Sign in to follow this  
provoman

RICO Act, Proposed Class Action against the Church - it is filed

8 hours ago, The Nehor said:

I am a sadist and I refuse to hurt you. ;) 

Come on! I'm not even well liked around here. Surely I can get a punch!?!

On 8/7/2019 at 6:01 PM, Calm said:

How does that make her cause well documented?  If they were a poorly documented book and website, just because they exist doesn't mean her case is well documented.

Given what I read in her papers and the amount of times I saw "upon information and belief" instead of actual references, I have my doubts about quality of documentation for her cause.

Or do you mean there is a lot of public information on her cause available?  As in "well known"?

I meant to express that it is well known that Burningham and Park  have an agenda or axe to grind. 

On 8/8/2019 at 2:52 PM, smac97 said:

It took about 30 minutes.  I just skimmed through the complaint and made observations about the most obviously problematic parts of it.

Litigators can do this sort of stuff all day long.  It can be tedious, but not "exhausting."

Thanks,

-Smac

I think the lawyers hired to respond will spend much longer than your half hour.  This may be a gift to Kirton McConkie et. al.    or Stoel Rives LLP, but it is a waste a church funds that could ( and would ) be spent in much better ways.  Since this lawsuit is not going anywhere, I see it as a very selfish act by people seeking to feed their own drama. 

7 minutes ago, topcougar said:

I think the lawyers hired to respond will spend much longer than your half hour. 

I think you are correct.

7 minutes ago, topcougar said:

This may be a gift to Kirton McConkie et. al.    or Stoel Rives LLP, but it is a waste a church funds that could ( and would ) be spent in much better ways.  Since this lawsuit is not going anywhere, I see it as a very selfish act by people seeking to feed their own drama. 

Yes.  I never thought I would actually see a case that makes McKenna Denson's lawsuit reasonable by comparison.

Thanks,

-Smac

28 minutes ago, topcougar said:

I meant to express that it is well known that Burningham and Park  have an agenda or axe to grind. 

Thanks for the clarification.