2 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Agreed. 

Also, fwiw, I have found the ulitimate pair of jeans.  70s vintage bell bottoms.  Ordered them on line, I’ve had more compliments from strangers than expected.  Out with skinny jeans already! 

I was born in the late 70s so I just missed that trend. Tempting to get some though. It is a fashion in need of a comeback.

10 hours ago, The Nehor said:

That is clearly an alien invader masquerading as human. Look at the eyes.

https://www.dragqueenstoryhour.org/

23 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Gotta get some more ducks in the row first.  They've been working on it for quite a while now, trying to set the stage first.  And they are getting closer and closer.

That's pretty funny. Roe v Wade has been law for 37 years.  I am sure they will get their act together really soon and get that amendment passed.

5 minutes ago, Bernard Gui said:

I don’t care much about men in dresses- you do you.  But the gal with all the gold makeup and melting mascara? That’s a costume that has nothing to do with dress up being “reality” .  That’s just dress up.  If you need to indoctrinate kids to show them that gender is fluid, be more pure about it imo. If the goal is to be ok with you, then be you.  If you love wearIng all the stuff, you be you, I’m down with that.  But call it what it is imo.  Dress up. I enjoy it myself every now and again! 

Edited by MustardSeed
47 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Yeah but we're starting to get a lot of really sucky laws in this country and other parts of the world, too.

What we need is a REVOLUTION!  Or Armageddon.  Or something major like that!

This democratic republican government we now have isn't working as well as it used to ...................................................

31 minutes ago, Bob Crockett said:

Have you seen the Republican Party promote a constitutional amendment to overturn Roe v Wade?  I know I haven't.  What hypocrisy.  Abortion is a race war.  The Republicans secretly endorse abortion; the Democrats openly endorse abortion.

Now, flag burning and kneeling at football games -- there's something that gets attention!

It's called freedom, and the rule of law protects it.  We must tolerate a lot of things with which we disagree.  That has usually been true in the USA , and there has been an awful price to pay when it hasn't.

2 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

I don’t care much about men in dresses- you do you.  But the gal with all the gold makeup and melting mascara? That’s a costume that has nothing to do with dress up being “reality” .  That’s just dress up.  If you need to indoctrinate kids to show them that gender is fluid, be more pure about it imo. If the goal is to be ok with you, then be you.  

I have no idea what you just said. I assume (?) you think drag queen hour at the library is just dress up? Please explain.

38 minutes ago, Ahab said:

No, they aren’t. They are passing ridiculous state laws targeting abortion clinics to make the clinics unable to operate. I am not a fan of abortion but I also really hate that kind of lawmaking where it is designed to eliminate something without actually just doing it.

12 minutes ago, california boy said:

That's pretty funny. Roe v Wade has been law for 37 years.  I am sure they will get their act together really soon and get that amendment passed.

Yeah, I am not sure Ahab realizes the steep cliff amendments have to go up. Demographics are favoring more states turning blue over the next few years and somehow 3/4s of the states are going to vote for this. Amending the constitution requires a very strong general consensus.

Edited by The Nehor
12 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

Sounds more entertaining and useful then most drag queen performances.

Indeed. I’m signing up to take my grandkids to the next drag queen reading session at our local library. The one at the Purrfect Kitty Lounge last week didn’t really get the point across to them. Girls in pants, boys in dresses....you be you. Who the heck cares?

Edited by Bernard Gui
32 minutes ago, pogi said:

“Enforced Tolerance”.  Isn’t that kind of an oxymoron? 

When you enforce tolerance the preferences of at least one side will not be tolerated.  So, how does that work exactly?

It works like this:  A woman complains loudly in a restaurant that a woman she sees nursing her baby in public should not be doing so.  The police are called and must explain to the complainer that nursing in public is perfectly legal.  This just happened a few days ago in the USA.  Just because someone doesn't approve of nursing in public does not give that person the right to interfere.  They should remain respectfully silent.  Enforced tolerance would mean that the police officer would write a citation to the complainer charging her with disturbing a nursing mother and her baby.  She should be fined at increasing levels for each violation.

12 minutes ago, Bernard Gui said:

I have no idea what you just said. I assume (?) you think drag queen hour at the library is just dress up? Please explain.

No.  The article specifically says that it teaches kids that sometimes dress up is real.  

There is nothing real about goth style. My comment is on the 2nd photo.  It’s not about the program. Drag is often fantasy.  Transgender is not always about drag.